• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

According to the Muslim religion, they are to kill anyone that is not Muslim. Christianity never teaches that we are to kill anyone. Under the law of Moses, Israel's laws were based on the law of Moses which carried penalties for certain types of sinful behavior. In some cases, that included a death penalty. In Christianity, while the same behaviors (witchcraft, idolatry, adultery, etc.) are sinful, we are never told we must kill those who do such things. Each government establishes what behavior is unlawful and sets their own penalites based on what the public or the dictator desires. There is a huge difference in the Muslim religion and it's call for the murder of all non-muslims and the Christian religion.

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. -- Jesus Christ

Biblical Intolerance

Exodus 22:18 "You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

Leviticus 20:27 "A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."

These verses promote violence and murder against witches or people accused of being witches.

Exodus 22:20 "Whoever sacrifices to any god, save to the LORD only, shall be utterly destroyed.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

6: "If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,' which neither you nor your fathers have known,

7: some of the gods of the peoples that are round about you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other,

8: you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him;

9: but you shall kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10: You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Deuteronomy 13:12-16

12: "If you hear in one of your cities, which the LORD your God gives you to dwell there,

13: that certain base fellows have gone out among you and have drawn away the inhabitants of the city, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known,

14: then you shall inquire and make search and ask diligently; and behold, if it be true and certain that such an abominable thing has been done among you,

15: you shall surely put the inhabitants of that city to the sword, destroying it utterly, all who are in it and its cattle, with the edge of the sword.

16: You shall gather all its spoil into the midst of its open square, and burn the city and all its spoil with fire, as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God; it shall be a heap for ever, it shall not be built again.

Deuteronomy 17:2-7

2: "If there is found among you, within any of your towns which the LORD your God gives you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant,

3: and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden,

4: and it is told you and you hear of it; then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abominable thing has been done in Israel,

5: then you shall bring forth to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones.

6: On the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses he that is to die shall be put to death; a person shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness.

7: The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from the midst of you.

Deuteronomy 17:12-13

12: The man who acts presumptuously, by not obeying the priest who stands to minister there before the LORD your God, or the judge, that man shall die; so you shall purge the evil from Israel.

13: And all the people shall hear, and fear, and not act presumptuously again.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.'

New Testament Religious Intolerance

Mark 6:11 And if any place will not receive you and they refuse to hear you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet for a testimony against them."

Jude 5: Now I desire to remind you, though you were once for all fully informed, that he who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, men who will not acknowledge the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh; such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Hebrews 3:12 Take care, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

Villification of Jews for not accepting the story of Jesus as Messiah

Revelation 2:9 "`I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie -- behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

2 John 1:10 If any one comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into the house or give him any greeting;

Romans 16:17-18

17: I appeal to you, brethren, to take note of those who create dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine which you have been taught; avoid them.

18: For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering words they deceive the hearts of the simple-minded.

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ.

Romans 8:33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies; (I guess we Christians can't be accused of wrongdoing but everybody else can??)

Luke 19:27 (Jesus said this in a parable but if you read the parable in it's entirety it's pretty obvious he's talking about people serving him and he speaks 19:27 favorably.)

John 15:6 If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. (I read somewhere that this verse was used as justification for burning unbelievers during the Inquisition).

Matthew 10:32-38

32: So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven;

33: but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

34: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35: For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;

36: and a man's foes will be those of his own household.

37: He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

38: and he who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

All of these verses indicate that no tolerance is to be shown to non-Christians even if that person is a member of one's own family.

