IGNORED

Am I Supposed to take action or wait on God????

DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

OK, ARGH, I am SO frustrated!!!!!

SO here is the deal:

Ok, so I interviewed for this job that I would like and from the get go this manager I interviewed for was a total flake. He was about an hour late to the interview, forgot to gimme an application, and has not returned two messages I have left him asking for the

status of our interview.

I have had it up to here and I am SO frustrated. I dont know what to do. Am I spose to just let it go and assume that it is fate and that if its meant to be it will just happen? Or am I spose to keep taking action by calling this dope ? Or should I go even a step further, contact the company, tell them my situation and ask them if they would please grant me a fair interview with another manager?

I mean I just dont know how much I am sposed to leave it to God and how much I am sposed to make things happen and take action you know. ( And yes I have prayed about it and turned to the word but im still confused) I dont know if God is telling me to just forget about it or if I am sposed to fight for what I want...????

Opinions? HELP!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I don't think there would be any harm in trying to speak to someone else in the company to ask what is happening while at the same time praying that God will overrule and shut the door finally if it's not right.

Also, do you really want to work with someone so unreliable?

the job is not yours. and even if the manager did call and tell you to come work for him, why on earth would you want to? is this the first job you've applied for?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Why would you want to work for someone incapable of even conducting an interview? :thumbsup:

I would withold from pursuing it further, as you have already made several attempts. Pursuing further could be construed as harrassment and/or obsessive.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,980
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

ok sister first ......will you have to work for this "flake"? cos if you will do you really want a job where you are going to be frustrated ( and no doubt blamed for everything that goes wrong )

second ...... If you" go over " his /her head could you then work for this person without being either resentful or victimised cos no one likes their boss being told that they cant/ didnt do the job they were supposed to do .

If you need this job then you need to do whatever it takes and I would suggest that you give one more phone call, be polite and say you are concerned as you havent heard from them and if that doesnt get a result within a few days then contact the head office, perhaps telling them that you dont appear to be able to contact this person and asking if they can help ( I dont think you have anything to gain by telling them that he/she is a dope cos if they dont already know it they probably are not a good company to work for )

I will pray for you for guidance but I think you need to think long and hard about if you want to work for a company that employes someone so unprofesional in such a senior position... :thumbsup:

Also, do you really want to work with someone so unreliable?

OK this is why, you see it is a big company...er-maybe its a cooperation? Anyway, so there are like a whole bunch of managers and district managers and lucky me got stuck with this dope to interview with. The manager that set me up with this interview was a seemingly nice gal who was patient with trying to get this interview for me even when I was unable to make it to the first interview she scheduled for me. I also met a coupla other managers who seemed nice enough and I just think it would be a cool job. Its just this dope-this one DOPE, I have no idea how he got as high up as he did or what the heck is going on with him , but anyway, i hope that answers your question...I wouldnt neccessarily be working under this dope, there are a lot of managers and different places to work at under this cooperation...

If they wanted to hire you, they would've contacted you.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,980
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

what about trying to contact the woman who set it up and ask her if she knows what is going on ..without passing an opinion on the guy who interviewed you ...you never know who he is linked to

Will still pray but try to check out who you would be working with or you could find yourself in a nightmare job :thumbsup:

Im so annoyed...ok I know that he is not interested in me, thats not what this is about, this is about the fact that I dont think i was given a fair shot from the get go

Im so annoyed...ok I know that he is not interested in me, thats not what this is about, this is about the fact that I dont think i was given a fair shot from the get go

But I thought you just said the other girl had been patient with you, even to the point of re-arranging a second interview when you missed the first one. :thumbsup:

The manager that set me up with this interview was a seemingly nice gal who was patient with trying to get this interview for me even when I was unable to make it to the first interview she scheduled for me.