Observer of dreams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know why some people here call the Sabbath as some kind of burden? To me, it is the best day of the week that I look forward to. I rest from my daily labour, worship God, fellowship with Christian brothers and sisters, and even have pot luck lunch after the church services. Does this sound like a type of "Old Testament yoke of burden"? I think not! :thumbsup:

Shalom JD,

Amen, we LOVE our Sabbath observances at home! The kids and the hubby look forward to it all week and it is very special. We try to have guests over as well. Even the 7-year old knows why we observe and that is to honor Jesus and His Word.

We also go to church on Sunday and that makes it awesome! Sabbath on Friday night / Saturday and then church on Sunday. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

No. You are completely ignoring the New Testament including the passage I supplied. Get off your high horse and discuss instead of sounding like a parrot. The 10 Commandments in the OT biblical form were not given to Christians or even Old Testament Gentiles. There is no requirement for Christians to keep a Saturday Sabbath.

sw

Shalom Sw,

You are SO funny! :P:24::3:

You don't hear very well do you? You also don't read very well, for you are inventing things I've never said. Please, I challenge you to produce ONE post where I ever said Christians are required to keep a Saturday Sabbath. Just one. Go ahead. You owe me an apology, but I won't hold my breath! :24::24:

And YOU are completely ignoring the words of Jesus which says that He did not come to abolish the Law. How you can get around that I have no idea, but I'll take Jesus' words rather than yours.

The 10 Commandments stand. They were never rescinded. You need to understand the WHOLE counsel of G-d is found in His Word, from Genesis to Revelation. Some Christians, perhaps like yourself, like to try to disregard the OT, but G-d does not. It is ALL His Word, and ALL Scripture is beneficial. Below Paul talks to Timothy about the "sacred writings." You think that was the NT? Not hardly!!! :24:

2 Timothy 3:

14 But as for you,continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

And I like parrots. I also like horses, high or low. They are cool. :emot-questioned:

The Old Testament law regarding the Sabbath which you insist on adhering to requires Saturday worship. How do you justify changing that from Saturday to some other day? Do you now pick your own Sabbath Day?

sw :thumbsup:

The Old Testament law regarding the Sabbath which you insist on adhering to requires Saturday worship. How do you justify changing that from Saturday to some other day? Do you now pick your own Sabbath Day?

Shalom Sw,

Sorry dear, you've gone out in left field. :emot-questioned::thumbsup:

WHAT are you talking about? Please clarify your questions.

Shalom Sw,

Sorry dear, you've gone out in left field. :emot-questioned::thumbsup:

WHAT are you talking about? Please clarify your questions.

I'VE gone out in left field??

You keep saying we must follow the Old Testament law about the Sabbath. That Sabbath is clearly a Saturday Sabbath. Now you say you don't worship on Saturday. You are the one that needs to clarify dear soul.

sw

Shalom SW,

Why yes, you have. You're inventing things and saying I said them. Are you talking to aliens?? :P

You keep saying we must follow the Old Testament law about the Sabbath.

I challenged you in my last post to stop bearing false witness (which is a sin) and PROVE by producing ONE post where I said you or anyone else is required, or "must follow" the OT law about Sabbath. It is a lie SW. Now instead of apologizing, you add to the sin by repeating the lie. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Very bad indeed.

So, I challenge you to produce ONE post where I said keeping the Sabbath was required for Christians. Otherwise, everyone will know that you have made false accusations that you can't back up. You really don't want that getting out, now do you?? :24:

You can apologize any time now. :emot-questioned:

You keep saying we must follow the Old Testament law about the Sabbath. That Sabbath is clearly a Saturday Sabbath. Now you say you don't worship on Saturday. You are the one that needs to clarify dear soul.

Oh honey, of course I will clarify, since you asked so nicely (HA!)

#1. I never said Christians MUST follow OT laws about the Sabbath. That is a lie. You really should repent of this sin of lying and bearing false witness. :thumbsup:

#2. Yes, The Sabbath is clearly Saturday according to the Scriptures.

#3. The Biblical day starts at sundown, so Saturday ACTUALLY starts on our Friday night. We started celebrating this evening, as it is the Sabbath. It runs until Saturday at sundown.

#4. I never said we don't worship on the Sabbath. Are you talking to aliens again sweetie? :24:

#5. We DO worship on the Sabbath, as we believe in our family that the Bible says we are to, in Jesus. BUT, worship does not always include going to church. We observe the Sabbath at home.

#6. We go to church any day of the week, because there is no Scriptural mandate not to. These gatherings are examples of NT meetings (Acts) and are wonderful for fellowship and building the faith. They, IN NO WAY conflict with, or replace the Sabbath.

We do not go to church on the Sabbath. We go to church on Sunday, the 1st day of the week.

#7. No, I didn't change the Sabbath. (One cannot change G-d's Sabbath, it remains on Saturday).

And no, I didn't pick any day as the Sabbath. We observe it according to the Scriptures, on the 7th day.

