penfold

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Have you tried using prophecy to reach the lost and tell them what God has for them?

Prophecy is used for other Christians but shouldnt it be used by us to reach the lost?

How about telling people about the ancient Babylonian school of Daniel for dream interpretation instead of Freud?

Try praying that God will give a person you know a dream and then help them with its meaning.

Pen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Haven't you noticed that, here at Worthy least, it's more fun to tell American Christians that G-d is going punish America for being so sinful (like we don't already know that) and to criticize the Church for not being what we think it should be (like we don't know the Church isn't perfect). It is always easier to "prophesy" in front of Christians than unbelievers. But you are right, Pen. Since you brough it up, why don't YOU start. It might be refreshing.

Haven't you noticed that, here at Worthy least, it's more fun to tell American Christians that G-d is going punish America for being so sinful (like we don't already know that) and to criticize the Church for not being what we think it should be (like we don't know the Church isn't perfect). It is always easier to "prophesy" in front of Christians than unbelievers. But you are right, Pen. Since you brough it up, why don't YOU start. It might be refreshing.

You do have a way with words. :)

Hi Marnie,

Do you mean the sin of murder, rape, adultery, theft etc. is not the same sin as say in Germany?...Italy?...Switzerland?...Canada? is there a different type of sin that goes on in America that puts the U.S. at the forefront of Gods wrath ?

There's over a billion people in China, a billion people in India and about 300 million people in the U.S. Do the sins of 300 million out weigh the sins of 2 Billion for any particular reason?

Is spelling God G.O.D. more sinful than say spelling it G-d? by spelling God G-d wouldn't that be submitting yourself to the Law of the Old Testament? So if I remember right, people, specifically Judaizers, spell God G-d because of Deut. 12:3 which is an O.T. Law. Wouldn't placing yourself under the Law only lead to condemnation because no flesh shall be justified by the Law Gal. 2:16 ?

So which of the two is more sinful of writing His name, God or G-d? :thumbsup:

Which Nation is more sinful, Israel for rejecting the Messiah or the U.S. for accepting the Messiah? :)

Peace

CJ

What in the world are you talking about? What? Brevity is the soul of wit; you have brevity, my son, but I am missing the wit.

As to why I choose to drop the "o" in G-d, I believe that is my busness. If it offends you, dont read my posts.

Piece

MM

You do have a way with words. :)

Lord knows I try.

You do have a way with words. :P

Lord knows I try.

:help:

:thumbsup::)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Have you tried using prophecy to reach the lost and tell them what God has for them?

Prophecy is used for other Christians but shouldnt it be used by us to reach the lost?

How about telling people about the ancient Babylonian school of Daniel for dream interpretation instead of Freud?

Try praying that God will give a person you know a dream and then help them with its meaning.

Pen

You know this is a good point. We have fulfilled prophesies in scripture, which can be quite strong in reaching some people, if we show, look xyz has happened just as prophesized, this is a great tool. I think prophesy was given to us in the bible for this very purpose. Christ tells us to watch for these signs, so we know that He is coming. So prophesy strengthens believers, and convinces unbelievers. I believe this is the purpose. I don't think prophesy is meant to convince political leaders of much of anything. We get so used to some of them we don't even realize how amazing they are. Consider just one simple one; Christ said His message would be preached to all nations around the world. Now think how crazy that must have sounded 2000 years ago, they guy probably had no more than one or two hundred followers at that time in a backwater province of the Roman Empire. Yet here we are today. There are numerous passages which are straightforward and easy to use that are now fulfilled or largely fulfilled.