You have got to be kidding. This above is why Christians are hated. All of your OT verses, these were laws for Israel and have nothing to do with us. The NT case above just means the belief in Christ will bring trouble and hatred in families. Show me other than the Pharisees and ruling class or in cleaning the temple WHERE Jesus was anything but loving and gracious to the sinners, the tax collectors and prostitutes. Those that used the laws as a weapon against people were the ones that Jesus called vipers. He also said he desired MERCY not sacrifice.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

According to the Muslim religion, they are to kill anyone that is not Muslim. Christianity never teaches that we are to kill anyone. Under the law of Moses, Israel's laws were based on the law of Moses which carried penalties for certain types of sinful behavior. In some cases, that included a death penalty. In Christianity, while the same behaviors (witchcraft, idolatry, adultery, etc.) are sinful, we are never told we must kill those who do such things. Each government establishes what behavior is unlawful and sets their own penalites based on what the public or the dictator desires. There is a huge difference in the Muslim religion and it's call for the murder of all non-muslims and the Christian religion.

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. -- Jesus Christ

Biblical Intolerance

Exodus 22:18 "You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

Leviticus 20:27 "A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."

These verses promote violence and murder against witches or people accused of being witches.

Exodus 22:20 "Whoever sacrifices to any god, save to the LORD only, shall be utterly destroyed.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

6: "If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,' which neither you nor your fathers have known,

7: some of the gods of the peoples that are round about you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other,

8: you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him;

9: but you shall kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10: You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Deuteronomy 13:12-16

12: "If you hear in one of your cities, which the LORD your God gives you to dwell there,

13: that certain base fellows have gone out among you and have drawn away the inhabitants of the city, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known,

14: then you shall inquire and make search and ask diligently; and behold, if it be true and certain that such an abominable thing has been done among you,

15: you shall surely put the inhabitants of that city to the sword, destroying it utterly, all who are in it and its cattle, with the edge of the sword.

16: You shall gather all its spoil into the midst of its open square, and burn the city and all its spoil with fire, as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God; it shall be a heap for ever, it shall not be built again.

Deuteronomy 17:2-7

2: "If there is found among you, within any of your towns which the LORD your God gives you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant,

3: and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden,

4: and it is told you and you hear of it; then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abominable thing has been done in Israel,

5: then you shall bring forth to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones.

6: On the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses he that is to die shall be put to death; a person shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness.

7: The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from the midst of you.

Deuteronomy 17:12-13

12: The man who acts presumptuously, by not obeying the priest who stands to minister there before the LORD your God, or the judge, that man shall die; so you shall purge the evil from Israel.

13: And all the people shall hear, and fear, and not act presumptuously again.

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.'

New Testament Religious Intolerance

Mark 6:11 And if any place will not receive you and they refuse to hear you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet for a testimony against them."

Jude 5: Now I desire to remind you, though you were once for all fully informed, that he who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, men who will not acknowledge the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh; such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Hebrews 3:12 Take care, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

Villification of Jews for not accepting the story of Jesus as Messiah

Revelation 2:9 "`I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie -- behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

2 John 1:10 If any one comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into the house or give him any greeting;

Romans 16:17-18

17: I appeal to you, brethren, to take note of those who create dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine which you have been taught; avoid them.

18: For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering words they deceive the hearts of the simple-minded.

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ.

Romans 8:33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies; (I guess we Christians can't be accused of wrongdoing but everybody else can??)

Luke 19:27 (Jesus said this in a parable but if you read the parable in it's entirety it's pretty obvious he's talking about people serving him and he speaks 19:27 favorably.)

John 15:6 If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. (I read somewhere that this verse was used as justification for burning unbelievers during the Inquisition).

Matthew 10:32-38

32: So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven;

33: but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

34: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35: For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;

36: and a man's foes will be those of his own household.

37: He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

38: and he who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

All of these verses indicate that no tolerance is to be shown to non-Christians even if that person is a member of one's own family.

You have got to be kidding. This above is why Christians are hated. All of your OT verses, these were laws for Israel and have nothing to do with us. The NT case above just means the belief in Christ will bring trouble and hatred in families. Show me other than the Pharisees and ruling class or in cleaning the temple WHERE Jesus was anything but loving and gracious to the sinners, the tax collectors and prostitutes. Those that used the laws as a weapon against people were the ones that Jesus called vipers. He also said he desired MERCY not sacrifice.