Any more questions, dear heart? :3:

I hope this can be the beginning of a beautiful friendship! :emot-questioned:

Shalom JD,

Of course! Now, we won't always agree on everything, including the Sabbath, but we are Brother and Sister in Messiah and that counts for a lot! :thumbsup:

Shalom SW,

Why yes, you have. You're inventing things and saying I said them. Are you talking to aliens?? :P

You keep saying we must follow the Old Testament law about the Sabbath.

I challenged you in my last post to stop bearing false witness (which is a sin) and PROVE by producing ONE post where I said you or anyone else is required, or "must follow" the OT law about Sabbath. It is a lie SW. Now instead of apologizing, you add to the sin by repeating the lie. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Very bad indeed.

So, I challenge you to produce ONE post where I said keeping the Sabbath was required for Christians. Otherwise, everyone will know that you have made false accusations that you can't back up. You really don't want that getting out, now do you?? :24:

So

You can apologize any time now. :emot-questioned:

Oh honey, of course I will clarify, since you asked so nicely (HA!)

#1. I never said Christians MUST follow OT laws about the Sabbath. That is a lie. You really should repent of this sin of lying and bearing false witness. :thumbsup:

#2. Yes, The Sabbath is clearly Saturday according to the Scriptures.

#3. The Biblical day starts at sundown, so Saturday ACTUALLY starts on our Friday night. We started celebrating this evening, as it is the Sabbath. It runs until Saturday at sundown.

#4. I never said we don't worship on the Sabbath. Are you talking to aliens again sweetie? :24:

#5. We DO worship on the Sabbath, as we believe in our family that the Bible says we are to, in Jesus. BUT, worship does not always include going to church. We observe the Sabbath at home.

#6. We go to church any day of the week, because there is no Scriptural mandate not to. These gatherings are examples of NT meetings (Acts) and are wonderful for fellowship and building the faith. They, IN NO WAY conflict with, or replace the Sabbath.

We do not go to church on the Sabbath. We go to church on Sunday, the 1st day of the week.

#7. No, I didn't change the Sabbath. (One cannot change G-d's Sabbath, it remains on Saturday).

And no, I didn't pick any day as the Sabbath. We observe it according to the Scriptures, on the 7th day.

Any more questions, dear heart? :3:

If anyone can make any sense at all out of her postings in this thread including the most recent one please let me know. I pretty much gave up after this gem:

#3. The Biblical day starts at sundown, so Saturday ACTUALLY starts on our Friday night

Sorry but Friday is Friday and Saturday is Saturday. Saturday does not start Friday for most of us. To answer your sarcasm, yes, it may be possible that I am talking with an alien.

sw

If anyone can make any sense at all out of her postings in this thread including the most recent one please let me know. I pretty much gave up after this gem:

#3. The Biblical day starts at sundown, so Saturday ACTUALLY starts on our Friday night

Shalom SW,

So you are not aware that a BIBLICAL day starts the evening before, at sundown? Better do some reading up, m'boy.

Check it out. Don't take my word for it.

Sorry but Friday is Friday and Saturday is Saturday. Saturday does not start Friday for most of us.

Sorry back to you, but you are dead wrong. You are not going by the BIBLICAL day. Saturday starts at sundown on Friday night. Check it out. You can add that apology to the lies you're saying.

To answer your sarcasm, yes, it may be possible that I am talking with an alien.

And dear SW, you are wrong again, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I was having some light-hearted back-and-forth with you because you get so worked up and all mad and all. :emot-questioned:

But, I see you have no sense of humor, so I'll refrain from having fun with you.

Anyway, I dare you. Do some REAL research and find out when the BIBLICAL day begins.

Shalom SW,

Here, let me help you.

BIBLE:

Genesis 1:

3And God said,) "Let there be light," and there was light. 4And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. *From evening to morning, the first DAY.

Leviticus 23:32

32 It shall be to you a Sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict yourselves. On the ninth day of the month beginning at evening, from evening to evening shall you keep your Sabbath." *From evening to evening, the Sabbath.

People came to Jesus after the Sabbath, when the NEW DAY started

Mark 1

21:

And they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath he entered the synagogue and was teaching. 22And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes.

32 That evening at sundown they brought to him all who were sick or oppressed by demons.

Luke 4:

31 And he went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee. And he was teaching them on the Sabbath,

40 Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to him, and he laid his hands on every one of them and healed them.

Shalom SW,

So you are not aware that a BIBLICAL day starts the evening before, at sundown? Better do some reading up, m'boy.

Check it out. Don't take my word for it.

Sorry but Friday is Friday and Saturday is Saturday. Saturday does not start Friday for most of us.

Sorry back to you, but you are dead wrong. You are not going by the BIBLICAL day. Saturday starts at sundown on Friday night. Check it out. You can add that apology to the lies you're saying.

To answer your sarcasm, yes, it may be possible that I am talking with an alien.

And dear SW, you are wrong again, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I was having some light-hearted back-and-forth with you because you get so worked up and all mad and all. :emot-questioned:

But, I see you have no sense of humor, so I'll refrain from having fun with you.

Anyway, I dare you. Do some REAL research and find out when the BIBLICAL day begins.

Sorry there is no such thing as a "biblical day". That is where you are confused. You are trying to follow the Jewish method of keeping track of days. Big deal.

Also I am not "worked up" at all so is who bearing false witness now?

sw