IGNORED

Creation in 6 literal Days

JIME

Creation: 6 Literal Days or Long periods of time  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How long was creation?

• Long periods of time. (Old Earth)
    • 6 Literal (24 hours) Days. (Young Earth)
    • I don't know.
    • It's not important to the cause of Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Then why was the punishment banishment?

The scripture says why: The banishment was so they could not eat of the tree of life in their fallen state. Observe.

21Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

But to the redeemed God has said:

Revelation 2:7

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

God did not want man to live forever in the flesh as a sinner, and since the tree of life could have done just that, had Adam eaten from it, God drove them out of the garden.

You are correct, sir! ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Observer of Dreams,

Here is my point, in Genesis Chapter 1 God talks about days begining before Day 4. The old Earth creationists think, that the days didn't start until day 4 because the sun wasn't created until day 4. If this is the case, then Day 4 in Genesis should say Day 1 not 4. making the Bible or Old earth creation a lie.

My Money is on the Bible as being the truth. therefore Old earth creation is a false doctrine.

Guest K.R.E.B.S

I just read this thread and from what I've read I have to agree with a young earth. Scripturally it's proven. I voted that it didn't matter how old the earth was because quite frankly, I really don't think it's matters but also, because I really didn't know...but now, I feel it had to be created in 7 days...of course, I'm not a scientists, so I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Blessings,

Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

If God created the world in 7 days, why did He feel it necessary to create a garden, that is, a safe haven from the world?

God didn't create the world in 7 days, He created the world in 6 days and then rested on day 7.

Then why was the punishment banishment?

Because the punishment for their sin was death and if they had access to the "Tree of Life" they would not die.

• Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  382
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

The point I want to make is that God uses His own way of measuring what a day is.

It is: And evening passed and morning came.

This statement is the measuring line that God uses to determine what a day is.

Every verse that speaks about a new day, is always qualified by this statement.

Genesis 1:5--God called the light "day" and the darkness "night." And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day.

Genesis 1:8--God called the space

Edited by JIME

Light!

Oh What A Wonder Is Jesus!

The Old (and groaning) Creation.....

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

"And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." (Genesis 1:3-5 )

The New (and rejoying) Creation.....

"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it." (Revelation 21:23-24 )

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." ( Revelation 22:17 )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Content Count:  7,841
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I personally believe that God created the world in 6 days.

I'm not too sure whether it was within the last 6 thousand years. I simply don't know enough to state conclusively. But I tend to lean towards it being a young earth.

But, yes....6 days.

He said so. That's good enough for me.

Cool Thread :huh:

Wade, you crack me up! :24:

I believe God can and will hide His Word (including Genesis 1) deep within the hearts of His Kids. :24:

At times in my life, I too waffled here and there over this scripture and that! :24:

But God (favorite phrase from Judges!) finally tracked this kid down and locked the Truth into his thick head and heart! :P

Continue to search the scriptures and to ask your Lord for understanding. :24:

This is among the coolest subjects to inquire into I think. :24:

Genises, Job and Ezekiel to name a few are God's time machine to the past! :24:

Another way cool subject is to look into the future! :24:

Take a ride forward on God's time machine in such books as Isaiah, Zechariah and Revelation to name a few! :P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Exodus 20:11

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Well there it is plain as day. My thinking has changed thank you whysoblind :emot-hug: