Guest ROBERT WELLS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was saved at age 8 and am still saved. I don't know how it works, but I have learned to

love Him better nearly everyday. And He has been with me through some really tough

times. I was eight around 1949 or so.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  375
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I was saved at age 8 and am still saved. I don't know how it works, but I have learned to

love Him better nearly everyday. And He has been with me through some really tough

Thank God for your steadfastness and faithfulness. You are living as scripture states we should as believers. The discussion may not apply to you, but that does not mean that you might not become unfaithful in the future. Can you guarantee that you will always remain faithful?

Massorite,

So tell me. Would you consider the suffering of eternal darkness a life thatis suffering in eternal darkness?
It matters not what kind of life it might be, blessed or torment. It is still life. A physical existance. God desires not to destroy any of His creatures. They bear His Image after all.

But to experience either heaven or hell, man must be alive. He was created to be a human beings, nothing else, and that is what he will exist as for eternity.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Thank God for your steadfastness and faithfulness. You are living as scripture states we should as believers. The discussion may not apply to you, but that does not mean that you might not become unfaithful in the future. Can you guarantee that you will always remain faithful?

Hi Thaddaeus,

Are you depending on Christ alone for you salvation or on Christ plus something else,if so what else are you depending on.

God who cannot lie has promised eternal live. :24: How do you loose eternal life? :24:

The promise is conditional. He didn't promise eternal life to everyone. I can give you a run down of behaviors the Bible says will keep a person from inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven, and there are so-called Christians that continually commit these sins. How do you explain how these people that will not inherit the Kingdom of God are eternally secure in the knowledge they will go to heaven? That would be a complete contradiction.

Just to show you what I am talking about, from 1 Corninthians 6:9,10 it says:

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

There are many people that can point to the time they were saved and claim to be Christians that commit these types of sins. Fornication is common in the church world today. It is also not uncommon to have people in the church going out partying and getting drunk. The Bible plainly states such behavior will keep us from our eternal inheritance.

Hi Butero,

Good ?. What about King David when he committed murder and adultery, if he died in the act whould he have gone to heaven. The Corinthians were called saints in chap. 1 and in chap. 5 they are called fornicators and one who had his fathers stepmom and he is treated as a christian.Sin for the christian doesn't change the truth your will always be a child of God but it does effect your fellowship with the father and their are serious consequences for sin in our lives.And if i can sin willfully without it bothering me i whould deffentlly check out to see if i'm truly saved.

EddieB, in order for a person to get saved, they must go through Christ. That is because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The penalty for sin is death, and Christ paid that penalty on the cross, so regardless of how someone believes with regard to unconditional eternal security, they usually acknowledge the need to accept Christ as their savior and realize that it is by grace they are saved. At the same time, if someone returns to a lifestyle of sin after getting saved, they will not remain saved. The blood atonement washed away all past sins, and also covers all unintentional sins committed after salvation, but does not cover future wilful sins. To simply believe one cannot continue in sin that grace may abound is not to believe one capable of working their way to heaven.

By the way, unless you are a Calvanist, you too are trusting in Christ plus something, your prayer to accept him as Lord and Savior. The only people who are truly trusting in Christ alone are those who believe we were chosen saved or lost before the foundation of the earth, because that is the only way in which we truly have no part in our salvation.

Hi Butero,

Last comment on this.

I disagree with you on this topic, God bless you.

Eddie B,

Are you depending on Christ alone for you salvation or on Christ plus something else,if so what else are you depending on.

It was He alone that saved me from the fall, from death, from destruction, from the condemnation of Adam. But He saved me, you and all other human beings to be able to freely fulfill our created mandate which is to work with Him.

As human beings, created in His Image, to be in communion with Him, we were meant to be working with Him. So my personal salvation is all about me working with God. It is He alone that made that possible. He restored me, then called me to repentance. I accepted His call, and now strive to live faithfully IN Him as He has commanded those that believe.

How about you? Do you think that God is going to do the work that He created you to do?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I never said that I was talking about the same eternal life that Jesus gives us. I was talking about a life eternal in judgment, darkness, torment, a place where those who rejected Jesus would burn forever, seperation from God, as well as a life eternal with Jesus. We know from the bible that the rich man after he died was/is in a place of burning because he stated that he was thirsty and in torments. So what is going to happen to him? We know from the book of Revelation that hell is cast into the lake of fire (the rich man will be among them who are in hell) where he will continue to burn and there is nothing in the bible that says that God ever puts out or quenches the lake of fire.

Read 2 Peter chapter 2. You will find that those who fit the discription of ch.2 will suffer darkness "for ever" which also means "an eternity"

So tell me. Would you consider the suffering of eternal darkness a life thatis suffering in eternal darkness? If you don't consider it a life what do you think it is when one suffers for ever/eternally? I guess I should have made myself more clear.

Be BLessed.

The point that I have been referring to is that the state that unrepentant man is in for eternity is NEVER referred to as Life. It is referred to as Death. When Adam sinned he died, in the day he sinned he died. He was separated from God. Life on the other hand is ALWAYS connected to God, the Father, the Spirit, and Jesus.

This idea that sinners are ALIVE in the lake of fire is just not in the Bible. They are DEAD in the lake of fire.

LT

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thaddaeus, Please don't take this as a smart answer, for I mean it from my heart..

"It is the set of my sail and not the gail' that determines which way I go. I try and

stay constant with Jesus, when I fail He draws me back. I am more content now in

my salvation that I have ever been. I have searched my life and my decision for Christ

just to make sure that I am covered by the blood. There are times that I wonder or

have a question about things, especially reading the questions people ask on these

boards..lol... . I wondered about tongues,about fallen angles, about Enoch..(these just

recently.) I read my Bible, but I also read with J Vernon McGee. He has been a true teacher

to me for many years. His faith and love for Christ have been a comfort to me.

I have told Jesus what a coward I am, and I pray I never go through awful persecution

as some have, I wonder about that. Seeing my loved ones suffer, especially my

grand children..You ask, and that is one area I pray for in my life. If I ever need it

I trust that He will be sufficient for me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

God bless you corriee,

It is good to know that these things are written that we might KNOW we have eteranl life. And that He is able to KEEP that which we have entrusted unto Him against that day.

LT