• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

truds...

Just voice your opinion! You will discover, if you have humility of heart, whether you were right or whether you were wrong. It is when we choose to lend a voice to our beliefs that we can be placed in a position to learn. If you are wrong in your understanding about something, you would want to be shown that, wouldn't you? If you are right, you would want to be instrumental in the light going on in someone's mind about that, also, wouldn't you?

Go for it, honey! Speak up! It will benefit you in more ways than you know! :24:

Thats my floatingaxe, always speaks the truth. I agree just go for it and speak up. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1948

There are a lot of books out there that are right and a lot of books out there that are wrong, and a lot of books out there that are both. But if you read a book and judge it by what scripture actually says you will have your answer. Add in a generous amount of prayer too. Also Jesus knows our hearts and I believe that if our hearts are true and our knowledge questionable he will forgive us that also. The enemy does not want us to know that. He does not want us to acknowledge faith jsut failure. God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I am following you, but I did not see which leader you were unsure of or which teaching you felt was incorrect. Perhaps if you were a little bit more specific I could comment and use scripture to back up my thoughts. Thanks for posting and welcome to worthy!!!

hi carrielles,

I feel like i am an old member of worthy because i have read so much on this site. thanx for the welcome. i would rather not name the teacher, i think i'll leave that to the guys on doctrinal and controversial discussions. i think with this post i wanted to express my frustration with not always knowing whether we are believing and living the truth. i think that we may be well-meaning and still wrong! An example could be teachings on prayer or the baptism of the Holy Spirit or demonology. Or teachings on prosperity. For some it may be crystal clear either for or against these teachings. Most people follow and don't discern for themselves. Most of us want to be part of a majority group, it's easier and feels safer. Are we going to get to heaven and be shocked at how wrong we were? What if we are true born-again christians but we have led people astray with our teachings? I feel it is a huge responsibility to be a teacher of any thing.

truds

Truds you're on the right path!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Hello from South Africa - it is blessed to see other Africans on this site.

The bible is our ultimate source of knowledge Hose 4:6 "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge" we should never stop yearning for knowledge but in our quest and passion we should also pray for discernment because their are different sources of knowledge. Knowledge can be both destructive and constructive we should look at buliding ourselves when we learn - once we start questioning the biblical foundations then we should question the source of the knowledge. I love they way you say you thirst for knowledge - this is truely a great thing. Pray for direction in your thirsting though then it will be even better and well founded

Hi Nevin!

A South African! At last someone from the right side of the world...

I think I have learned hard lessons through reading way too many books. So-called authorities on spiritual matters always need to be judged by the Word. My gravestone will probably be engraved with: ...ok, but...what does the Bible say on that? :wub:

love

truds

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Beware of any teaching that casts doubt on our ability to discern what is true and right. If we are incapable of knowing what is true, then we believe in a cruel God Who gave us multiple commands to devote our lives to a cause and purpose we could never fulfill.