IGNORED

Sabbath on saturday or sunday?

Observer of dreams

Guest DYChowmah
I hate to waste more time with you but when you say we are required to keep the 10 commandments before we receive the Holy Spirit that tells me all I need to know. You are in a cult. Sorry but you are not a Christian if that is your hope for Heaven. The gospel is the good news of Christ, not the bad news of keeping the law. Repent and believe.

sw

St Worm says

I hate to waste more time with you but when you say we are required to keep the 10 commandments before we receive the Holy Spirit that tells me all I need to know. You are in a cult.

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; WHOM THE WORLD CANNOT RECEIVE, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

As you can clearly see from the above scripture i didnt say that. Im only passing on what ive found in the scriptures. The scriptures say that. Not me. If you dont like whats written in the scriptures, take it up with the Word of God. Not me. I understand your anger. Youve been taught by ravenous wolves, by roaring lions. Dont be angry. Theres still time. Turn from the 1 liners youve been taught and follow the Word. Dont let them make merchandise of you.

Guest DYChowmah

I have captioned the part of your statement that ends this discussion for me. See ya,

sw

Isaiah 30:15-17

For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. [16] But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift. [17] One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and as an ensign on an hill.

Bye bye st Worm

It was nice talkin to ya. I kinda already knew you would flee after seeing scriptures out of the bible which talk of Gods rest.

This baiting is what usually leads to arguments and getting threads closed,

Think about what youve just said Scarletprayer. You accuse me of baiting, which you say leads to arguments. I posted those scriptures AFTER st Worm said he was leaving this thread. How can arguments happen between me and him if hes left this thread? Ill wait patiently for your answer.

Oh so now your baiting me......................... :21: good luck with that!

I guess i really dont understand this "baiting" thing

Are you trying to get this thread closed for some reason?

Edited by DYChowmah

Guest DYChowmah

Baiting? I pointed to scripture and confessed i believed what was written in that scripture. If you want to call posting my belief in the scriptures baiting, i suppose you can do that. Its a free country. Have a good day Scarletprayer.

Shalom DY,

Don't fret, I agree with you. And believe me, you are better off! Some people on this board can be very, very nasty and vicious just because we see things differently! Some people, even invent things not said in the discussion and accuse you of saying them! And some Christians are very anti-semitic (don't like the Jews) and refuse to acknowledge the worth of the OT!!!!

Can you believe that?? :21:

Anyway, thanks to you and JD for the good and gracious discussion about the Sabbath, and for what it's worth, I totally agree that the Sabbath is the 7th day and it's a lovely, beautiful observance and glorifies Jesus! That is why we do it.

The thing is Vickilynn

I do fret about it. If i didnt truly believe what was written in the Word, i couldnt and wouldnt do what i do. Its agonizing to have people call you names and say things like,you belong to a cult. I would simply love all believers to come together of 1 belief. If that were to happen, could you imagine the power we would have, with Jesus as our leader. Unfortunatly the "many" have been blinded. The new testament said this would happen so i guess ill have to live with it. I wish ALL would be saved. But...i guess that aint gonna happen. I have my doubts about myself being saved. The law is quite easy to follow but the testimony of Jesus is not. Look at a pretty woman to long. Have you committed adultry in your heart? Ask David. Well Vickilynn, i guess i rambled on long enough. I hope we both find what we are looking for as its the only thing worth looking for.

As i reread what ive written i wanted to add one thing. There will be a gift given. One we do not deserve. Will this gift be given to them who do not obey "the voice" or them that try to obey "the voice"? The "voice" will return on the "Day of the Lord". PLEASE READ THE SCRIPTURES.

Edited by DYChowmah

Guest DYChowmah

In post 167 i brought up ravenous wolves and roaring lions. I suppose i should explain as they are the ones which created this mess

1 PETER 5 [8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a ROARING LION, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

This scripture says the devil is as a ROARING LION. And we as new testament believers are to watch out for these bad guys.

MATT.7 [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are RAVENING WOLVES.

And the above scripture says we are to beware of false these prophets. They are RAVENING WOLVES. Also implied here is that

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to waste more time with you but when you say we are required to keep the 10 commandments before we receive the Holy Spirit that tells me all I need to know. You are in a cult. Sorry but you are not a Christian if that is your hope for Heaven. The gospel is the good news of Christ, not the bad news of keeping the law. Repent and believe.

sw

St Worm says

I hate to waste more time with you but when you say we are required to keep the 10 commandments before we receive the Holy Spirit that tells me all I need to know. You are in a cult.

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; WHOM THE WORLD CANNOT RECEIVE, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

As you can clearly see from the above scripture i didnt say that. Im only passing on what ive found in the scriptures. The scriptures say that. Not me. If you dont like whats written in the scriptures, take it up with the Word of God. Not me. I understand your anger. Youve been taught by ravenous wolves, by roaring lions. Dont be angry. Theres still time. Turn from the 1 liners youve been taught and follow the Word. Dont let them make merchandise of you.

Warning! Warning! Nutter alert!

:rolleyes:

Okay, this just went into the rude and mean side of things now, sw I think this was terribly unnecessary.

I disagree my friend. Read what this character is pushing in the guise of Christianity. He deserves to be hooted off the stage before some weak fish buys into it and loses their soul.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Okay, this just went into the rude and mean side of things now, sw I think this was terribly unnecessary.

I disagree my friend. Read what this character is pushing in the guise of Christianity. He deserves to be hooted off the stage before some weak fish buys into it and loses their soul.

sw

Well, we will have to disagree on this one sw, there is a way to make a point without turning it into a free for all.

sw

Well, we will have to disagree on this one sw, there is a way to make a point without turning it into a free for all.

There are times that require serious debate and there are times that require humor and humiliation. That poster does not deserve serious consideration in my view. An Islamist pushing his religion here poses less of a threat than he does. At least you know where he is coming from. A cultist that uses Christian terms can deceive new believers and that is the real danger he brings.

sw

Guest DYChowmah

Ok sw

Heres the scripture your so upset with

I say it says what it says and in your mind that makes me a cultist. What do you say it says. I hope someone doesnt call this baiting. Its debating.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

I don't know why some people here call the Sabbath as some kind of burden? To me, it is the best day of the week that I look forward to. I rest from my daily labour, worship God, fellowship with Christian brothers and sisters, and even have pot luck lunch after the church services. Does this sound like a type of "Old Testament yoke of burden"? I think not! :21:

Shalom JD,

Amen, we LOVE our Sabbath observances at home! The kids and the hubby look forward to it all week and it is very special. We try to have guests over as well. Even the 7-year old knows why we observe and that is to honor Jesus and His Word.

We also go to church on Sunday and that makes it awesome! Sabbath on Friday night / Saturday and then church on Sunday. :21:

Hi Vickilynn,

In the way you just stated you observe the sabbath as a Christian I whould not have a problem agreeing with its ok to do.And I whould also be able to do it myself as a Christian because I have done it once in a previous Church I attended. We sported a Jewish Missionary from N.Y. City who ministered to the Jewish people in that area and he preached one night at at our Church and we celebrated the passover together as he explained it. And if a Jew asked me to celebrate the passover with him I whould in order to be a good testimony to him.But I just don't see the need to practice on a regular basis as a N.T. Christian.

I have learned something today from this post, don't jump to conclusions about where you might think some one is at theologically till you know them better.