IGNORED

Purpose Driven Study!

Matthitjah

Wow doesn't it seem like we need more than a day to absorb these chapters. Living for eternity is life changing. I stumbled on this a few years ago and ever since have been excited about death. Some people think I'm morbid. I don't go on and on about dying or anything like that but when the conversation presents itself I get all worked up about the next place I'm going. When things are going wrong and it seems like there is no end, the only thing that keeps me centered is remembering this is only a blink in time compared to eternity.

I loved his example of being carried by our mothers for nine months. We use the words coming into this world to describe birth because for the child they are literally entering a new dimension. So could we call the hardships and trials we go through here labor pains?

I have a sister who lives far from the Lord and as a result is a very angry person. I tend to avoid her because I don't know how to handle her anger. She is very righteous because she is the only remaining Catholic in our immediate family. I have often considered telling her my story since I was the rebel child in the family, but I always stop short of doing it because I play out all these scenario's in my head of how she will react. I need to stop trying to figure it all out and just tell her and let the seed fall where it may. OK but I need a little advise on this you guys, should I write so I can get it all out, or should I try to do it face to face and in which case I might not get very far because she'll rip my head off?

Imagine every act of our lives strikes a chord that will vibrate in eternity. It makes me think of Abraham, people like to focus on him being the father of the nations of Isaac which is truly a blessing. But what about the nations he fathered through Ishmael which has become a curse. One very dumb decision between him and Sarah and now look at the mess we got. Generations of fighting have resulted from the son's of one man, is that incredible or what?

In Yeshua's love

Teri

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I have a sister who lives far from the Lord and as a result is a very angry person. I tend to avoid her because I don't know how to handle her anger. She is very righteous because she is the only remaining Catholic in our immediate family. I have often considered telling her my story since I was the rebel child in the family, but I always stop short of doing it because I play out all these scenario's in my head of how she will react. I need to stop trying to figure it all out and just tell her and let the seed fall where it may. OK but I need a little advise on this you guys, should I write so I can get it all out, or should I try to do it face to face and in which case I might not get very far because she'll rip my head off?

Dear Teri,

My, we have much in common in our families and lives. I can relate to the sister story. I can't tell you which way is best in terms of relating to her, but I can tell you what I did and how it turned out. I wrote to both my siblings and gave my testimony and just gave them the gospel message, and asked them if they were saved. My brother responded yes........my sister got angry and lashed out in a return letter. I didn't respond, and gave her time to relax and get over it. In spite of her anger, it planted a seed. She is now attending a church, hopefully one that preaches the Truth, and since then, we've had some in-depth conversations (as in-depth as they can be right now), but the door has been opened. So, I would say, write her and send it. For what it's worth, I sent mine email.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Teri,

Ask the Father how to approach your sister. I too have denying family. I just tell them .They still Love me but think I am crazy or in a cult. :shocked: Yes I tell them I have died. My cult is Christ and I no longer am concerned with what they think. I am focusing on Him so that they will see the light I am shedding thru my dying flesh. I tell them I however am concerned not about what they think Only that when they have a minute they head to the T.V. Amen! I don't say it arrogantly either just matter of factly. I am fasting from T.V Have been for a year. It draws away ny focus from Christ. My family lives by it . So what are they worshipping? :wacko:

Anyway here is what I came to from this chapter.

I find all the sharing enlightening. :D

The part i was drwan to was this. The lord wants from you, Thy will be done Lord. otherwise its coming from Him "okay have your will your way , goodbye!" Give Him His Glory or have your free will. he doesn't want to coerce you. There is no glory in that. We are not puppets for a reason.

Also like the story of Narnia. If we believe? We are on a wonderful journey. Full of things we scarcely will believe even though we've been told. Yet this is not the end. Were still lost in the wardrobe. If we marvel at love now? What wonderous things will we marvel at in the presence of Love itself? Every new chapter in eternity is better that the last.

"No mere man has ever seen , heard, or even imagined what wonderful things G-d has ready for those who Love the Lord!"

The answer to the wquestion for me was.

I should stop doing my will and start doing His!

Peace,

Dave

LOL gotta learn how to type better. :shocked: Lots of typos in that last post.

