Liquid Truth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How many times have you seen a Christian who has done a lot of reading of another mans theology, and then expounds on it as if it is his own God given revilation?

Like some one studying Calvinism and going about teaching it as if God gave it directly to them....................or maybe studying Spurgeons insights and blurting them out like they are your own?

Many times I come across men/women who have spent years in a bible college. They have all the doctrines memorized, and can recite versus and theological statements like a tape recorder.

But what I see is that they have not spent time with the Lord enough to develope their own theology. It's all memorization of some one elses chewed up doctrine.

God gave us his Word with the intention that we spend personal time with him to gather revilation. Then we share with others what God has taught us. That is what fellowship is.

One sad thing I see with this artificial gathering of theology is that these people know a lot about God, but they don't know him.

God never intended his word to be used like that.

We need our own theology derived from meditation on his Word according to what is going on in our personal lives. That is time well spent. Studying what someone else has layed out is of little profit.

I'm a married man with three boys and two dogs, I work a very hard blue callor job, my parents are still around but not married, I have brothers and sisters. One brother is a rock star. All of these things make up who and what I am.

God has special wisdom for me and my circumstances. If I spend a lot of time studying some one elses theology, I  will not attain the wisdom I need for my family and the circumstances.

Does anyone want to discuss what it means to develope a personal theology? Maybe share what God has given you as it pertains to your life? :exclaimation:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

You know, I've been a Christian for years. But all I do is read the Bible and try to be like Jesus. I've never studied calvinism or any of the "ism"s--I think doctrine muddies up waters that are actually pretty clear if it's kept simple.

Granted, some things are open to interpretation. But salvation does not hinge on those things. What our salvation hangs on is Christ, and it's very clear what we are to do and how we are saved! :thumb:

• Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

But what I see is that they have not spent time with the Lord enough to develope their own theology. It's all memorization of some one elses chewed up doctrine.
That's sort of like saying that someone hadn't spent enough time studying mathematics to develop their own math, and instead does nothing but expound ideas developed by Euclid or Pythagorus as though they were their own.

The fact is that theology is, or should be, no more subjective than mathematics.

Orangeneck,

the logic you use in comparisons of spiritual concepts to mathmatics is exactly what I am speaking against.

You do need to discover the Father, Son and Holy Ghost for yourself. You do need to discover who Jesus really is, and it's not like inventing a wheel. Jesus said come and lets reason together...............That is exactly what you and every Christian needs to do.

You can know a lot about God and not know him, and most of  the time those who know a lot of those layed out doctrines and theologies are really week in their walk with the Lord.

You asked for a starting point :lightbulb:

Well here's one, Gods grace! It's not a doctrine.

Beautiful love

I was going to wait a while to bring this one up, but I think I shall right now..............

Pilot once asked Jesus "they say you are king of the jews, is this true?"

Jesus replied, "whom do you say that I am?"

That is the question. you can say that this mans theology says Jesus is Lord, but whom do you say that he is?

Pilot knew of Jesus, but didn't *know him* and that is what Jesus was saying to Pilot. Basically Jesus was saying to Pilot, you don't know who I am do you? You've heard things but you don't know me personally.

Can you imagine! God standing before you in the flesh and asking you whom do you say that I am? And you not knowing him!

That is what happens to those who indulge themselves in too much theology and doctrine, instead of reading Gods Words to get to know him personally.

Beautiful love :exclaimation:

• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

2 John 1:9 - Any one who goes ahead and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God; he who abides in the doctrine has both the Father and the Son.  

2 John 1:10 - If any one comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into the house or give him any greeting;  

Titus 2:1 - But as for you, teach what befits sound doctrine.  

Romans 16:17 - I appeal to you, brethren, to take note of those who create dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine which you have been taught; avoid them. .

Ephesians 4:14 - so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.  

1 Timothy 1:3 - As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine,  

1 Timothy 1:10 - immoral persons, sodomites, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,  

1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by giving heed to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,  

1 Timothy 4:6 - If you put these instructions before the brethren, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished on the words of the faith and of the good doctrine which you have followed.

Titus 1:9 - he must hold firm to the sure word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to confute those who contradict it.

How many times have you seen a Christian who has done a lot of reading of another mans theology, and then expounds on it as if it is his own God given revilation?

Like some one studying Calvinism and going about teaching it as if God gave it directly to them....................or maybe studying Spurgeons insights and blurting them out like they are your own?

Many times I come across men/women who have spent years in a bible college. They have all the doctrines memorized, and can recite versus and theological statements like a tape recorder.

God gave us his Word with the intention that we spend personal time with him to gather revilation. Then we share with others what God has taught us. That is what fellowship is.

One sad thing I see with this artificial gathering of theology is that these people know a lot about God, but they don't know him.

God never intended his word to be used like that.

We need our own theology derived from meditation on his Word according to what is going on in our personal lives. That is time well spent. Studying what someone else has layed out is of little profit.

I'm a married man with three boys and two dogs, I work a very hard blue callor job, my parents are still around but not married, I have brothers and sisters. One brother is a rock star. All of these things make up who and what I am.

God has special wisdom for me and my circumstances. If I spend a lot of time studying some one elses theology, I

I think I know what you are trying to say  but, you have to understand one thing with out the Holy Spirit no one can believe Liquid Truth. Let

Nope, never been here before this week. Iv'e had this same screen name for years.

As far as Trinity goes, I never see Paul talking about the doctrine of the trinity. I see where there are words about the Father Son and Holy Spirit, and they are one, yet different persons......................how can we understand all that? But man tries to by developing this *doctrine of trinity*..................I think we should just stick to the Word.

And Grace, did you know Gods grace is not a doctrine? Oh but they have their doctrines on Gods grace.............they try to understand, yet they are blind.

Sound doctrine is something so out of our ability to truelly understand that it takes revilation in the Spirit to see it. Discernment to really know it.

Anyone, even an Athiest can understand these layed out doctrines we have created, but to see sound doctrine, in the Spirit, takes faith in Jesus, and knowing him personally.

If we bow down before a sound doctrine we can actually abandon the truth of the Spirit.

beautiful love

OK let me get this straight you are saying that you do not believe in the Trinity are you a oneness Pentecostal. And I thought you said that you used to attend a Calvary chapel, they surely believe in the Trinity.  So far since you have been here liquid, 90% of the stuff you are saying is contradicting the word of God. So what you are saying that 2000 years of Christianity has been wrong and that you are the correct one. ? Give me a break my friend. The trinity is in the bible just like I said in my other post some truths only the Holy Spirit will reveal it to you. With out believing in the trinity you will have a wrong concept of God. Answer this to me please. Who is the Holy Spirit to you! Who is Jesus to you! And who is God the father to you! Please answer if they are God to you or not. And if they are God to you please explain why or why not. God Bless