Guest ROBERT WELLS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I know I sound like a broklen record here, but "once saved always saved" is not a doctrine. It is called the "perseverance of the saints", and teaches something bery different than what people who attack "once saved always saved" say it does.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Sid Litke at bible.org sums it up fairly well for me under section III. Eternal Security:

Survey Of Bible Doctrine: Salvation

-Neopatriarch

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  375
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

senerhu,

If one believes that someone can lose their salvation, then they are essentially saying that Christ's sacrifice on the cross was not good enough. If you are born again your behavior shows that you are a part of Christs family. If you have salvation and you know you have it, you can never lose it...

In another forum I just learned an astounding concept from someone who also supports OSAS. This person also made this same statement and his explanation clarifies greatly why you make this statement. Because in all my life and in all the diffeerent discussions with proponents of OSAS this was never stated. I'm going to ask you a question regarding this concept.

Do you believe that when a person believes that He is given eternal life through faith?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

:20: Good answers! Heres my take on things. I believe there are many "christians" out there who are not saved. Many who claim to believe in Jesus and what He did but I believe that in their hearts they dont seem to truly believe. See, the Bible says that when someone truly accepts Christ as Lord and Savior then they put on Christ. Meaning if you truly believe you understand the sacrifice Christ made and so your life then becomes changed by Christ. You start to not do your will but your fathers will. So, I kinda believe in both sides. I do believe it is impossible for a person who is truly saved to lose their salvation, although they may fall at one time or another, they will still remember and repent. Once the death and resurrection has become fact in your life I don't belive its possible to completly regress to your old ways. But, if you havent put on Christ yet, please think about it intently even if you think you may be saved. You must be sure of it so that you can have eteranl salvation and a relationship with Jesus Christ. God bless. Your brother in Christ, matthew

Matthew 4:4,

You must be sure of it so that you can have eteranl salvation and a relationship with Jesus Christ. God bless. Your brother in Christ,

From the above statement I'm not sure you have answered the question I asked. You seem to infer that these are two separate events with the conjunction "and".

Since you also believe that someone cannot lose faith, thus salvation of our souls, you seem to be contradicting yourself, If I understand the poster that gave me the shock which is why he believed one could not lose his salvation.

Here is the question again: does faith grant eternal life?

• Content Count:  117
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

You must be sure of it so that you can have eteranl salvation and a relationship with Jesus Christ. God bless. Your brother in Christ,

From the above statement I'm not sure you have answered the question I asked. You seem to infer that these are two separate events with the conjunction "and".

Since you also believe that someone cannot lose faith, thus salvation of our souls, you seem to be contradicting yourself, If I understand the poster that gave me the shock which is why he believed one could not lose his salvation.

Here is the question again: does faith grant eternal life?

Sorry I wasnt very clear but yes I do believe faith grants eternal life. What I was trying to say is that if you truly believe in your heart then you are saved and in addition you want to follow the teachings of the Bible. After you come to believe Christ comes into your life and changes you. So a person who truly is saved won't end up losing salvation. We do fall time to time but God will not let anything take us away from Him. I hope thats more clear. Your brother in Christ, matthew

Sorry I wasnt very clear but yes I do believe faith grants eternal life. What I was trying to say is that if you truly believe in your heart then you are saved and in addition you want to follow the teachings of the Bible. After you come to believe Christ comes into your life and changes you. So a person who truly is saved won't end up losing salvation. We do fall time to time but God will not let anything take us away from Him. I hope thats more clear. Your brother in Christ, matthew

I would like to persue this topic with you. What leads you to believe that faith grants eternal life?

A corrollary question to that is, do you believe that all shall be raised in the last day to stand judgement?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  107
  • Birthday:  12/06/1990

Look at what I said about Judas Iscariot from a different topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look what god showed me while I was reading the bible!! I seriously think it's a possibility god wanted me to tell you this. In this verse, Jesus is praying about his disciples.

While I was with (the disciples) in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17 : 12 (NKJV)

...and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. Jesus said himself that Judas was lost, but only so the scripture would be fulfilled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judas was a disciple (he was saved), we all know that. Yet, Jesus said he was lost, he was the only disciple that didn't go to heaven. Why? Because he backslid.

Despite all that I've said, though, I beleive Paul in one of his letters said that we didn't need to worry about topics like this. As long as we were close to Jesus (had Jesus in our hearts), that's all we really needed to worry about. Don't let these debates confuse you and separate you from god as it did to me. I was confused, and I paid more attention to these debates, looking for answers, instead of paying attention to god (which was completely foolish of me!!).

Edited by Deathstar 80

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Look what god showed me while I was reading the bible!! I seriously think it's a possibility god wanted me to tell you this. In this verse, Jesus is praying about his disciples.

While I was with (the disciples) in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

...and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. Jesus said himself that Judas was lost, but only so the scripture would be fulfilled.

Judas was a disciple (he was saved), we all know that. Yet, Jesus said he was lost, he was the only disciple that didn't go to heaven. Why? Because he backslid.

Despite all that I've said, though, I beleive Paul in one of his letters said that we didn't need to worry about topics like this. As long as we were close to Jesus (had Jesus in our hearts), that's all we really needed to worry about. Don't let these debates confuse you and separate you from god as it did to me. I was confused, and I paid more attention to these debates, looking for answers, instead of paying attention to god (which was completely foolish of me!!).

he was never saved.

this is confirmed by the last thing Jesus said to Judas.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  107
  • Birthday:  12/06/1990

he was never saved.

this is confirmed by the last thing Jesus said to Judas.

If you wouldn't mind, please give me the book, chapter and verse for the part you're talking about. I understand, though, if you don't have the book, chapter, or verse for it. Usually, I don't know where the things are that I type about, but I do know it's in there.

And what about this?

21) Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my father in heaven 22) Many will say to me in that day 'lord, lord, have we not propecided in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23) And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Matthew 7:21-23

Edited by Deathstar 80