IGNORED

Should obesity, smoking, make you a 2nd class citizen?

buckthesystem

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Don't worry, nothing's personal. I agree with most of what you said: if the government's doing something wrong, then we sure as heck don't have to encourage it. If something's doing fine, don't get the government involved. However, if there's a problem, they're legally entitled to stick their fingers in and try to get it working again. We live in a pagan world, and they're gonna mess up. It happens. *shrug* I don't run the government and I can't control what they do. (As much as I would like to boot our state's curent rep >_>)

But in any case, God does tell us to submit to the government. Tidus 3:1-- "Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good." It doen't say, "They should be obedient, doing whatever the government says." We've gotta let them do their jobs, but if it's contradicting God's word, forget it. God is superior to man.

God placed every government leader in power, including Saddam. Why? I have no idea. Do I like it? No way. Do I think He did it for a reason? Yes. Do I know that reason? No. What he did contradicted God's word, and the US got involved and he was hung yesterday. I don't know why it had to happen, but it happened. I'll voluntarily withdraw my opinion if anyone can show me a Bible verse... I'd rather not be spouting nonsense; I'd just like to know why it's nonsense if it is.

God Bless

Akiko

to the person that kinda compared healthcare for meth addicts to healthcare for smokers.

meth is ILLEGAL. when smoking becomes an illegal activity, then your comparison might be valid. but to deny someone healthcare on the basis of them choosing a lifestyle that is LEGAL would be wrong on all counts.

now just a random thought that isn't directed at anyone:

i bet the government would never consider dropping publically funded healthcare for abortions or std's like aids, HPV, chlamydia, would they? yet those things most often occur as a result of making unwise and very high risk choices, and put millions of other people at risk every year.