• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

billie...

Are you sure you didn't mean teaspoons of sugar rather than tablespoons of sugar in your coffee? :emot-handshake:

Yes, I'm sure. :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... An easy rule of thumb is:

If it's White, don't Bite!

Meaning to omit or limit all white foods such as white rice, products made with white flour, sugar, white potatos, white sauces, white bread, etc... Stick with the whole grains, brown rice, and foods with color... Yukon Gold potatos, [as well as rhe purple/blue varieties now available] are better than Russet; yams and sweet potatos are both very good for you, supplying various nutrients and fiber.

If it's White, don't Bite!

:emot-handshake:

Thanks, Kitty. I'll keep that in mind too. What about milk?

We weigh about the same and I want to lose about 30 lbs.

I wanna lose 50! :emot-handshake:

So can we start after Thanksgiving I am going over to my brothers now and stuff my face,

I stuffed my face today too. After what I ate for breakfast I ate:

1 plate with turkey, ham, rice dressing, a dinner roll, potato salad.

2 pieces of cake

1 diet coke

1 reg. coke

1 plate with turkey, ham, rice dressing, potato salad, green beans, a dinner roll

20 oz coke

1 piece cake

I've failed. :)

Have you tried sweetners instead of sugar in your coffee?

Doesn't taste the same. Maybe I should scrap the coffee and have something else in the morning. Any suggestions for a healthy morning perk-up drink?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Doesn't taste the same. Maybe I should scrap the coffee and have something else in the morning. Any suggestions for a healthy morning perk-up drink?

for morning drinks I either drink water, the new flavored water with 10 calories or less or a sip up/ juice box of of either apple or orange juice.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

We weigh about the same and I want to lose about 30 lbs.

I wanna lose 50! :laugh:

So can we start after Thanksgiving I am going over to my brothers now and stuff my face,

I stuffed my face today too. After what I ate for breakfast I ate:

1 plate with turkey, ham, rice dressing, a dinner roll, potato salad.

2 pieces of cake

1 diet coke

1 reg. coke

1 plate with turkey, ham, rice dressing, potato salad, green beans, a dinner roll

20 oz coke

1 piece cake

I've failed. :24:

:24:

Oh Sweetie, you have not failed! You are talking about just 1 day, do not sweat it. The problem with that most have with the holidays is that they over indulge during the whole season begining with Halloween candy and ending with New Years dinner, in January cries of "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" ring from coast to coast. Keep the Holiday eating to the Holiday day only, which are very few through out the year and make good choices and you'll be fine. :P

The biggest problem with yesterday's holiday meal would've been the soda pop and possibly portion size, but only you would know if that was a problem or not. Watch portion sizes it's okay to sample all dishes at special occassions as long as the portions are small. Also make a habit of leaving food on your plate. Decide to only eat 1/2 or 3/4 of resturant portions and so on.

As for sweeteners... I can understand your need for that coffee/caffine energizer in the morning, but the sugar will just lower your energy, not invigorate it. Once you eating habits change you will feel more energized and less sluggish. Are you taking any supplements? I advised some in my first post response, that will help too boost you in the mornings.

There is a product called HerbaSweet, it can be a little pricey, but can be found for less and the HerbaSway company offers many deals. I have found HerbaSweet to be a very good sugar substitute, and I'm a picky sweet-tooth.

Click Here for Link

"HerbaSway introduces the new and improved HerbaSweet formula. Now the original Lo Han fruit sweetener contains Inulin, a fructo-oligosaccharides known for its prebiotic properties. This great tasting formula has no calories and can be a natural addition to coffee, tea, cereals and for baking and cooking. Ingredients: Lo Han, Insulan, Natural Fructose, Demineralized Water, Vegetable Glycerin, NO saccharin, NO aspartame, NO synthetic sweeteners. HerbaSweet reduces your craving for sweet foods and high glycemic carbohydrates. Excellent for those concerned with weight control, synthetic sweeteners, hyperactivity, and tooth decay. HerbaSweet has no calories, zero aftertaste and is great for cooking, baking, or anything you would use sugar or a sugar substitute for. 100% safe for EVERYONE including diabetics. Can be used in conjunction with your diet food program. HerbaSweet All-Natural Sweetener by HerbaSway - 270 Servings"

They also have an excellent sweetened green tea product that I love, as well as many others that take the place of sodas.

:24: Hang in there Kiddo!

:24:

• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Okay- so far I've had one bowl of special K. I don't know what else I'm going to eat yet today because I have to work. But I am going to the gym right now for a couple hours. After that I'm going out for coffee (or lowfat chai tea latte in my case) with my friend Michelle!

• Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

ok I had four slices of wheat bread (two slices with light butter and 2 with peanut butter and 2 glasses of water)

I now weigh 347 and I have lost now 11 pounds and that is just changing to eating whole wheat products and starting to eat from the produce section of the grorcery store.

I have just started now to feel good to start walking up to 1/2 mile occasionally. and i try to park at the opposite end of the parking lot so I farther to walk off the pounds.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,086
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  241
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Billie you can only be a failure if you give up :):emot-crying: .believe it or not your last day was probabley healthier than the first day you posted...not as much sugar.

have you tried peppermint tea? very good for waking you up in the mornings and as it has no milk or sugar in it you cut your calorie intake dramatically. If you really are using tablespoons then I think you would be a lot better off giving up the coffee before you become diabetic :emot-pray: ...it must be like drinking syrup :emot-pray:

Just remember you may not be overweight just underhigh :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I'm not sure what make they are but my sister switched to sweetners and she said she can't taste the difference. If I remember I'll see what they are next time I speak to her.

Blend fruit together!