• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I only speak on this subject because this is a very hard time for me Spiritually. I have noticed this year that many of those surrounding me have been having spiritual problems too. My youth group has been fighting over everything. We have been under an attack. Spiritual warfare is being waged!! I have to ask. How are you doing? Have you been more down than usual lately? Even our church has been in strife lately. I know it is due to the season. Don't let anyone convince you that Halloween is harmless. It is very active spiritually. Just wanted to let everyone knoe it has affected me and those around me. Maybe someone didn't know what was wrong. Give me your opinions on this. :blink:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Satan is at work ...no matter what day it is.

Speaking on what I have seen... Halloween is not what it used to be when I was a kid. We used to have fun putting on costumes..... going house to house and collecting candy, not to mention all the fun Halloween parties!

Though Halloween may have always been a bad thing... I have seen it become more worse in my 60 yrs of life. I live in Washington State. On Halloween we have had mass mutilations of horses, and cats. Our local group of Wiccans meet on Halloween night in the Town's central park and do their thing. Ok, maybe this part is no big deal to you...but it is to me! Especially when our government allows Halloween stuff to be put up anywhere... but taboos at Christmas, the Nativity!

bouncyhalo.gifAP

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I definitely agree with you, Godslove26! Halloween is NOT harmless, and I believe no True believer should be involved with anything to do with it. Alot of people think it is just innocent fun, and that is what the Enemy wants us to believe. Halloween is very evil and demonic, and we need to be aware of the spiritual issues that are going on in our lives and within the church. When we are fighting in our youth groups, at church or even in our home, we need to just say "Hey! lets pray." Because that is what the devil DOESN'T want.

Personally I did take my 6 yr old out begging for candy, but when he is old enough I am going to tell him the truth about Halloween. He is such a good boy. I recall one of his best prayers............."God bless Hot dogs and CNN. LOL try that for an Autistic (he was 5 at the time) 6 yr old in kindergarten. Kinda hard not to let him go because he doesn't understand. Plus they still have Halloween parties at school around here too.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

:rofl: I dunno, I think it all comes back to what is in our heart. I didn't take our kids trick/treating either. I took them out to eat! But, I'm still not totally 100% sold on the idea that it is inherently evil?

I see it as Satans day (mose ex satanists do). I know that the spiritual is really open that night. Deamons roam freely to opress who they choose(normally those who don't believe in them). Sacrifices go up, and so does the possession rate. Inheritly evil? I dunno. I think you can do fun things without giving satan glory.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I think of all of the churches that have some sort of celebration at church. A weiner roast, hayride, etc. without even coming close to giving Satan the glory. I think that helps give Satan a migraine when we take something he would like to think is his and take it away from him!

LOL satan needs more than a migraine

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Beyond the obvious dangers of Halloween (allowing evil influences into our lives, engaging in activities that bring no honor to God), there is something yet deeper. The original customs and celebration of this holiday can be traced back to the worship of deceiving spirits by pagans. Today, it is regarded as a special day for Satanists and Wiccans.

It must be insulting to God to see His children, whom He has forgiven and loved without bounds despite their unworthiness, participating in such an event. Even if the manner in which we celebrate seems innocuous, we are still observing an occasion that honors Satan and his deceptions. This symbolism is lost on neither the God of love, nor the enemy of our souls.