• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I believe the original documents were the inspiried inerrant word of God. However, translators are not perfect, nor are scribes. The Bible isn't just any

old book though. It is different. God speaks to you through it, and the Spirit of Truth helps us accept that it's the truth as well. I think we are little bit

TOO literal in CERTAIN areas of the bible, though. Some things are 'poetic' and some things are 'figurative' or symbolic. Some of it needs to be understood

in its cultural context as well.

We need to accept ALL of the Bible in everyway as written by the inspired Word of God. Let the Holy Spirit be your guide and use the closest Bible KJV but however we may or may not know of the transcribing, the message of salvation has never wavered that Jesus came to save of from our sinful nature and offer us the choice to be a citzen of the Kingdom of Heaven eternal.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Why do you read it anyway? I am sincerely curious. :emot-hug: If you are the godlessheathen you claim to be, why are you here and what is your point? Are you attempting to draw others away from Christ, find contradictions (and here again as you don't believe, you'll find many and you'll be wrong ). So what is your motive?

Many reasons, to learn mostly. Whether it's learning why christians say and do certain things or to correct misconceptions about various topics or even to help temper conservative fundamentalism with progressive and liberal ideas. That's the problem with conservative fundamentalist Islam, a lack of progressive and liberal ideas. I assume you are a woman so you can thank progressives and liberals for the freedom and rights you enjoy. I think those are pretty good motives don't you?

You mean that as an unbeliever you are actually concerned that Christians might misinterpret their Bible, wow what a Christian you are to lend us thickheaded uneducated idiots a hand:rolleyes: :wub:

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us John 1:14 - thats my Bible :blink:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Thanx for your good response. Much appreciated. Keep strong in Jesus Christ!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Me thinks thee godlessheathen has fled thee realm :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Me thinks thee godlessheathen has fled thee realm :blink:

Methinks you are right me fair damsel :wub::emot-hug:

Me thinks thee godlessheathen has fled thee realm :o

Methinks you are right me fair damsel :24::laugh:

:laugh:

Ye are sooch a blessin' ;)

:wub:

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

I believe the original documents were the inspiried inerrant word of God. However, translators are not perfect, nor are scribes. The Bible isn't just any

old book though. It is different. God speaks to you through it, and the Spirit of Truth helps us accept that it's the truth as well. I think we are little bit

TOO literal in CERTAIN areas of the bible, though. Some things are 'poetic' and some things are 'figurative' or symbolic. Some of it needs to be understood

We need to accept ALL of the Bible in everyway as written by the inspired Word of God. Let the Holy Spirit be your guide and use the closest Bible KJV but however we may or may not know of the transcribing, the message of salvation has never wavered that Jesus came to save of from our sinful nature and offer us the choice to be a citzen of the Kingdom of Heaven eternal.

Although I agree here for the most part, it has always confused me why so many believe that just because the KJV is the "oldest" chronologically it must also be the "closest" contextually. I'm heartily in cahoots lol with tdrehfal here...we must learn to read Scripture in its proper context. We have to ask what did it mean before we can ask what does it mean. That's not taking anything away from the objective Truth of Scripture or the eternal message of the Gospel...it's just a matter of clarifying the lens we view it through. Blessings, A.P.

Although I agree here for the most part, it has always confused me why so many believe that just because the KJV is the "oldest" chronologically it must also be the "closest" contextually. I'm heartily in cahoots lol with tdrehfal here...we must learn to read Scripture in its proper context. We have to ask what did it mean before we can ask what does it mean. That's not taking anything away from the objective Truth of Scripture or the eternal message of the Gospel...it's just a matter of clarifying the lens we view it through. Blessings, A.P.

That is why we have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit, to give us discernment of God's Word. Start questioning it and it shows lack of faith. Blessings :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Asking questions in no way shows a lack of faith...on the contrary, it is those who don't ask questions who are afraid of growth; indeed, this includes growth of any kind, not solely spiritual. Scripture commands us to love the Lord with our minds as well as our hearts, and there needs to be an integration, rather than a seperation, of faith and learning. And yes, part of the Spirit's function is to grant Believers with discernment, however His main work is to act as Comforter and Intercessor, speaking on our behalf even when we don't know the words to say...

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Asking questions in no way shows a lack of faith...on the contrary, it is those who don't ask questions who are afraid of growth; indeed, this includes growth of any kind, not solely spiritual. Scripture commands us to love the Lord with our minds as well as our hearts, and there needs to be an integration, rather than a seperation, of faith and learning. And yes, part of the Spirit's function is to grant Believers with discernment, however His main work is to act as Comforter and Intercessor, speaking on our behalf even when we don't know the words to say...

I have to agree, It's totaly ok to ask questions, sometimes it's hard to discern between what you want to believe and what the Holy Spirit is actualy telling you, focus on the bible, pray about your understanding. As far as translations, I do like to look at the hebrew in the words, I mainly stick to the nkjv, or esb. I read multiple translations.