• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

thank you LadyRaven...now I see the importance and the will of God.

NP. I don't get all whacked out if I'm between churches for a while though, and the OP shouldn't feel pressured to just jump into a church in fear of being in sin. My family moves alot and sometimes, like this last one, I was without a church for almost a year because it took a while to find the right one. I don't think I was out of God's will for not having one for that time because i was actively looking...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I attend a church where the gifts of the spirit operate so I can certainly understand why you would want to attend. We came from another denomination so there were some things that we prayed about, studied the Bible, and the Holy Spirit led us. Usually worship is awesome in these type of churches and that's the reason why we're there - to worship the Lord.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

I've been struggling for some time about which Church to join. For years I've wanted to move from this area, but found it difficult to find a career in other locations. Now so much time has pasted, I should have just found one and joined it. Most of the time I really want to leave this area, but sometimes I don't. Maybe that's fear holding me back from change. Don't know, but I know this. I believe there is something out there I'm suppose to be doing and not sure what that is. Anyway, The problem I face now about Churches is, I've bounced around so many different ones and not sure what to do. One thing that bothers me is how different Churches feel different about the gifts of the Spirit. I know this is a touchy subject, but it is a hindering factor. Especially coming from a denomination that didn't teach a lot about these gifts still being active today. And when I go to a Church that does teach they still do, I want to be a part of that. But not completely comfortable about it.

So how do I know what to do, especially after much prayer.

There is only ONE CHURCH, that has Jesus Christ as it's head, not some man or organization. Having tried a number of 'churches' it was found each of them differ on doctrine, teach different things and have varying interpretations of Scripture

As mentoioned by another, after 20 years and quite a number of 'churches' this writer now gets ministry from fellowship with a few brethren of like mind, the Bible and dependence on GOD'S Spirit

Considering the number of instructions in the Bible for GOD's children to be like-minded, having ONE FAITH, ONE LORD and SAVIOUR, it is very difficult to see why we have over 2,000 denominations, all claiming to represent CHRIST, but never able to agree on the WORD

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?