So, which OT verses do you use and accept as relevant to our present day? Do you pick and choose which ones you'll quote depending on the issue you are promoting? I'm just quoting the bible; not writing it myself.

Don't you think that there are many Pharisees today that use the Bible as a weapon? I do. Here's a few examples:

"(W)hile it is true that the United States of America was founded on the sacred principle of religious freedom for all, that liberty was never intended to exalt other religions to the level that Christianity holds in our country's heritage. Our Founders expected that Christianity -- and no other religion -- would receive support from the government as long as that support did not violate peoples' consciences and their right to worship. They would have found utterly incredible the idea that all religions, including paganism, be treated with equal deference. As for our Hindu priest friend, the United States is a nation that has historically honored the one true God. Woe be to us on that day when we relegate him to being merely one among countless other deities in the pantheon of theologies."

--Family Research Council, Culture Facts newsletter 9/21/2000, commenting on a Hindu priest giving the opening prayer in the House of Representatives

"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism."

--Randall Terry, The News Sentinel, (Ft. Wayne, IN.), 8/16/93

"We are to make Bible-obeying disciples of anybody that gets in our way."

--Jay Grimstead, February 1987

"Nobody has the right to worship on this planet any other God than Jehovah. And therefore the state does not have the responsibility to defend anybody's pseudo-right to worship an idol."

--Rev. Joseph Morecraft, Chalcedon Presbyterian Church, "Biblical Role of Civil Government" speech given 8/31/93 at Biblical Worldview and Christian Education Conference

"This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians."

--Gary North, Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989), p. 102

"A cult is any group that has a form of godliness, but does not recognize Jesus Christ as the unique son of God."....."One test of a cult is that it often does not strictly teach that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God who HImself is God manifested in the flesh."......"Christian-oriented cults include the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), the Worldwide Church of God, Christian Science, Unity, Unitarianism, The Way International, Rosicrucian Society of America, Bahai, Hare Krishna, Scientology, the Unification Church, and the Jehovah's Witnesses."

--CBN pamphlet "Cults," 1992

"When the Christian majority takes over this country, there will be no satanic churches, no more free distribution of pornography, no more talk of rights for homosexuals. After the Christian majority takes control, pluralism will be seen as immoral and evil and the state will not permit anybody the right to practice evil."

--Gary Potter, president of Catholics for Christian Political Action

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

--Jerry Falwell

"What this is coming down to is who runs the country. It's us against them. It's the good guys versus the bad guys. It's the God-fearing people against the pagans, and some of the pagans are going to church."

--Randall Terry, Operation Rescue, speech in Jackson, Miss., 4/92,

"The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church's public marks of the covenant--baptism and holy communion--must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel."

-- Gary North - Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism, Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989, p. 87

"There should be absolutely no 'Separation of Church and State' in America."

--David Barton, president of Wallbuilders, 1994 Anti-Defamation League Report

"Most politically active Christians don't want equal time with homosexuals, abortionists, animal worshipping pagans, witches, radical feminists and pornographers. We want them silenced and mercifully disciplined according to the word of God."

--Jay Rogers reviewing Ralph Reed's Politically Incorrect in "Chalcedon Report," 2/95

"So let us be blunt about it: We must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain independence for Christian schools until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality, no neutral law, no neutral education, and no neutral civil government. Then they will be get busy in constructing a Bible-based social, political and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God."

--Gary North, "The Intellectual Schizophrenia of the New Christian Right" in Christianity and Civilization: The Failure of the American Baptist Culture, No. 1 (Spring, 1982), p. 25

"The judges need to be intimidated, they need to uphold the Constitution. If they don't behave, we're going to go after them in a big way."

