Guest Revolutionist777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I'm pretty new here and I read all the different posts in this thread and I would have to say Marnie that you aren't a very nice person.

Maybe you need to get off your own asset and find something to do besides climbing up the assets of others :)

I would have to say that's quite a statement, considering you don't know me. Are you exercising a gift of the Spirit?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

The poor in this country have access to social programs galore. If they are living on the streets it's because that is where they want to be. If an elderly man who worked all his life has nothing in his sunset years, it is because he didn't plan for his retirement. That is not the nation's fault. Do people slip through the cracks, of course they do. But there are government agencies and private agencies all over ready to help such people. But you have to find them; they won't come looking for you.

Tell me...when was the last time you applied for some form of social program? And when was the last time you went out and interviewed these homeless people that told you they are where they want to be? That they all live on the streets because that is where they want to be?

Why don't you give us a list of these wonderful places that assist these people in truly getting back on their feet and not just give enough to get along for a few days a month before they are broke again...before they have no food to feed their kids and before day care costs eat up anything that might have been left over after rent and utilities are paid from the welfare checks.

These statements are made out of ignorance, most likely made, by someone who has never had to live in such a way. And if the person who made this statement has been there, then they have a real memory problem.

Every country deals with their sin...every country has abominations that stand against them..that is not refuted. But we don't live in every country, we live in America..or at least I do. When the welfare program was started it was instituted to get people back on their feet. Now, and I know because I HAVE been there, it is implemented in such a way that no one can hope to get back on their feet. Unless of course they work the system enough to pull them through the tight times to get to the other side. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer. And nothing galls me more than to hear someone say that a person wants to live in destitution..that it was a choice.

How sickening!

"NOBODY is denied essential medical care in America." I love this one, and you are totally correct there, but once you get it, what are you going to do to keep the hospital and/or collection agencies off of your back? They are like rabid wolves, and they will come after you if all you have to your name is one thin dime. You then go on to say that people really should have nore health insurance, basically. How are they supposed to afford it? That cracks me up. "I know you've only got a minimum wage job, but you really need more health insurance." Are the poor here in America to be envied by the poor in other countries? You better believe it, but I doubt that that is what they say to themselves as they go to sleep. That is not germane to this discussion.

Sorry but I have to take offense with this statement. I run a hospital, I and my CFO have personally worked with countless individuals on their medical bills. We have people with payment plans that are so low it will take them literally 50 years to pay off the Bill. I have personally authorised thousands and thousands of total write offs. The ones who go to collections make absolutely no, zero, zippo effort to even acknowledge that they have a bill. And contrary to your broad sweeping assessment, my Hospital is not an exception it is a common practice. This is not to say a few Hospitals have not behaved improperly, for they have. If it seems like you have pushed one of my buttons....you have...Countless wonderful deeds happen because of our hospitals, and it's not just the Doctors and Nurses. There is a very liberal agenda to take over the Medical care here in America, and one of there tactics is to demonize the Hospital. That way you have no choice but to rely on your good ole Government to be your savior from those evil Hospitals.

Ok Done Ranting,

God Bless,

Kansas Dad

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/08/1966

I'm pretty new here and I read all the different posts in this thread and I would have to say Marnie that you aren't a very nice person.

Maybe you need to get off your own asset and find something to do besides climbing up the assets of others :)

I would have to say that's quite a statement, considering you don't know me. Are you exercising a gift of the Spirit?

It doesn't take a gift to see what I said must hold truth. You wrote the words yourself, all throughout the thread. It was observation. :) page 3, page 2, page 1 you are all over people for speaking their minds. And I must say in a very rude way.

Tell me...when was the last time you applied for some form of social program? And when was the last time you went out and interviewed these homeless people that told you they are where they want to be? That they all live on the streets because that is where they want to be?

Why don't you give us a list of these wonderful places that assist these people in truly getting back on their feet and not just give enough to get along for a few days a month before they are broke again...before they have no food to feed their kids and before day care costs eat up anything that might have been left over after rent and utilities are paid from the welfare checks.

These statements are made out of ignorance, most likely made, by someone who has never had to live in such a way. And if the person who made this statement has been there, then they have a real memory problem.

Every country deals with their sin...every country has abominations that stand against them..that is not refuted. But we don't live in every country, we live in America..or at least I do. When the welfare program was started it was instituted to get people back on their feet. Now, and I know because I HAVE been there, it is implemented in such a way that no one can hope to get back on their feet. Unless of course they work the system enough to pull them through the tight times to get to the other side. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer. And nothing galls me more than to hear someone say that a person wants to live in destitution..that it was a choice.

How sickening!

I have never been on social assisstance. After I spent a year in the hospital, I got out on a walker, unable to turn my head or raise my hands over my shoulders. I couldn't speak, and still can't. I was offered a pension from the government. I weighed my options and turned down the pension and found a job. I am self sufficient today with a prosperous business of my own; I depend on no one. If I--a recovering disabled person can do it--anybody can.

As for the rest of your comments, who can argue with you?

Perhaps she's referring to the post where you call me ignorant. . . :)

You called me ignorant and you don't know me, but you tell her she has no right to say your not nice when she has seen what you called me, and other people. Double standards here? :)

I think I said your comments were ignorant. I dont know you, so how can I know your mental state? Personally, I think you're a pretty cool guy, and I would definitely have coffee with you, so long as you pick up the check.

She is free to comment on my comments, but how can she know I am a bad person if she never met me?

No double standards at all.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/08/1966

Perhaps she's referring to the post where you call me ignorant. . . :)

You called me ignorant and you don't know me, but you tell her she has no right to say your not nice when she has seen what you called me, and other people. Double standards here? :)

I think I said your comments were ignorant. I dont know you, so how can I know your mental state? Personally, I think you're a pretty cool guy, and I would definitely have coffee with you, so long as you pick up the check.

She is free to comment on my comments, but how can she know I am a bad person if she never met me?

No double standards at all.

I did not say you are a bad person. I said you aren't a very nice person. But after reading your last post about your physical disability and how you have over come such great odds maybe you have a right to be so hard on others. I don't know for sure. I just know what I saw. ;)

I did not say you are a bad person. I said you aren't a very nice person. But after reading your last post about your physical disability and how you have over come such great odds maybe you have a right to be so hard on others. I don't know for sure. I just know what I saw. :)

Nope, I have no right to be hard on others. But you know, it's way too easy to whine or criticize than to actually do something to change things, including your own life, you know? If I come across as brutal, it's the impersonal nature of the 'net. Because, in reality, I am totally loveable. Ask anybody.

My disability is virtually gone now, thanks to the goodness of G-d and some very dear people who went the extra mile to help me. I am walking, running, dancing (badly, I admit), but talking is out forever; no vocal cords anymore. So why am I single? Oy vey. :)