• No a war  with iraq is not a good idea

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, Lana....My husband and I saw the sermon by Charles Stanley yesterday, too. In fact, it was so good we watched it twice...morn and night.

We were glued to the television. It did help me see things a little clearer. And yes, he did say to take care of the soldier's "wife" as if she were like a widow.

I agree and do hope every Christian man who remains stateside will help the wives and children of our men who've gone overseas to fight. It must be so hard to be left behind with the little ones and not have the man of the house around.

I know it's hard, Lana. I've had you on my mind so much lately.  My heart goes out to you, Sister. Please know that...

Cat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

We need to get him out of the way!

He is a madman. The longer we wait, the worst it will be.

In the Bible, God used warriors. David & Joshua just for starters!

I believe we made a mistake when we were in Desert Storm,

we should have went all the way to Bagdad & got him them

then & there!

Lan I realize you have a personal investment in this. My niece is also over there. She has been baptized and believes deeply in Christ. She like many of our soldiers didn't look at the big picture but was looking for help with schooling. She told me before she left she didn't want to kill anyone. I told her I would pray that she didn't have to. I have read chapter 13 as you asked and I will ask you to read John the entire chapter. And read Romans 12. Read the entire NT and the call is to love not to hate, not even our enemies. I'm not speaking of the outward acts of the flesh here. I'm speaking of the condition of the heart. Weather war is justified or not is not what I refer to but the condition of the heart. We as christians are asked by Jesus to follow Him. Even on the cross he petitioned the Father to forgive those who nailed Him there because they know not what they do. The people of Iraq have been born and raised to think the way they do. They know nothing else. This is a very sad thing.

Regardless of all of that I just can't get past Christ's commandment to love. He did not even ask for the death of the people that hung Him on a cross. I just don't want to harbor hate for anyone. I am told to pick up my cross and follow Christ. If that means I'm in the minority in all of this then fine, but He never told me to harbor ill will towards anyone. Nor did the president. I do understand SH is a bad guy, I understand the people of Iraq would be better off without him. I also understand that the majority of the people of the United States can not see the little people standing in front of the dictator. I have done alot of bad things in my life time Lan. And upon being saved I have had to spend alot of time on my knees in prayful repentence to clear away the baggage of the past. Back then I could have gone to war and thought nothing of it. But now after asking sincerely for a new heart I just couldn't do it. Now when I go to my knees in prayer for the lost souls in Iraq I hear the screams of the children, I feel the grief of the mothers, and the lost and helpless feelings they have. They don't have Jesus to turn to in this time of need. Can you see what I'm saying here. When you don't have Christ to turn to all that pain turns into bitter hate and revenge. This is my personal feelings on this Lan and is nothing to get angry at me about. Someone can throw scripture at me all day long and I will not ask God to make me back into the cold hearted self centered person I once was.

Somewhere in all of this there is a reason why each of us is where we are at. Perhaps as you say this war is justified and we need people who feel that to carry it out. But perhaps there are also others God calls on to pray for all involved, so He put it upon our hearts to do that. Gods ways are not our ways and we just need to trust that He is in charge and He knows what He is doing. Could we leave it at that? I will pray for your husband along with all the others.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

Oh I was wondering about the sermon you guys spoke of, taking care of the wives of the soldiers, does this include the husbands? And what kind of care do they need?

I have done alot of bad things in my life time Lan. And upon being saved I have had to spend alot of time on my knees in prayful repentence to clear away the baggage of the past.  

Someone can throw scripture at me all day long and I will not ask God to make me back into the cold hearted self centered person I once was.

Shilou: Wow! I relate there, bro! Definitely relate to this...been there, done that...could really feel what you're saying in this. Wouldn't go back to that way of life for anything.

I don't think the sermon mentioned the men because guys can usually handle those tough jobs around the house.

He was addressing helping the women  left behind with children..

We have a neighbor lady who's divorced with children. She has to work full time and raise a family.  My husband goes over and mows her lawn for her, {free}.

In fact, he'd help any person...male or female on our street..he can fix just about anything.  

And yes, if I knew a man  who's wife went overseas and he was left with children...I would be happy to take over casseroles and soups and baked pies for him and his family.

My husband and I believe in being good neighbors...always.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Loving your neighbor is that the job of individual Christian's or the nation. Soldiers have to fight, to protect the nation, the same way that police officer may have to kill a criminal. Saying that we are not loving Iraq by going to war is an improper judgement in my eyes and the eyes of scripture. I have read John those scriptures don't apply to the nation. Read Ecclesiastes 3:8 is a good verse on war. God says there is a time for war, and will take his word on it above your misinterpretation of the Beautitudes anyday Shilou. Sorry Sister, but we must protect ourselves or we will not be in existence. Turning the other cheek, look at John chapt 18:22,23   When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby struck him in the face. "Is this the way you answer the high priest?" he demanded.

23.  "If I said something wrong," Jesus replied, "testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?"  Jesus was bound and couldn't defend himself but he still spoke out at mistreatment and injustice. Jesus came to die, he didn't have to, he could have had a legion of angels come a save him. Saying what he did, we America as a nation should do, and back down to a tyrant, is a total misapplication of the Bible. You may want to check out this article Shilou:   http://intouch.org/War/index_38027182.html

My soldier will not carry arms, because it is against the law for a Chaplain, but if they would let him he would gladly take up arms, beside his fellow soldiers and fight on a foreign soil to rid that country of an evil dictator. The same way a policeman would kill a criminal to prevent another death, or to protect him/herself. A famous Chaplain in history said this on board a ship:  Praise the Lord, and pass the amunition.

Guest astralis
I agree and do hope every Christian man who remains stateside will help the wives and children of our men who've gone overseas to fight. It must be so hard to be left behind with the little ones and not have the man of the house around.

Cat,

In this day-of-age, we can't forget that there are many women over there who have left the men home with the children.

That is true, and many single parents have left their children with either a babysitter (trustworthy they hope) or their own parents the children's grandparents. Most soldiers are men though Astralis, and the majority of us left behind are wives.

Guest Shawneeda

One of the saddest stories that I have seen is where this father of four young children (I believe the mother died) was sent over to the middle east to fight, and had to leave his four children to be raised by his sister.  If he is killed, the children will not have a mother or father.  I don't think this man should have been sent  over there, but, of course, he said that he knew that there was always a chance he would have to go somewhere to fight.

When his wife died, he could have applied for a hardship discharge. Since he didn't, he knew the risk that he would be deployed existed, and had a family plan set up long before the deployment, Shawneeda. As you can tell I am familar with this type of situation, those type of discharges often go through my hubby's office as the chaplain in his battalion (as well as all the rest of those that have to process that stuff). It is hard leaving your family behind, even with the wife there to care for the kids. I can attest to that.

And yes, if I knew a man