• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

LadyRaven...well said indeed. Seriously, guys, there's a lot of wisdom in that post.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

And really, unless such a couple is engaged, I really don't see how they could be intimate enough to be there alone at night

Even engaged couples are not married and need to behave in a manner that is above reproach. Avoiding the appearance of evil is appropriate, as we are responsible for the messages we send with our behaviour. If others believe we sin, then we sin in causing them to believe that.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Colossians 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.(NIV)

Romans 13:13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. (NIV)

Just from these three verses (and there are many more verses if you need more!) it is quite clear what an affront sexual immorality is to God. I know you are saying that you're not interested in sexual intimacy, but come on, what do you think being in the same bed with someone is going to lead to? What you're asking is akin to an alcoholic asking can he go to the bar and not drink! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

And really, unless such a couple is engaged, I really don't see how they could be intimate enough to be there alone at night

Even engaged couples are not married and need to behave in a manner that is above reproach. Avoiding the appearance of evil is appropriate, as we are responsible for the messages we send with our behaviour. If others believe we sin, then we sin in causing them to believe that.

I didn't mean in bed hun, I just meant, alone, like watching tv....

I never go into a dudes house and unless my kids are up, no guy comes in mine unless we're to the point that we're engaged. Of course I also have an odd view of what engagement is, it's not the common one.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I never go into a dudes house and unless my kids are up, no guy comes in mine unless we're to the point that we're engaged. Of course I also have an odd view of what engagement is, it's not the common one.

I don't mean to be critical- but I think it's okay for a couple to spend time alone together as long as they both know what is "crossing the line". If you are both convicted in your belief, this should not be an issue.

However, when children are in the picture I entirely agree with you LadyRaven. Children don't understand the concept of "dating". This "dating" can be really confusing and scary for them. But for childless couples, i think it's alright as long as you're both on the same page.

Blessings,

Sierra

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Is it ok for a boyfriend and girlfriend to sleep in the same bed at night? Not having sex, but just sharing a bed. I've searched the internet for a while but I'm not able to find the answer.

Jacob, you have asked a question and have had all the correct answers.......So give it a miss, brother, sooner or later the 'urge' will develop and you will feel so ashamed. I'm speaking from experience.

I don't mean to be critical- but I think it's okay for a couple to spend time alone together as long as they both know what is "crossing the line". If you are both convicted in your belief, this should not be an issue.

However, when children are in the picture I entirely agree with you LadyRaven. Children don't understand the concept of "dating". This "dating" can be really confusing and scary for them. But for childless couples, i think it's alright as long as you're both on the same page.

Blessings,

Sierra

See here is the thing, I don't believe in dating. I believe in courtship...which means picking your mate from amongst your close friends. You don't pair off until you are ready to be engaged. SInce you are not paired off, you really have no right to be alone with the other person after other people are supposed to be in bed...(I was raised that the home was for family and close close friends, others you met in public or had outside gatherings with also. Acquaintances you weren't close with might come to a group event inside, but not one on one...and this includes female friends, so if you get an invitation into my house for anything other than a group event consider yourself a very special person to me) Until then, you are simply friends.

And I believe the notion that engagement, biblically is more than just saying "I want to get married to you" it's the commitment, privately, that marriage is publically...without the sex. IOW, if you cheat while you are engaged, its adultury, not fornication and if you leave someone you are engaged to, it's the same as a divorce.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

And I believe the notion that engagement, biblically is more than just saying "I want to get married to you" it's the commitment, privately, that marriage is publically...without the sex. IOW, if you cheat while you are engaged, its adultury, not fornication and if you leave someone you are engaged to, it's the same as a divorce.

I'll agree with you there...this coming from the experience of being with somebody who did not take engagement so seriously...that hurt (though God has healed me so much...and brought me someone so much better).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983