• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Understanding Roman Catholicism

This is a good link. I was raised Catholic, went all the way through confirmation but was also saved during that time. It's a long story but I recomitted my life to the Lord 3 yrs ago and I'm now a Protestant. I was baptized by submersion in 2004 as it shows us in the Bible (66 books).

Thank You Jesus for wooing me back!

I was raised Baptist and really didn't have a true understanding of Chruch history or theology until the age of 30 at which time I converted to Catholicism. Your link above is nothing more than Jack chick anti-Catholic propaganda. One fact that most all of you are either haven't addressed or haven't thought about is how the foundational doctrines of the Catholic Church haven't changed in 2,000 years which only bolstered the argument that the Catholic Church is the fullness of the truth and the one Church established by Jesus Christ. Yes, there have been a few bad Popes, but even these bad Popes didn't try and change the Church. The Magesterium is the longest running Instutuion in the world. Don't you think the Magesterium would broken up by now if it wasn't the foundational teaching tool of the Church? So the next time your Church is taking a vote to change its stance on homosexuality, women pastors, abortion, embryonic stem cell research, contraception, once saved always saved, rapture, etc. just remember that there is ONE Church out there that hasn't changed in 2,000 years and never will. I have the peace of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about my Parish getting a new priest and wondering what he is going to change.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Yes, there is one Church, the Body of Christ. :unsure:

Guest Poofers

Holy water, not in the Bible, it's repentance and not penance, Jesus said "it is Finished", He doesn't come back every Sunday as a wafer, Mary needed a savior, the only instructions by Mary in the Bible were in the wedding at Cana when she said, "Do what He tells you". The rosary, don't think you'll be heard for your much speaking... We're not to have graven images but what fills RCC churches & the offshoots? I have no problems with Catholics but the teachings I do have a problem with. Jesus's representative on earth is the Holy Spirit, not the pope. And if you look in the section called 'Are Catholics Christ' everything he cites from the Catechism IS in it. I have the 1994 Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger imprimatur catechism. We come to God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ, I don't need a priest to tell me to say 1 Our Father and 10 hail marys. Mary is the creation, Jesus had brothers, she didn't remain a virgin nor was she born sinless. The Bible refers to all believers as saints, not just who Rome appoints.

It was disturbing to read (in the RCC catechism) that we become gods.

Edited by Poofers

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Understanding Roman Catholicism

This is a good link. I was raised Catholic, went all the way through confirmation but was also saved during that time. It's a long story but I recomitted my life to the Lord 3 yrs ago and I'm now a Protestant. I was baptized by submersion in 2004 as it shows us in the Bible (66 books).

Thank You Jesus for wooing me back!

I was raised Baptist and really didn't have a true understanding of Chruch history or theology until the age of 30 at which time I converted to Catholicism. Your link above is nothing more than Jack chick anti-Catholic propaganda. One fact that most all of you are either haven't addressed or haven't thought about is how the foundational doctrines of the Catholic Church haven't changed in 2,000 years which only bolstered the argument that the Catholic Church is the fullness of the truth and the one Church established by Jesus Christ. Yes, there have been a few bad Popes, but even these bad Popes didn't try and change the Church. The Magesterium is the longest running Instutuion in the world. Don't you think the Magesterium would broken up by now if it wasn't the foundational teaching tool of the Church? So the next time your Church is taking a vote to change its stance on homosexuality, women pastors, abortion, embryonic stem cell research, contraception, once saved always saved, rapture, etc. just remember that there is ONE Church out there that hasn't changed in 2,000 years and never will. I have the peace of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about my Parish getting a new priest and wondering what he is going to change.

Pax, you cannot put your faith in the traditions of men. Listen to Poofers, and change the record.

Holy water, not in the Bible, it's repentance and not penance, Jesus said "it is Finished", He doesn't come back every Sunday as a wafer, Mary needed a savior, the only instructions by Mary in the Bible were in the wedding at Cana when she said, "Do what He tells you". The rosary, don't think you'll be heard for your much speaking... We're not to have graven images but what fills RCC churches & the offshoots? I have no problems with Catholics but the teachings I do have a problem with. Jesus's representative on earth is the Holy Spirit, not the pope. And if you look in the section called 'Are Catholics Christ' everything he cites from the Catechism IS in it. I have the 1994 Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger imprimatur catechism. We come to God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ, I don't need a priest to tell me to say 1 Our Father and 10 hail marys. Mary is the creation, Jesus had brothers, she didn't remain a virgin nor was she born sinless. The Bible refers to all believers as saints, not just who Rome appoints.

It was disturbing to read (in the RCC catechism) that we become gods.

No where in the Catchism does it say we become Gods. I feel sorry for that you were never properly catechised in the Catholic Church as I believe you stated earlier that you were born and raised in the Catholic Church. Unfortunantly this happens.

No where in the Catchism does it say we become Gods. I feel sorry for that you were never properly catechised in the Catholic Church as I believe you stated earlier that you were born and raised in the Catholic Church. Unfortunantly this happens.

LOL. Show me in the Bible where we are to be "catechised" by the church.

Hmmm. I've heard of being chastised by the Lord, but catechised is a new one to me.

That's right I forgot you pick up the bible and interpret it how ever you wish and then start another Church. Show me where in the Bible is says that we should have 30,000 different Churchs, ordain women pastors, what role if any homosexual clergy should have in church, Sola Scriptora etc. No where does it say these things but this is happening thoughout all 30,000 denominations of Protestanism througout the world. Where as there is one Catholic Church, which is an objective truth that cannot be denied by anyone except the ignorant.

Not quite. We are instructed by the Holy Spirit, through prayer, study, and worship, and through each other. Try it, you'll like it!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Protestants killed thousands too.

Protestant, Catholic, when you get right down to the nitty-gritty all christianity is Catholic. Without the Catholic church those of us living today would probably of never even heard of Christianity or Jesus. Their methods for evangelizing the world were brutal but very effective. I'm sure our ancestors witnessed the brutality and murder of millions and were "motivated" to abandon their pagan beliefs and convert due to this and not because of some "ephipany" that christianity is the one true religion (just being honest).

That's just the way it is and was. Let's just not let it happen again; the best way is to keep church and state separate.

Protestants killed thousands too.

Protestant, Catholic, when you get right down to the nitty-gritty all christianity is Catholic. Without the Catholic church those of us living today would probably of never even heard of Christianity or Jesus. Their methods for evangelizing the world were brutal but very effective. I'm sure our ancestors witnessed the brutality and murder of millions and were "motivated" to abandon their pagan beliefs and convert due to this and not because of some "ephipany" that christianity is the one true religion (just being honest).

That's just the way it is and was. Let's just not let it happen again; the best way is to keep church and state separate.

The first three sentences are great!

That's right I forgot you pick up the bible and interpret it how ever you wish and then start another Church. Show me where in the Bible is says that we should have 30,000 different Churchs, ordain women pastors, what role if any homosexual clergy should have in church, Sola Scriptora etc. No where does it say these things but this is happening thoughout all 30,000 denominations of Protestanism througout the world. Where as there is one Catholic Church, which is an objective truth that cannot be denied by anyone except the ignorant.

Subject of women pastors. Watch this.

Judges 4:4

And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

Judges 4:5

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Where is the office of prophet compared to that of the pastor/teacher? it is actually above that of the pastor! That's right. Swallow your pride men, because Deborah held an office superior to that of the pastor.

1 Corinthians 12:28

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Amen!