• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

From Iryssa,

I can't say that I know anyone who is either, but then, I haven't really been looking that hard. I was merely trying to point out that you'll need a stronger argument than the couple of examples you presented.

Sorry ,sis, I'm, actually not looking for arguments. I merely stated things how I see them. Or should I say the way the word presents itself to me from my own perspective. Nobody has to agree if they don't wish to. As for my friends, maybe you are right and the Lord did only call them out for a season, but I never intended to make it sound as if they are false teachers. In fact two of them were the best teachers I've sat under.

Well I won't mention anything about these post modern preachers and the emergent churches, there's been plenty of discussions on these boards (WB) and some others. Once again my own definition of them doesn't really matter.

Iryssa, have a good day in the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

From Iryssa,

I can't say that I know anyone who is either, but then, I haven't really been looking that hard. I was merely trying to point out that you'll need a stronger argument than the couple of examples you presented.

Sorry ,sis, I'm, actually not looking for arguments. I merely stated things how I see them. Or should I say the way the word presents itself to me from my own perspective. Nobody has to agree if they don't wish to. As for my friends, maybe you are right and the Lord did only call them out for a season, but I never intended to make it sound as if they are false teachers. In fact two of them were the best teachers I've sat under.

Sorry...shoulda chosen a better word. I don't mean "argument" in the dirty word sense it tends to be...I just mean it in the "reasoning" sense.

Well I won't mention anything about these post modern preachers and the emergent churches, there's been plenty of discussions on these boards (WB) and some others. Once again my own definition of them doesn't really matter.

Iryssa, have a good day in the Lord.

Nighttime here, but you too! :taped:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Today the devil is counterfeiting everything that Christ has done. He is setting up his own apostles who are preparing the way for 'anti-christ', Satan's version of christ, the false christ.

2co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

There are 12 apostles, who sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel, yes even those who are grafted into Israel. Paul is one of the 12. Their names are written on the 12 foundations of the 'New Jerusalem'.

We don't need more 'Apostles', what we need is people who will follow the Apostles who followed Jesus, who will live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God as they did. We have the indwelling Holy Spirit to teach us all things, what else do we need.

God bless,

Dennis

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

That is in reference to the first aposles!

"Therefore it is necessary to choose"

Nope, they're talking about the man they will choose. :24: The only qjualification for the 12, was that Jesus personally chose them.

Steve

There is a spiritual gift of apostle

Oh yeah, :24: and the apostolate is an office, not a gift.

Steve

He is setting up his own apostles who are preparing the way for 'anti-christ',

Well, I wouldn't quite go that far. :24: Seems to me that most such people are more misguided than evil.

Steve

this passage was in reference to the apointment of one particular apostle. It is not a qualification for the office of apostle.

Then what are the general qualifications for an apostle? :24:

Steve

The same as a Bishop.

Is that in Scripture somewhere? :wub:

Steve

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The same as a Bishop.

Is that in Scripture somewhere? :21:

Steve

Yes, it is the common sense application of Scripture. The Office of Apostle was laid out as being a new testament office. I Cor 12: 28-31. It was established as neccessary for the Church, not "neccessary only for the first generation of the church."

Romans 1:1 along with many other scriptures establishes that Paul was an apostle. Paul does not meet the Acts 1 criteria for apostleship. Revelation 18:20 is most obviously talking about more than 12 apostles. Later in the chapter we see 12 aposltle reference, but not here. Since scripturaly we can show that the qualification placed on Mathias was not the qualification for all apostles, (Paul does not meet it) we have no absolute scriptural guideline to fall back on. Since the office of Apostle is merely the office of Pastor/bishop on a large scale, it is quite correct to apply the qualification of pastor/bishop to apostle. An apostle is the Pastor/biship of a large group of churches, not just one church.

Yes! :wub:

1- Paul does not meet the Acts 1 criteria for apostleship.

2- Revelation 18:20 is most obviously talking about more than 12 apostles.

3- we have no absolute scriptural guideline to fall back on.

4- An apostle is the Pastor/biship of a large group of churches, not just one church

1- Perhaps because there were no humans involved in his selection?

2- Which says nothing about the continuation of the office into modern times.

3- Hence, the danger in making dogmatic conclusions out of silence.

4- Was that the function of apostles in the Bible? :wub: I looked, and I can't see it.

Steve