• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't want to make a comment on Tutu until I have checked further. I think we talked about the importance of withholding judgment on the Pat Roberson thread, and I did.

But I don't think these UN fact finding missions are worth anything and indeed the UN itself has been continually biased against Israel. Tutu is probably the wrong person for that kind of mission anyway as a person who worked against the South African government, which did do business with Israel. So no doubt the guy is still holding a grudge about all of that business so there is no way he would not be biased.

But fact finding missions never seem to investigate death and destruction of Jews in Israel, who are the actual victims of the aggressors.

As long as Israel exists there will never be peace in that region, we should not be surprised by these things there is no reason for fact finding missions, the problem is simple, Israel exists many countries don't want it to exist. Peace is not really an option. The only way peace will happen would be to destroy Israel, or to totally destroy her enemies, neither will happen. That is the only thing that will ever satisfy the dogs of war among the Jihadists, who love death and war. The last thing they want is peace.

Israel does not have to destroy the Arabs for there to be peace. The Arabs simply need to come to grips with Israel's right to exist and recognize it. Secondly, the Arabs need to take responsibility for the refugee situation they created in their misguided attempt to destroy Israel. When the Arabs made Jews refugees by kicking them out of Arab nation in 1948, Israel did not leave these people languishing in camps. Israel absorbed their own people. The Arabs use the Palestinian refugees they created as a sick political tool to delegitimize Israel.

If they don't recognize Israel's right exist and continue on their current path, Israel's other option is to respond to Arab agression with such ferocity that it causes the Arabs to dispair of any further conflict. Israel has the capacity to do it, but its government is too concerned about world opinion to do it. They put world opinion ahead of their own people's welfare, and I for one cannot wait to see Olmert and Co. thrown out on their ear. Israel needs a PM and a government that will put the Jews first.

Hi Shilo,

I agree Israel does not HAVE to destroy the Arabs for there to be peace. My point was simply that the surrounding states in my opinion would never change their view about Israel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is the reason that there is no fact-finding mission to investigate the death of Jews is because there is no doubt who did it?

Yet- as shown with the 'battle of Jenin'- independent investigators do need to brought in because the palestinian authorities lie over their death tolls?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Desmond Tutu also does not believe all of what is written in the Bible.He said in an interview on Talk radio 702 about 2 weeks ago that he does not take all of what is written as truth .You can buy the on-air discussions from the radio station and one can listen via internet.

702 talk radio is based in Johannesburg,S.A

Guest shiloh357

I don't want to make a comment on Tutu until I have checked further. I think we talked about the importance of withholding judgment on the Pat Roberson thread, and I did.

But I don't think these UN fact finding missions are worth anything and indeed the UN itself has been continually biased against Israel. Tutu is probably the wrong person for that kind of mission anyway as a person who worked against the South African government, which did do business with Israel. So no doubt the guy is still holding a grudge about all of that business so there is no way he would not be biased.

But fact finding missions never seem to investigate death and destruction of Jews in Israel, who are the actual victims of the aggressors.

As long as Israel exists there will never be peace in that region, we should not be surprised by these things there is no reason for fact finding missions, the problem is simple, Israel exists many countries don't want it to exist. Peace is not really an option. The only way peace will happen would be to destroy Israel, or to totally destroy her enemies, neither will happen. That is the only thing that will ever satisfy the dogs of war among the Jihadists, who love death and war. The last thing they want is peace.

Israel does not have to destroy the Arabs for there to be peace. The Arabs simply need to come to grips with Israel's right to exist and recognize it. Secondly, the Arabs need to take responsibility for the refugee situation they created in their misguided attempt to destroy Israel. When the Arabs made Jews refugees by kicking them out of Arab nation in 1948, Israel did not leave these people languishing in camps. Israel absorbed their own people. The Arabs use the Palestinian refugees they created as a sick political tool to delegitimize Israel.

