IGNORED

Hardcore Christian Music, whats your opinion on it?

Joshua-777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Stryper used to be really good.

Guest lovinghim4ever
I have heard and seen many negative and postitive views on Christian Music in the catagorys of Punk ROck, Hardcore, Death Metal, even Rock. I have heard that God cant be "glorified with screaming music" Now, My question to you.

How do you view it? Is God pleased with these styles of music?

:rolleyes: I believe God is always pleased when we get HIS message out to the world. I also believe He can be glorified through any style of music if the music doesn't override the message. Sometimes the music is so wild and loud that it drowns out the message. That's when I believe God is not glorified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I have heard and seen many negative and postitive views on Christian Music in the catagorys of Punk ROck, Hardcore, Death Metal, even Rock. I have heard that God cant be "glorified with screaming music" Now, My question to you.

How do you view it? Is God pleased with these styles of music?

:laugh: I believe God is always pleased when we get HIS message out to the world. I also believe He can be glorified through any style of music if the music doesn't override the message. Sometimes the music is so wild and loud that it drowns out the message. That's when I believe God is not glorified.

See, the message isn't drowned out for those of us who actually like listening this way. :wub:

Guest lovinghim4ever
See, the message isn't drowned out for those of us who actually like listening this way. :wub:

Excellent Point! :laugh:

Edited by lovinghim4ever

Those That Rejoyce!

It is astounding to me see a little of the workings of Our Savior as He is adding to His Church daily.

I'm 60+ years old and naturally enjoy classicial music and non-vocial jazz. However (But God!), I've had my ears and heart opened in the last few months to some of work His musical missionaries are involved in and the different musical languages they use in His Ministry.

On a late Saturday evening here in Fresno, CA, I connected to The Bridge, an East Coast radio station, to hear what those folks were up to. Oh no! Rap!

My ears closed up automatically on the first sounds until words about the battle between the spirit and the flesh got through. Hey, that's me! Then, for the next two hours, I was filled with tears and joy for the Love Jesus has for me and for the lost, for His Love that He would raise up His messengers to reach out to the rap world with His Word. Wow! Knocked my socks off! This music, I've found out, is called Holy Hip Hop. And, yes, after the first few words. I heard every word in the songs!

So, to answer the question "Is there such a thing as too hard Christian music?", I should not dare judge another man's servant but, if I should, The Holy Spirit is faithful to break my heart for the lost and to cause my heart to make melody to Jesus. I give thanks daily to Him who raises up His faithful ministers of The Good News.

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Glad Tidings Of Good Things!"

Love, Joe

Man says.

{God is not pleased.}

God says.

"And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear."

(Exodus 32:18 )

So, maybe, hard Christian noise (Music) is in The Word? I know I've heard hard "noise" from the pulpit and it still blessed me because The Word pierced my hard heart.

God says.

"Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him."

"A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation."

(Psalm 68:4-5 )

Maybe it makes all the difference Who the singing praises?

God says.

"Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth."

(1 Chronicles 16:33 )

Talk about Woodwinds! Even the trees will sing!

I love praise and worship music....I even write some myself. :thumbsup:

I've heard the best of the best and love it all..

However...the one band that excites me most when it comes to christian music for evangelization is P.O.D.

It's easy to proclaim Jesus in a church or on christian radio. Try doing that when you are opening for Ozzy Ozborn or on MTV. They are perhaps the strongest and boldest musicianaries alive today.

I love them. They are hard. They are real.

They get arrows in their backs from legalistic pinheads all the time. Doesn't even slow them down...

Hallelujah!

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

It is not Christian at all.

God is not pleased.

Christians should avoid it at all costs.

Throw away what you have of it.... burn it even.

Sad, I feel God can use any type of music, cause I've seen that he has.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Man says.

{God is not pleased.}

God says.

"And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear."

(Exodus 32:18 )

So, maybe, hard Christian noise (Music) is in The Word? I know I've heard hard "noise" from the pulpit and it still blessed me because The Word pierced my hard heart.

God says.

"Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him."

"A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation."

(Psalm 68:4-5 )

Maybe it makes all the difference Who the singing praises?

God says.

"Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth."

(1 Chronicles 16:33 )

Talk about Woodwinds! Even the trees will sing!

Amen, Amen, awesome post

Guest willing servant
It is not Christian at all.

God is not pleased.

Christians should avoid it at all costs.

Throw away what you have of it.... burn it even.

NO. you cant be sure of that.. This post should read.. I am not pleased. I will avoid it at all costs. I will throw it away or burn it... This is your opinion not gods. How do i know, I am 38 and because I have been a christian growing in faith for some 14 years and god has not once drawn issue with me on it...

I love jesus christ, I love the father and I love listening to all forms of music that has to do with christ. It gives me variety. There used to be a group that would throw bibles, the new testament into the audience after every concert, then pray with convertees after every concert. Were they not acting in the best interests of god....

No no mr Jacobson, the opinion is not gods but yours. How do I know. There is no scriptual evidence as to what you say is the truth. Be a christian or a music critic or a christian music critic. But don't you dare utter the words I know gods opinion without biblical backing.

Edited by willing servant