• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

A very interesting topic and timely too. Takes me back about a couple of years, when I trod on a couple of toes and wrote and apologised and asked forgiveness from those who I offended and the acceptance was posted, but reluctanly in a couple of cases. But as I said, that was a couple of years ago and there have some changes in the admin of the board since. one should chill out before jumoing in to respond if they feel a bit ticked off.. You know, dont' let the sun go down on your anger, or sompen like that. :emot-hug:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Good piece :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I just read this topic and am amazed, but not really, how it offended those who do the most offending. Just a suggestion. We do not share truth to convince anyone, that is the Spirit's job. We are just fishermen, looking for those who are in touch with the Spirit and searching for truth. When we share what we believe to be truth, we let the truth and the spirit do the cutting. If He is not able to get through, we will not and then we have done all that can be done. The word will get to all who are open to the Spirit of truth. Yes we can continue to discuss and present Scriptural evidence for our position without demeaning those who disagree with us. This open discussion allows everyone to reveal the spirit that motivates then. The honest and sincere are able to discern the Spirit of Jesus, versus the Spirit of pride.

Remember Jesus said to rejoice, not 'get ticked off' when people attack you, belittle you and say all manner of evil about you for His name sake, for the truth. Those people in the Spirit do not offend, are not offended and can disagree with others without having to offend. The truth that they speak may offend, but then it is the truth of God testifying that their deeds are evil and they won't believe Him or humble their hearts before Him in repentance.

Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Jesus lives in the heart of the true believer and thus what is done to him is done to Jesus. You see it is to be the truth that offends, for the Holy Spirit is convicting the conscience, if this conviction is rejected, then the only recourse is to offend and accuse to justify ones position. All this is foreign to the Spirit of Christ.

Mt 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.

This thread has been a perfect parable about this issue. Now just watch it be played out over this reply. Those with the Spirit of Christ don't get 'ticked off' for they love even their enemies. This is one way to sort out the many voices out there and those who 'revile not' have the Spirit of Christ and most likely are correct.

PS: We really are to be like Christ, for Scripture says 'we have the mind of Christ'.

God Bless,

Dennis