Grace to you all,

Day 5

Seeing life from G-ds view

What is your life? James 4:14b (NIV)

We don't see things as they are, we see tham as we are. Anais Nin

Point to ponder: Life is a test and a trust.

Verse to remember: "Unless you are fruitful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones."

Luke 16:10a (NLT)

Question to consider: What has happened to me recently that I know realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

Let the Lord lead.

Peace,

Dave

Sidenote.

I saw this book at Wal Mart the other day for $12.95.

I paid $20.00 just two weeks ago.

It is never too late to join the study. This is fellowship folks. Valuing others opinions and sharing what we are learning about our purpose. The Lords purpose.

Thanks again to all who are participating. Also thank you Suzanne, dear sister!

Your response to Teri was good advice. :shocked:

Peace,

Dave

That is so interesting, about seeing life as we are. I have a large family and when we get together the memories always come up. Some of this turns into debates because everyone can remember the same event differently. Well I guess this explains it, it is because where we were all at at the time in our lives was different.

The greatest trust God has given me up to this point is my children. The greatest test He has given me is raising step children of which I have two. Where as I loved my own children before they were even born I had to learn to love my step children and to walk a fine line with their mom who is not very involved but is very verbally antagonistic towards me when she is. My stepchildren have harder issues than my children did because they were abandoned by their mom at an early age. I have done the job for years and then she turned back up so the kids have loyalty issues and all manner of things I didn't have to work with in mine. While I understand they love their mom, I have this desire to protect them from her too because she is vulgar and an alcoholic. When she says hurtful things to them my flesh wants to react and say some pretty mean things back, but I know it would be wrong so I get on my knees. And I have to keep praying for their mom even when I don't want to. This is a very long test and I pray daily for God's will in it for all of us, and the perserverance to do the next right thing.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

Saints bless you,

I have fallen behind by one day. Sorry Let us continue shall we?

My answer to day 5 is this.

The greatest thing He has entrusted to me of late is this very Board and His Glory on it. If I can not be Faithful to it ? How will I get to the next level.

He keeps placing a rock in the road. I keep stumbling over it. The key though is this . He wants to see how I will react after I stumble? Will I continue the way I have? Or will I seek His Will and adapt?

I could skip around the rock and keep on getting it my way? Or I can fall over it ?Brush myself off and get up on top of it and reach up ? Then He will say well done son. Come on up. Until I stumble over the next rock. It is how we react when we get bruised.

If we skip around the rock and go our way? One day the rock will fall on us and smash us to pieces! He hasn't bought you for your purposes, only His! It is not ok Father, Your Church, Your Way, Your Will! But I don't really want to go that way today.

Then you are doing my church, my will , my way! Amen! He laid the foundation and He will finish. You better be Faithful in the little things. Otherwise the big things will not be entrusted to you! :t2:

Peace, :t2:

Dave

Edited by Dr. Luke

Blessed Saints,

Day 6

Life is a temporary assignment

Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeting away. Psalm 39:4 (NLT)

I am here on earth for just a little while. Psalm 119:19 (TEV)

Point to ponder:This world is not my home.

Verse to remember:"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporray, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)

Question to consider: How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way i am living right now?

Peace,

Dave

Hi I had a hard time finding time this weekend. Anyway this is exactly the best method to get myself out of the dumps, off the pity pot and moving to higher ground. I can't even begin to count how many times that still small voice has said, this too shall pass, or it's only for a moment and I have to sigh and move on. I get dilerious at times thinking about eternity and it puts all the petty little grievences I have here in perspective. And then I laugh and apologize to my Lord for being such a baby I mean He has this wonderful place in store for me and I get into these dumb places.

As Martin Luther King Jr. said , keep your eye on the prize.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

Bless you Saints,

My thoughts on this chapter were. That I need to thicken up Spiritually.

That all the physical treats this world have to offer can not compare to what awaits.

I have of late thought about how selfish I have been in the past. About how in heaven I think that self will be the last thing we think of.

So that now I must start to think about how to focus on the Lord first . Not on the crazy comforts that self indulges in. I am not saying not to be comfortable. Yet to be comfortable with what the Lord provides. To focus on Him rather than the creature comforts of vanity.

To stop building physical comforts with my time and start putting up Spiritual treasure where the moth and flame can't get at them.

Peace,

Dave