IGNORED

Creation in 6 literal Days

JIME

Creation: 6 Literal Days or Long periods of time  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How long was creation?

• Long periods of time. (Old Earth)
    • 6 Literal (24 hours) Days. (Young Earth)
    • I don't know.
    • It's not important to the cause of Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Gap theory Page 2

Problems with the Gap theory

A testimony of struggle

Pember

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gap theory Page 3.

It is generally acknowledged that the Hebrew word bara, used with

Gap theory page 4

Many adherents of the gap theory claim that the grammar of Genesis 1:1

Gap theory Page 5.

Tohu and bohu

These delightful words are usually translated

:noidea:

Thank You Brother Bob.

Amen! Amen! Amen!

The WORD Spoke!

The World Is!

Who are we that rile against Jesus, against The Truth!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"The same was in the beginning with God."

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.: (John 1:1-3)

Mt. St. Helens Explosion Gives Creation Evidence

Author: Bruce Malone

The foundational assumption of the creation model is that there has been a worldwide flood in the recent past. If this assumption is correct, there should be evidence for this event. A worldwide flood would have caused massive destruction of plant and animal life followed by a redeposition of this bio-matter and sediment. This bio-matter and sediment. This would result in enormous fossil beds at locations throughout the planet. This is what the fossil record reveals.

This article by Bruce Malone represents intellectual dishonesty at its finest. There is nothing, nothing at all in the fossil record to indicate any mass worldwide extinctions just 5000 to 6000 years ago.

The rest of the article continues on with the same types of intellectual dishonesty. This type of propaganda is not meant to fool the scientific community. It is meant to give well meaning individuals the impression that there is actually some scientific evidence supporting literal creation. If literal creationists actually had one iota of empiracle evidence to support there claims, they would submit them to a peer reviewed journal like the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the Journal Science, or Nature. In fact, such a submission would be heralded as one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time.

If you want to know what actual scientists think, then check out the position of the National Academy of Sciences on literal creationism.

http://www.nap.edu/html/creationism/

The National Academy of Sciences is one of the most well respected scientific organizations on earth.

Hi Forest,

Heres the thing, when I first got saved, I used to believe in old Earth Creation, because I didn't want to ruffle the feathers of those that believed in Billions of years. Then when I matured in Christ, I read What the Bible said for myself, and I stopped believing in Old Earth Creation. So the fact is I've already studied alot of what you are trying to get me to link over to. And after you read the scriptures, and see that they are true, all that Old Earth Science stuff just fades away. I have a peace in my heart that surpasses the understanding of science. And I have a home in Heaven with Jesus, I don't need anything else. Tell me forest what do you think about what waits on the other side of death?

I know what waits for me, because the Bible tells me, and I believe what it says.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

The question we should ask ourselves is just when did God create and make the "ENTIRE" material universe?

Simply, the Bible says that the heavens cannot be measured and the host of heaven cannot be counted (Jer. 31:37; 33:22-25). If this is true then the material universe is vast beyond conception, and as God has existed from all eternity it is also hard to concieve that He only decided a few millenniums ago to do something.

In answer to this question the Bible tells us that, "In the beginning [literally, by periods or ages] God created the heaven [Hebrew, heavens] and the earth," it does not say "Six thousand years ago God created the heavens and the earth," as is generally taught by man. Does anyone know just when the beginning was? If anyone does know, then they know more than God as revealed. If no one knows just when the beginning was then it stands to reason that we just do not know and therefore, we should not teach that the beginning was 6,000 years ago. As far as any man knows it could have been six billion years ago.

When we speak of the six days and the creation of the present life in Earth, we can speak with definate authority that it was 6,000 years ago. This can be seen by the lengths of the various dispensations since Adam.

Some teachers use Exodus 20:8-11; 31:17 to prove that the heavens and the Earth were created in the six days of Gen. 1:3-2:25, and therefore, that they were created about 6,000 years ago. However, nothing is said of the original creation of the heavens and the Earth in these passages. In these Scriptures the Hebrew, asah, meaning to make out of already existing material, is used instead of the word bara, to creat. These verses picture the re-creation work of the six days, and not the original creation "In the beginning." Asah never means to create.

