How Do You Handle Tele-Marketers?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I don't have much patients with them, and I will just hang up. I even dislike went ministries call for a donation. I don't want to be rude to them, but, they got nerve. :37:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Just say: "I'm sorry, I have to..... (Fill In The Blank...'check the oven', 'turn off the dryer', whatever.....) could you hold for just a moment?" Then thank them, put the phone down, and go watch TV for at least 20 minutes! :37:

Guest lovinghim4ever
I don't have much patients with them, and I will just hang up. I even dislike went ministries call for a donation. I don't want to be rude to them, but, they got nerve. :37:

Try this website. I registered my number with the Do Not Call Registry, and I don't get those calls much anymore.

https://www.donotcall.gov

I hope this helps.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

I don't have much patients with them, and I will just hang up. I even dislike went ministries call for a donation. I don't want to be rude to them, but, they got nerve. :thumbsup:

Try this website. I registered my number with the Do Not Call Registry, and I don't get those calls much anymore.

https://www.donotcall.gov

I hope this helps.

Good information. Thank you.

However I would like to point out something about telemarketing phone calls. It provides you with the opportunity to tell the caller about Jesus! And more often than not, they will not call you anymore. But you may very well get added to another "phone list" where the Christian is literally "tracked" by the powers that be. Conspiracy? Sure ... it's the way it is. The point I'm making is we should use every opportunity to share the Gospel.

:37: I must admit though ... I've been guilty of being rather rude to some of the telemarketers that have called me. Hmmmmmm ... this is a thought ... use the call as an opportunity to witness ...

:laugh: I'll have to give some thought to that. (I learn things as I go ...)

Peace.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Ooooooooh, that's an easy one.....

I ask them if I can have THEIR number, so that I can call THEM at their most inconvenient time. Then I smash the phone down as hard as I possibly can about five times in row or until the receiver is left in approximately six to ten different shattered pieces with wires hanging out all over the place....

Well, that is how I play it out in my mind anyhow...!

Seriously I just say no thanks really quickly and tell them to have a nice day and hang up...

Im sure they have ALL heard the name of Jesus in their phone conversations..I sincerely doubt that it had anything to do with the gospel though...

Regards,

Ben.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Oh yeah very funny, these people sometimes work from home and have to pay their own bills, they also have a family to support and maybe morgage payments.Hahaha?
Your right! I know that they are just working stiffs and trying to dig out a living, with no higher education and no skills, with bills every month, making 6 or 7 dollars a hour. It is really the tele-marketing companies whom we should be any with.

What about those campaign calls from canidates.

Like it or not, whether it is "big brother" (gov.), or trackers, hackers, adware, spyware, or whatever, we don't have the privacy we once enjoyed.

Oh well !

Edited by Monarchy

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hey Truster: Get a grip!

Being paid to bother people is NOT A REAL JOB! Every telemarketer needs to get a true, productive job, and become a valued member of society, not just a nuisance who bothers us.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

1. If possible, get an unlisted phone number. It'll cut their legs off everytime! Give it only to personal (and church) friends;

2. Make sure you have a Caller I.D. on your phone. Don't respond to "Unknown Caller" displays. Why should THEY remain "unknown" when YOU'RE clearly identified?;

3. Ask the tele-marketer for his/her LAST name! It'll drive them crazy. They'll probably say, "We're not supposed to give it out." Ask them, "Why? Are you ashamed of it? Have you something to hide? You know MY full name; I'd appreciate knowing YOURS before we talk";

4. I read about one individual who always says to the tele-marketer, "Hey, that sounds like a fantastic product you're selling! Do you mind holding a second?" Then softly putting the receiver down alongside the phone - and not returning for about twenty minutes!! "Hail, Captain Congenial!" He said it drives them plain bonkers in thinking they HAVE a "real, live sucker" on the line which precludes, of course, the tele-marketer's ever hanging up!

5. Another individual wrote that he changes his voice to sound like a phone operator who says, quite majestically: "This is a recording: I regret to inform you that this call has been charged with an automatic $50.00 Connection Fee for your residential phone number which cannot be rescinded. It will appear on your next Bell phone bill. Thank you so much. Goodby."

6. Play a special "Humphrey Bogart" (speaking) or "Mario Lanza" (singing) cassette tape on which the performer thanks them for their call & explains that there's no one home at the present and could they possibly phone back next year at the same time? These special tapes are widely advertised for sale;

7. There are also "WILD SOUND" cassettes available which offer a multiplicity of noises - thunder, truck backing-up, machine-gun fire, loud screaming, etc. It'll help "make their day," might it not?

8. Simply tell the lady tele-marketer that you're a MARRIED man not interested in any way in secret dates or supper engagements!" And sound very antagonistic. Why revel in the minutiae? Right on!

9. Sing a Christmas Carol to them. "Good King Wenceslas" works well here. All four verses. Or tell them, "Stop the war! Stop the occupation of Lower Slobovia! Stop drilling in Anwr! Stop driving thru Lower Pennington! This should throw them off slightly;

10. BUY their product...if you're really crazy and wish to be hosed. Au revoir, tout le monde!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Arthur :emot-heartbeat: you have WAY to much time on your hands! :emot-heartbeat:

i'm registered with donotcall.gov. most telemarketing calls i get these days are from those who are exempt from the list. if there is an option to remove myself from their calling list (usually a 'press 9' after listening to the other 8 options) i do so. if i instead get a live person, i verbally ask them to remove me.

on one occasion i got a telemarketer from a local carpet cleaning service. the message was recorded, did not have an option to remove yourself from the list, and left a number to call if you were interested in the offer. oh boy, did i call! and i gave the guy an earful about the donotcall list. he apologized and said it was a new business and he had not yet received the list from the government and was expecting it any day. i warned him that if he continued making calls prior to getting that list, he was opening himself up to a lawsuit. (i'd already threatened him with one myself.)

he removed me from the list, and i'd be willing to bet that he ceased placing any calls until the official list came in his mail.