Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

It really amazes me how people get all heated up about eavesdropping and the supposed violation of their privacy, what privacy?

The Lord not only records our every word (and keeps it safe) He also knows our thoughts before we think them.

How’s that for invasion of privacy?

The carnal mind will hate this, the spiritual mind will embrace and love it because in it he shall see the means of righteous judgment.

Grace & truth, H.

There is a difference between the Lord and Big Brother, however your point is well taken. Face it, the more you expose yourself to technology, the less "privacy" you will have. But this story is much ado about nothing, IMO.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

It really amazes me how people get all heated up about eavesdropping and the supposed violation of their privacy, what privacy?

The Lord not only records our every word (and keeps it safe) He also knows our thoughts before we think them.

How

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/05/1967

If they were listening to anybody and everybody, then I might object over the principle of the thing. Even though I have nothing to hide.

Now these wiretaps are only on overseas calls from America to known terrorist. This does not bother me at all. I think that they need to be monitored.

I would rather these calls be monitored than to take a chance at being bombed again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

I would rather these calls be monitored than to take a chance at being bombed again.
I'll add that I think any and all calls should be monitored to weed out any possible homegrown threats also.

Privacy advocates hide conveniently behind this "big brother" argument, but honestly, I am not saying anything on my phones that I need to hide from anyone...are you?

If they listened to more conversations maybe we'd have a few less Columbines, Lancaster PA "Amish", Oklahoma City, etc etc etc , type incidents.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

If they were listening to anybody and everybody, then I might object over the principle of the thing. Even though I have nothing to hide.

Now these wiretaps are only ls only on overseas calls from America to known terrorist. This does not bother me at all. I think that they need to be monitored.

Please, "NOTHING TO HIDE", I absolutely "see red"when I read that and realise that somebody has written it with a straight face. It is the most ridiculous statement ever. You really must get away from that mentality and realise that you don't have to account to the government for everything you do, they have to account to you!

Gee, I know I DO HAVE something to hide,

it is called "privacy".

Anyway, to get to your other point: If these wiretaps are truly ONLY on overseas calls from America to known terrorists. The government should have no trouble at all getting a warrant to intercept and eavesdrop. The legislation, unfortunately, doesn't limited eavesdropping to "overseas calls etc." If this was ONLY what the government wanted, the legislation would say so.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The wiretapping is so wrong, on every level. There is no doubt about it. When we take our personal freedoms for granted we all lose. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just because some says they are Chrsitan doesn't mean that they can't do wrong or evil, just look at the Bible. :emot-highfive:

Now these wiretaps are only ls only on overseas calls from America to known terrorist. This does not bother me at all. I think that they need to be monitored.

Please, "NOTHING TO HIDE", I absolutely "see red"when I read that and realize that somebody has written it with a straight face. It is the most ridiculous statement ever. You really must get away from that mentality and realize that you don't have to account to the government for everything you do, they have to account to you!

Gee, I know I DO HAVE something to hide,

it is called "privacy".

Anyway, to get to your other point: If these wiretaps are truly ONLY on overseas calls from America to known terrorists. The government should have no trouble at all getting a warrant to intercept and eavesdrop. The legislation, unfortunately, doesn't limited eavesdropping to "overseas calls etc." If this was ONLY what the government wanted, the legislation would say so.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

quote buckthesystem: "government should have no trouble at all getting a warrant to intercept and eavesdrop."

How long do typical conversations last? Especially with international long distance rates? It would take more time to write up the warrant, fax it, have a judge review it, sign it and fax it back, than the conversation would last.

You can't work that way. Besides, why in the world is an American having a conversation with an international terrorist? That is suspicious enough to warrant anyone's attention. Any American that chooses to associate with a known terrorist, is a traitor and needs to be watched very closely. This American could be in a terrorist cell and receiving orders to carry out the next attack.

We all have to sacrifice a little when our country is at war. Ask the WWII generation. They sacrificed eating meat and driving vehicles, so our soldiers could receive food and supplies and fuel to support the allied forces.

Look what's going on nowadays in America, SUV's are still the best sold vehicles in America. Our country is lacking humility, which is an important virtue we are losing. Me, Me, Me, Now, Now, Now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

Besides, why in the world is an American having a conversation with an international terrorist? That is suspicious enough to warrant anyone's attention. Any American that chooses to associate with a known terrorist, is a traitor and needs to be watched very closely.

Then shot.

:21:

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Now these wiretaps are only on overseas calls from America to known terrorist. This does not bother me at all. I think that they need to be monitored.

I used to work at NSA, back under Clinton. These things have never just been overseas.