If they don't recognize Israel's right exist and continue on their current path, Israel's other option is to respond to Arab agression with such ferocity that it causes the Arabs to dispair of any further conflict. Israel has the capacity to do it, but its government is too concerned about world opinion to do it. They put world opinion ahead of their own people's welfare, and I for one cannot wait to see Olmert and Co. thrown out on their ear. Israel needs a PM and a government that will put the Jews first.

Hi Shilo,

I agree Israel does not HAVE to destroy the Arabs for there to be peace. My point was simply that the surrounding states in my opinion would never change their view about Israel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Desmond Tutu also does not believe all of what is written in the Bible.He said in an interview on Talk radio 702 about 2 weeks ago that he does not take all of what is written as truth .You can buy the on-air discussions from the radio station and one can listen via internet.

702 talk radio is based in Johannesburg,S.A

Ok if this is so then he has lost any respect I may have had for him. I live in SA but do not listen to radio 702 (only classical) will therefore try and get a transcript.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Absolutely, the attacks in Lebananon were very limited, because Israel doesn't want to destroy Lebanon or expand its borders. It just wants to create a large enough barrier so that terrorists can no longer attack israel with missiles.

If Israel wanted to wipe out Lebanon, it would have done it in a day or two, then moved on to Syria.

Don't mistake Israel's restraint for weakness. They have the best AF and Armor the world has seen and use their capabilities sparingly.

I would like to compare the Israelis to bees.

What do bees do? They go about their daily lives gathering nectar so they can make honey and provide food for the hive. They don't go around stinging people or raising hell. But, then some idiot comes along and decides to start throwing rocks at the hive, the bees, thinking their hive is in danger, attack the rock thrower. The rock thrower then blames the bees for their completely justified and natural response.

If someone were throwing rocks at my house, I'd do something to make them stop. The Israelis want to live in peace and go about their lives, like everyone else around the world wants to do and for the most part is allowed to do without any interruption or fear of extermination.

All these anti-war "pacifists" say that war and violence isn't the answer. Why, then do they believe the palestinians violence is justified and Israel's self-defense should be condemned?

Guest shiloh357
Absolutely, the attacks in Lebananon were very limited, because Israel doesn't want to destroy Lebanon or expand its borders. It just wants to create a large enough barrier so that terrorists can no longer attack israel with missiles.

If Israel wanted to wipe out Lebanon, it would have done it in a day or two, then moved on to Syria.

Don't mistake Israel's restraint for weakness. They have the best AF and Armor the world has seen and use their capabilities sparingly.

Exactly, Justin. If Israel were the monster their detractors claim they are, there would be no Lebanon, no Syria, no Palestinian people, etc. If Israel really was the land grabbing, colonialist bully that the Liberals and other know-nothings claim they are, Israel would be much, much larger today. Israel would not have given back the Sinai to Egypt, or withdrawn from Southern Lebanon. With its military, Israel could easily wipe out Jordan and take everything East of the Jordan. But they don't. Israel was happy to stay behind the 1949 Armistice lines until they were attacked in 1967. Every gain Israel ever made because the Arabs tried to destroy them.

All these anti-war "pacifists" say that war and violence isn't the answer. Why, then do they believe the palestinians violence is justified and Israel's self-defense should be condemned?

Very good insight, Justin. :thumbsup: For all of their clamoring about the "evil" of war, they support Palestinian terrorism as justifiable "resistance." Sadly most of them don't see the internal inconsistency of their position.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Here is the quote in English from the Boston Jewish Times 21 November, 1986:

If it's true than I condemn it, but try providing a reliable source, because if it is true it will be out there on the internet.

1) What makes the Boston Jewish Times "unreliable" in your eyes? :laugh:

2) Why should a speech made in 1986 be out on the internet? That's close to a decade before the internet came out. :24:

The fact that the "Boston Jewish Times" is off line and therefore I can't check the source is one problem. The second that there are no more recent reliable citations of these remarks from such a prominent religious leader. The third and most important is that at the time the speech is claimed to have been made the (pro-Nazi )Aphateid government was in power in South Africa murdering and spreading lies about those who had the temerity to oppose it. I would like confirmation, that this speech was not another propoganda lie diseminated by them. If its a real speech then there should be more information ou there about it.