Arthur Durnan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

There is only one flood legend with with a man building a boat and taking all the animals. That is in the Bible. Even if they had similar stories, how could the stories survive after all the people were wiped out?

Read these. Pretty strikingly similar to the Biblical account.

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html

How all people, Asian, Africans, Arabs, and Indians all come from one amn.

Don't evolutionists have the same problem, first of all?

Actually, there were 8 men and women aboard the ark. How quickly do you think they could reproduce? In fact, our population rate at what it is today could easily have begun with 6 men and women who began reproducing 6 or 7 thousand years ago.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link on polystrate fossils. Hopefully this works.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~lindsay/creati...polystrate.html

(For a picture of an ichthyosaur giving birth, and for comparisons of eye size in various organisms see Ryosuke Motani. 2000. Rulers of the Jurassic Seas. Scientific American. December issue pp. 52-59)

I don't have much time to look for another pic of the ichthyosaur but it is well-known.

Strange reports * Bizarre biology * Anomalous archaeology

From New Scientist, Nature, Scientific American, etc

From that link. Who do you mean be 'he'? This is not a creationist site. These anolies are found in scientific magazines. How can you write it off as inbreeding? And which ones? They're probably called anomalies because certain folk weren't supposed be around when other folk were according to evolutionary 'history'.

Guest shadow2b

Second, do you know what one of the most basic tenants of communism is?

How could I forget that? Of course I am a commie. Stay away from the evil commie!!!!

-OHHHHHHHH NOOOOO NOT ANOTHER GODLESS COMMIE- :t2:welcome.gifshhhhhhhh!!-i don't want anyone to know i'm talkin to a commie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/10/science/10WARM.html

This is a good link regarding possible canopy theory. And yes, I do know they don't come out and say there was a canopy of water as stated in Genesis, but something DID happen 4000 to 8000 years.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Who said it slowed down just as quickly?  And how can you say that you know for a fact that everything always moved as slowly as it now does.  There is no proof of that.  If you want to see more info on this here's a good link.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...6n1p57Forum.asp

It shows arguments for an against, if you want to get into depth.

Yes, there is evidence everthing moved as slowly as it does. It is hard to use a debate in a debate, because then you have the rebuttle right there.

You didn't mention the part about canines in your answer.  Does that mean we are in agreement on this?

No, you never elaborated on this part. I just thought you were leading into the mtDNA part.

I know what MTDNA says.  It doesn't necessarily say that we all came from one woman, but it certainly makes that entirely possible, doesn't it?  I have to hold you accountable to being as open as you say you are as I said I would.  Now, you have to admit that MTDNA DOES fall in line with creationist theory.  And there IS NO evidence that other lines died out as you theorize.

No, I don't have to admit that, because it doesn't fall in line with the creationist theory. Now, if you can provide some much more precise nuclear DNA, then maybe you got something.

Actually it's not clear who had the first writings.  I'll provide a BBC link in the next post.  Moses was around during the time of the Egyptians as you know.  No, the Egyptians weren't around during the flood.  (I thought you went to sunday school) :o  First the creation, then the flood, then the Egyptians.  About that time is when Moses was given the history to record. 

And actually, there is dispute as to whose writings came earlier - the Sumerians or the Egyptians.  I'll provide a BBC link in the next post

It doesn't matter which one came first, just that they were around. The Egyptians/Sumarians lived about 5500 years ago, and, as you say, the Earth was created around 6000 years ago. Seems like your god didn't give his first creation much of a chance. Its also not saying much for his perfection.

Read these.  Pretty strikingly similar to the Biblical account.

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html

Answer these questions. Did all those tribes live by water? (Yes) Did all those tribes know how to build boats? (Yes) Did all those regions probably flood? (Yes) I don't know though, reading some of them are very vague and they only provide sources for about 2 of them.

Don't evolutionists have the same problem, first of all?

No.

Actually, there were 8 men and women aboard the ark.  How quickly do you think they could reproduce?  In fact, our population rate at what it is today could easily have begun with 6 men and women who began reproducing 6 or 7 thousand years ago.

This is not right. One of the facts of life is death. Millions, if not billions, died during the Black Plagues, the Crusades, Holocaust, under Lenin's rule. That is what keeps the population down.

Here's a link on polystrate fossils. Hopefully this works.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~lindsay/creati...polystrate.html

Not a problem for evolution or an old Earth.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/polystrate/trees.html

From that link. Who do you mean be 'he'? This is not a creationist site. These anolies are found in scientific magazines. How can you write it off as inbreeding? And which ones? They're probably called anomalies because certain folk weren't supposed be around when other folk were according to evolutionary 'history'.

Please, show me where the dates these anomalies were found. I do not see them.