--House Majority Whip Rep. Tom DeLay, The Washington Post

"The god of Judaism is the devil. The Jew will not be recognized by God as one of His chosen people until he abandons his demonic religion and returns to the faith of his fathers--the faith which embraces Jesus Christ and His Gospel. "

--David Chilton, The Days of Vengeance: An Exposition of the Book of Revelation (Ft. Worth, TX: Dominion Press, 1984), p. 127

"The Church doesn't believe in book-burning, but it believes in restricting the use of dangerous books among those whose minds are unprepared for them."

--Francis J. Lally, American Roman Catholic Monsignor, Mike Wallace Interview, Fund for the Republic, 1958

"The Church has through the centuries, understood that ideas are really more dangerous than other weapons. Their use should be restricted."

--Francis J. Lally, American Roman Catholic Monsignor, Mike Wallace Interview, Fund for the Republic, 1958]

"When I, or people like me, are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you, we will try you, and we'll execute you. I mean every word of it. I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed."

--Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue, speaking of doctors who perform abortions, in an address to the U.S. Taxpayers Alliance, 8/08/95

I would say quotes by "Christian leaders" is what makes even other Christians (remember we're the majority) uneasy. Muslim extremists use the Koran the same way.

BTW Butero -- I started compiling those verses on my own when I began an extensive bible study 5 or 6 years ago. I thought I knew the bible but to my surprise I didn't know those verses were in there until I started reading it from start to finish without a Sunday school teacher or a pastor telling me which verses to read....sidestepping the uncomfortable ones.

But, even if those are on an anti-evangelical site somewhere they are straight from the Bible and villifying someone for quoting them isn't going to change that nor will it change the FACT that in our history those verses (including the NT ones I quoted) have been used to hurt and kill people.....mostly Christian women.

Butero, you, of all people, are not in a position to be calling ANYONE else on this board ignorant.

Here's a thought, perhaps you are just wrong about many things but are so ignorant yourself that that possibility has never entered your mind.

I've taken nothing out of context; that would be your department.

btw - I do put headers above verses and topics when I'm doing research that I intend to keep for future reference; I like organization; I like to keep my thoughts in order. It's my own compliation of bible verses according to topic; you can open you bible and verify each and every one. I did come across the other quotes by "Christian leaders" sporatically at different sites which I also saved in a folder as I came by them over the course of a few years. -- It's interesting that you call quoting the Bible an attack; you must find something unsavory about those verses yourself.

Edited by anti-hillbilly

Those verses allow for no tolerance of other belief systems; they speak for themselves.

I don't support killing people who are non-Christian or just not the "right kind of Christian" which is usually the case where our history is concerned.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Those verses allow for no tolerance of other belief systems; they speak for themselves.

I don't support killing people who are non-Christian or just not the "right kind of Christian" which is usually the case where our history is concerned.

Depends on what you mean by "tolerance".

The verses you gave in no way direct Christians to kill anyone.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/11/1964

Butero ~ I agree with you on most of your responses to AH's quotes. Great job calling evil what it is. :)

Great discussion from a small example of left-wing extremism... This was about the Rosie comments, remember?

I love some of these responses to the radical X'y discussion! Wow, some great thinkers here. Please follow up and post on this at Kingdom Life.

There is also a good discussion on "tolerance."

Thanks for coming over for a while! :b:

Edited by HGPgal

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Bill O'Reilly will be on The View tomorrow (Wednesday Oct. 18). If I didn't have to be at work so early, I'd probably watch it.

B-T-W, did you know that 1 Supreme Court Justice's vote represents over 40 million Americans? Saddam Hussein wielded less influence over his population of roughly 25 million Iraqis.

Edited by JustinM

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

So we have one liberal that demonizes us for joking about using a cattle prod on rosie if she got out of line during O'Reilly's appearance on ABC's The View and another that has tried to hijack this thread. Which was about Rosie and what she said. We were talking about her idiotology not Christian Indoctrination and Philosophy.

Edited by JustinM

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Well maybe she will run into a radical islamic group bent on her distruction and she would have wished it was a christian bring her the goodnews of Jesus Christ!!