• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/15/1961

Hi BFP! {{{{{{{ :emot-hug}}}}}} I know sometimes it's so hard.I also know about the law and who gets protected and who doesn't. I just went to the magistrates office yesterday to get a restraining order against my dear bipolar stepson. As I mentioned in a previous thread he harrasses us ,Well the night before he got mad with us and called his younger brother and told him that he was going to come down here and kill me. I called the magistrate and they said to bring the person that he communicated the threat to.He didn't want to get his brother in trouble and wouldn't go so I went.The magistrate looked at me and said if he didn't threaten me personally then I couldn't get the restraing order.I told him that my stepson has a key to my house but it doesn't matter. He told me to go to this boy's county and have him involuntarily commited.You may ask where is my husband in all of this? He told me to do what I had to do but he didn't think his son would hurt me.I called my daughter,she works for disability to find out what my options were and my husband told his younger son to tell the bipolar son that I was talking to my daughter about getting his disability check taken away (which nothing like that came up in our conversation) and the bipolar stepson said he was calling disability on Monday and having her fired.I was so mad at my husband but he said he was just trying to scare him.So BFP, I know.Sometimes when you feel like your doing the right thing things blow up.We do have to rely on God.At least he won't abandon us or betray us.He is always with us. You have my prayers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Oh Turanapage, my prayers are with you as well! I know exactly where you are coming from. My son is a real challenge a well. We don't have a diagnoses for him ,but we highly suspect bipolar. They are extremely difficult to deal with. We have tried to have him involuntarily committed this summer because he was living in a state of psychosis for over 6 weeks and had given away everything he owned. Long story but we had him in 6 or 7 different hospitals in different cities...even went as far as to get a court order...

And he was advised by a psychaiatrist (right in front of me!) that what he needed to do was go live like a WOMAN for 2 years in a major city. I was SOOO upset. My son was in an obvious state of psychosis when this advice was given, and he took the advice!

The good news is that he tired of living as a woman after about 4 weeks, but still has major issues that NO-ONE is willing to adress!

I hear you...I know that nothing is on the side of the parent, ever. Your experince is a nightmare I know, and it is so hard to explain it all...I know that too.

Well my son is on his way home today, we think. We are not sure what we are going to do with him when he gets here, but I am really praying for a miracle. He has been homeless for over 8 months now and if we don't take him in, our cold Canadian winter will kill him.

I don't know what else to do at this point.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

The Lord never sends us more than we can bear.

BFP