• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

But that's the inevitable conclusion of your opinion - you just refuse to see it. Likewise, with what you said above, you believe in eternal security.

It is your misconclusion. It is not inevitable. It is NOT my opinion anyhow! So go figure! I do not believe in Eternal Security.

Then you believe in work's based salvation.

Of course not. I believe in Salvation by the Cross and the shed blood of Christ. I already asserted that good works is an outflow of faith.

Then you believe in Eternal Security.

Stop it. I do not.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

But that's the inevitable conclusion of your opinion - you just refuse to see it. Likewise, with what you said above, you believe in eternal security.

It is your misconclusion. It is not inevitable. It is NOT my opinion anyhow! So go figure! I do not believe in Eternal Security.

Of course not. I believe in Salvation by the Cross and the shed blood of Christ. I already asserted that good works is an outflow of faith.

Stop it. I do not.

Well which is it? If we are saved by faith, which is something God gives us and maintains, it is literally impossible for us to overpower Him and walk away. If we can walk away, then it is purely works based. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Stop it. I do not.

Well which is it? If we are saved by faith, which is something God gives us and maintains, it is literally impossible for us to overpower Him and walk away. If we can walk away, then it is purely works based. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

We are responsible to maintain our walk with Christ. If we don;t maintain it and slip into apostasy, then we can lose our standing in God. It is not works based--it is faith based. We are in a relationship with Him--we can certainly stray away in our hearts. Works are a reflection, but it is our hearts that can condemn us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Stop it. I do not.

The problem with your arguement is that though I can be saved by faith . . . by receiving the free gift . . . says nothing about you walking away from that. We all believed that we are saved by faith. You are adding your own thoughts that we cannot walk away form it. If I walk away from a free gift, that has nothing to do with how I received it. The two are unrelated. You can walk away from a free gift.

If we don;t maintain it and slip into apostasy, then we can lose our standing in God.

Then you believe in works based salvation.

The problem with your arguement is that though I can be saved by faith . . . by receiving the free gift . . . says nothing about you walking away from that.

I already addressed this in a previous post...a previous post you failed to respond to. Why are you rehashing what has already been dealt with? :whistling:

You can walk away from a free gift.

Where did I say it was a free gift? It's not...it's a covenant that we enter into.

Still, your silence in responding to my previous post is...uncanny.

If we don;t maintain it and slip into apostasy, then we can lose our standing in God.

The problem with your arguement is that though I can be saved by faith . . . by receiving the free gift . . . says nothing about you walking away from that.

I already addressed this in a previous post...a previous post you failed to respond to. Why are you rehashing what has already been dealt with? :whistling:

Where did I say it was a free gift? It's not...it's a covenant that we enter into.

I am never silent for long!

I do NOT believe in a works based salvation---Jesus doesn't save us that way, so do not harass me with such a heresy.

I already addressed this in a previous post...a previous post you failed to respond to. Why are you rehashing what has already been dealt with? :emot-handshake:

I do NOT believe in a works based salvation---Jesus doesn't save us that way, so do not harass me with such a heresy.

You said we have to work out our own salvation, that we can release ourselves from Christ. That is work's based salvation.

I already addressed this in a previous post...a previous post you failed to respond to. Why are you rehashing what has already been dealt with? :emot-handshake:

You said we have to work out our own salvation, that we can release ourselves from Christ. That is work's based salvation.

The Bible tells us to work out our salvation in fear and trembling--live it out--- and yes, we can fall away by choice. It's about faith--either it is weak or strong. FAITH in Christ, but works has nothing to do with one's salvation. Either the Lord knows us or He doesn't.

Salvation is found by faith in Christ through His shed blood. Stop making a morbid game out of this.

The Bible tells us to work out our salvation in fear and trembling--live it out--- and yes, we can fall away by choice. It's about faith--either it is weak or strong. FAITH in Christ, but works has nothing to do with one's salvation. Either the Lord knows us or He doesn't.

Salvation is found by faith in Christ through His shed blood. Stop making a morbid game out of this.

If salvation is by faith in Christ, then it cannot be lost, because then it becomes a covenant with Him in which He sanctifies us and causes us to do good works. However, if we can walk away, it becomes a work. Our salvation becomes dependent on our works, ergo, a work's based salvation. It's not a game, I'm merely showing you the conclusion of your beliefs.

If salvation is by faith in Christ, then it cannot be lost, because then it becomes a covenant with Him in which He sanctifies us and causes us to do good works. However, if we can walk away, it becomes a work. Our salvation becomes dependent on our works, ergo, a work's based salvation. It's not a game, I'm merely showing you the conclusion of your beliefs.

Here we go again. It is not works, nor is it OSAS. It is by the work of Jesus Christ, but by our faithlessness, we can become lukewarm and even reprobate...it is sin.

2 Corinthians 13:5

Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith.