IGNORED

One world religion?

JesusisGod2

Guest Reverend Turmoil

Trinity,

I asked,

1. What scriptures support the idea of a one world religion?

You said,

2 Thess. 2:3-4, "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God."

Sorry, I see no indication that this rebellion or apostasy is either the church or a one world religion. To extract that from this scripture is pure fabrication

I asked,

2. What scriptures support the idea that the church will be part of it?

You said,

No where, it is wrong the church will not be part of it.

Explain?

I asked,

4. What scriptures support the idea that Rome and the EU will have anything to do with any of this?

You said,

No where all it says is the revied

roman empire. 

And where does it say that?

2 Thess. 2:3-4, "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God."

I said,

A one world religion will not happen and neither will a one world dictator. These are anti-Catholic fabrications, misleading millions to believe something that's not true and painting a very poor picture of the endtime church.

You said,

No there is where you go wrong

Ezekiel 28:2 "Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says:

" 'In the pride of your heart

you say, "I am a god;

I sit on the throne of a god

in the heart of the seas."

But you are a man and not a god,

though you think you are as wise as a god.

I don't understand this comment either. Explain

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Someone believe it is possible and are working very hard to make it happen....

Episcopal Bishop Seeks To Unite World Faiths

His organization will act as a spiritual U.N.

Don Lattin, Chronicle Religion Writer

Monday, June 19, 2000

Imagine trying to design a global agency that could speak for all the religions of the world, a spiritual parliament patterned after the United Nations.

That was the dream of Episcopal Bishop William Swing of San Francisco, who has been envisioning just such an organization for the past five years. One week from today, ``United Religions'' will be officially born at a charter-signing ceremony in Pennsylvania.

But transforming the vision into reality has not been easy.

While getting representation from organized churches with strict hierarchies -- such the Roman Catholic Church -- seemed doable, Swing found that the Vatican wanted nothing to do with his organization.

Then there were fundamentalist groups such as the 15.9-million- member Southern Baptist Convention, the largest Protestant church in the United States. Many of its leaders today look at other religions and see little more than potential converts to their brand of Christianity.

Then came the problem of what to do with the groups at the other end of the theological spectrum -- the world's pagans, animists, shamans, goddess worshipers and other eclectic spiritualists. How do you even count them, let alone find someone to represent them?

And what of the other major world religions. Who can speak for the world's Jews, many of whom spend much of their time arguing among themselves? Or the Muslims, many of whom don't want to sit down with Jews?

Then there are Buddhists, divided into countless sects, and the teeming spiritual chaos in India, which the West tries to simplify with little words like ``Hindu.''

Add it all up and you see what Swing has been up against for the last five years.

BEGINNING OF THE DREAM

Swing, the spiritual leader of the Episcopal Diocese of California, publicly announced his United Religions dream in June 1995 at a worship service at Grace Cathedral marking the 50th anniversary of the United Nations.

Since then, he and a growing global band of interfaith activists have been laying the foundations for the organization.

In a recent interview, Swing sat in an office at the United Religions headquarters at the Presidio, recalling the past five years.

``We sat in this room for three years working on a charter,'' he said. ``What we came up with is like nothing ever seen in the world of religion.''

Early in the process, Swing got a less-than-enthusiastic response from many religious leaders. So he and his colleagues decided to build the United Religions from the bottom up.

``We went out into the world looking for people doing interfaith work, and made contact with them,'' said Swing, pointing to a world map covered with pins representing those contacts. ``We couldn't wait around for religious leaders.''

Organizers soon gave up on the idea of actually trying to represent all the organized religions and eclectic spiritual movements on the planet.

``We don't want people coming over and thinking they are representing Orthodox Christianity or, as if anyone could, Hinduism,'' Swing said. ``But we are looking for a diverse presence.''

And, added the Rev. Charles Gibbs, executive director of the United Religions Initiative, ``We don't need some super-bureaucracy.

``We want people to be globally connected, but with tremendous freedom for local expression,'' Gibbs said. ``When appropriate, we will speak on global issues, but we don't want to play a tune and assume everyone else must dance to it.''

STRESSING COOPERATION

So, the basic unit of the United Religions will be ``Cooperation Circles.'' Any group of seven people or more from a mix of religions, spiritual expressions or indigenous traditions can become part of the U.R. by forming one of those circles.

Then they embark on a local project that promotes the organization's beliefs, such as nonviolent conflict resolution, protecting the environment, encouraging religious tolerance, and working for justice and peace.

These activities will be coordinated at the international level by a 41-member Global Council. Twenty-four of its members will be elected by the world membership of the United Religions in eight regional elections. Diversity will be ensured with a dozen at-large trustees, and the last five seats will be taken by Swing and others on the current U.R. board.

Currently, the organization has an annual budget of $1.8 million, raised by private donations, including substantial help from a Silicon Valley venture capitalist who prefers to remain anonymous.

Swing has had trouble getting support from the Vatican, the leadership of Orthodox Christians, Muslims and the Southern Baptist Convention.

One of the ironies about the United Religions, Swing says, is that religious groups that are convinced they have the exclusive path to salvation are the hardest ones to approach -- and yet are the ones that most need to hear the U.R. message.

FUNDAMENTALISTS A TOUGH SELL

``As for the fundamentalists,'' he says, ``we're just going to stay in business long enough that we will find some organizing work together that is mutually helpful to both sides. Fundamentalists are concerned with religious persecution, and so are we. The only United Religions principle I've heard a fundamentalist object to is when we say no one will be forced to participate in a liturgy or to proselytize. When a fundamentalist sees that, they may say, `But I want to proselytize.' ''

Locally, United Religions has the support of the Roman Catholic Church. Its board includes the Rev. Gerard O'Rourke, the ecumenical officer for the San Francisco Archdiocese, and the Rev. John LoSchiavo, chancellor of the Jesuit-run University of San Francisco.

Early in his quest, Swing visited Cardinal Francis Arinze of Nigeria, the head of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue, and a prelate often included on lists of possible successors to Pope John Paul II.

``If this is of God, I will not be able to defeat it,'' the cardinal told Swing. ``If it is only of human beings, it is not going to amount to anything.''

Now's the time to find out.

The United Religions will be at a charter signing ceremony next Monday afternoon at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. That will be the highlight of a five-day gathering that is expected to draw 375 participants from six continents.

Represented at the signing ceremony will be Hindus, Zoroastrians, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Wiccans, Baha'is, Sikhs and representatives of indigenous people around the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information on the United Religions, go to www.united-religions.org .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Rev Turmoil, are you looking for the answers for those questions, I do try my best ok

read those scriptures and see what you think ok Dan 7:25a, Dan 9:26b, 27

Matt 24:15

Dan9:27 rev 13:11-15

3. What scriptures support that the church will welcome this man of sin?

Dan 9 27 and Dan 11:36:39 Dan 7:8, 24b 2thess 2:3-4a

4. What scriptures support the idea that Rome and the EU will have anything to do with any of this?

Dan 7:7b, 24a and dan 7:8, 24b, Rev13:1-10 and Rev 17:9 and Rev 17:12-13 and Rev 13:11-15

I have been researching that for awhile as i have prophecy study bible and other book called charting the end times.

so i encouarge that you read that and give you some ideas about those scriptures that i put some on those questions.

Hope that you find that answers that will help you understand better.

Thanks

Deaf Canada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Greetings,

Will we have a one world religion? I think the obvious answer is yes.

All you have to do is look at the history of the church and look at what is happening now.

I believe that the Roman Empire is the fourth beast spoken of in Daniel 7.

We see this beast again in Revelation 13. Rome is the Empire that Satan used to crucify Christ; and under Nero was the severe persecution of the early church.

When Rome fell Satan then moved into the church, into papal Rome. We have the dragon giving "him his power, his throne, and great authority" Rev. 13:2.

Under Emperor Constantine we have the merging of the true church of Christ with the pagan papal Rome. Now we have Satan/the dragon in the church speaking great things and blasphemies Rev. 13:5; He was given authority to continue for forty-two months (this is the 1,260 yr. period known as the time of Papal Supremacy). This time is known as the Dark Ages. Satan used the church itself to attack the true followers of Christ. Many died, were burned at the stake, and tortured because they upheld the truth of the Bible and would not follow the false doctrines of papal Rome. "It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them." Rev. 13:7.

In 1798 The French Revolution occurred. Napoleon wanted to conquor Europe. He knew this could not be done without breaking the back of the Church of Rome.

So Napoleon took the pope captive, (not sure of his name), this pope died in captivity. "And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed." Rev. 13:3 The wound was healed when Moussalini had a conference with the papal power in the 1900's. A pact was signed which gave the vatican the right to be a sovereign government.

As we look at the RCC now, we can see her rising in popularity (just look at the recent funeral of the pope). She is also pushing an ecumenical movement. She wants to unite all churches and religions into a one world religion.

But whose religion will it be? Will it be the true doctrines found in the Bible? Or will everyone have to follow the traditions and false practices of the RCC?

Remember, Satan wants us to worship him. He will set himself up in this false religious system and demand that all worship him. Those who don't will be killed.

This belief that the Church of Rome is the AC power is not new. It was held by all the leaders of the Refomation: John Huss, John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, etc. It was a belief in existance for over 300 years.

So many people are looking for some future power to arise, maybe the EU or the UN, or Islam. But this beast power, this little horn is here. It will regain it's strength and power. It will beomce a persecuting power again.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Guest Reverend Turmoil

DeafCanada,

read those scriptures and see what you think ok Dan 7:25a,

And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Dan 9:26b, 27

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Sorry, not one of these scriptures even remotely imply a one world religion. You too have been well indoctrinated. There is no scriptural evidence that any of these scriptures refer to a one world religion.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Again, there is no scriptural evidence that this implies the church. To say that it does is fabricated foolishness.

And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge [and] increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

And the ten horns out of this kingdom [are] ten kings [that] shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Obviously, somedody will welcome the man of sin but I just don't see how the church is implied here. Manufacturing gone bad!

Dan 7:7b, 24a and dan 7:8, 24b, Rev13:1-10 and Rev 17:9 and Rev 17:12-13 and Rev 13:11-15

Gee wizz, I looked at all of these scriptures and I'm sorry, I don't see any mention of Rome or the (EU) sons of Japeth anywhere here.

I have been researching that for awhile as i have prophecy study bible and other book called charting the end times.

so i encouarge that you read that and give you some ideas about those scriptures that i put some on those questions.

I have questioned these things for years.  I see no scriptural evidence that supports any of the questions I posted above.  Not one bit.

Hope that you find that answers that will help you understand better.

The only thing it does help me understand is how misled christians are, and how hard they have fallen for the lies!

Reverend Turmoil

DeafCanada,

read those scriptures and see what you think ok Dan 7:25a,

And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Dan 9:26b, 27

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Sorry, not one of these scriptures even remotely imply a one world religion. You too have been well indoctrinated. There is no scriptural evidence that any of these scriptures refer to a one world religion.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Again, there is no scriptural evidence that this implies the church. To say that it does is fabricated foolishness.

And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge [and] increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

And the ten horns out of this kingdom [are] ten kings [that] shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Obviously, somedody will welcome the man of sin but I just don't see how the church is implied here. Manufacturing gone bad!

Gee wizz, I looked at all of these scriptures and I'm sorry, I don't see any mention of Rome or the (EU) sons of Japeth anywhere here.

I have questioned these things for years.

Guest Reverend Turmoil

DeafCanada,

First off, you sound, well write, like a French Canadien. Moi Aussi!

Mais, jai oublier presque tous mon francaise.

You said,

Do you think that I am indoctrined about this but actually I have been reasearching for long time as I have the course that I have from my Husband who went to the Bible College.

DeafCanada,

First off, you sound, well write, like a French Canadien.  Moi Aussi!

Mais, jai oublier presque tous mon francaise.

You said,

Do you think that I am indoctrined about this but actually I have been reasearching for long time as I have the course that I have from my Husband who went to the Bible College.