Undoubtedly, God created and made the different parts of the material universe and each thing therein, using the same care as in the six days when He restored the planet Earth to a habitable state and made a new order of Earth creatures, after its destruction and ruin caused by the first war ever fought. This war was a cataclismic battle between God and Satan, when Lucifer invaded Heaven to cast God out. Satan was defeated and cast back down to the Earth, as is written in Isa. 14:12-14; Luke 10:18. This war was fought long before the days of Adam, for Lucifer was already a fallen creature when he came into Adams Eden. For an unknown period, there was an original social system on this Earth ruled by Lucifer as proved in (Isa. 14:12-14; 45:18; Jer. 4:23-26; Ezek. 28:11-17; 2 Pet. 3:5-7). Along with this origional social system there were land animals, birds, fish, and other creatures created, and they were destroyed in the flood of Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; 2 Pet. 3:5-7. It is to this period that all fossils and remains of animals belong, as well as geological formations of the Earth.

Between these original creation's of God, "In the beginning' and the creations of the six days, is revealed the rule of Lucifer on the earth for an unknown period, his rebellion against God, the Earth's first sinful career, the defeat of Lucifer by God, and the overthrow of his kingdom by the first recorded flood on the earth in Gen. 1:2. Lucifer was the first ruler on the earth and he already had his period of Earth rule and his fall by the time of Adam.

In the work of the six days, it is stated that God with His hands FORMED each of the living creatures and man out of the dust of the ground (Gen. 1:20-27; 2:7-25; Job 26:13; Rom. 9:20; 1 Tim. 2:13). It is not only clear that God created the heavens and the Earth and all things "In the beginning," or each in its own period, but it is also clear the God FORMED all things with His hands. God formed both light anddarkness (Isa. 24:7). He did not do this on the first day of Gen 1:3-5, for at that time He merely DIVIDED them. Therefore THEY MUST HAVE BEEN CREATED AND FORMED before the first day. It is also stated that God with His hands FORMED the Earth (Ps. 8:3, 6; 90:2; 95:5); the heavens (Ps. 8:3; 9:1; 102:25; Isa. 40:12; the planets (Ps.8:3; Isa. 40:26; 45:12; 48:13; Heb. 1:10) and all things (Prov. 26:10). From a study of all these Scriptures and those on the creation af all things, it is clear that by the Word of God the materials were brought into existence, and then by His hands God formed the materials into the various parts of the universe. That is, as God spoke, the materials came into existence and as fast as they materialized He used them to form all things with His hands. (Ps. 8:3; 2 Pet. 3:3-9; Prov. 26:10).

Judging from what was done by God in six days, it took God a long time to originnaly create or bring into existence the material and use it to form with His hands each sun, moon, star, planet, and each creature that inhabits the vast endless universe. God took one day to merly divide the light from the darkness on this little planet Earth. How much time He originally took to bring into existence all the light and darkness of the entire universe is not known, but evidently He took a longer time than one day. God took one day to divide the waters which covered the Earth and restore the firmament and took one day to restore the earth and set bounds to the seas, therefore He naturally took a much longer period to originally bring the materials into existence and form the waters, the firmament, and the earth with its many mountains and valleys. God took one day to complete solar regulation in connection with the restored Earth, but He evidently used a much longer period to originally bring into existence and formed with His own hands the vast heavens and all the suns, moons, stars, and planets that are without number. God took two days to form the fish, fowls, beasts,, man and woman. He naturally took a much longer period to originally creat and form each inhabitant of the vast heavens and the many animals and inhabitants who originally lived on the Earth during Lucifer's kingdom, long before the chaos of Gen 1:2 and the six days of Gen.1:3-2-25.

In other words, if God took six days to restore one little planet to a habitable state and form new inhabitants for the earth, He would naturally take a much longer time to originally create and form with His hands the vast universe with all of its innumerable suns and planets along with their inhabitants.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

You would think if our Lord needed to revise Genesis, He would have taken care of that when He was here for a personal visit 2000 years ago. Must be okay as is! :verkle:

"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever." (Psalm 146:5-6)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

2 Peter 3:4-6

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: (KJV)

:emot-hug: Hmmmmm? :emot-hug: Willingly are ignorant of: :whistling: I know!!!!! DUMB ON PURPOSE!!!!!!

Romans 1:20-22

20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities