• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

rmj7:

No Faith, I don't have the lyrics to whatever song you guys are talkin about. It must be one of those "old" folk songs. He he...

Hey you little wipper snapper a.k.a rmj7 just who you calling old huh! I might have to get one of RGR's pies and throw @ u :P:P:P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Just say the word Ms. Faith and I'll link you to my pies! (may be tonight, though!)

Hey Faith1 ! :P

I believe, that if you go looking it might open doors for destruction. I don't mean close your eyes to everyone that comes your way, just don't have your main goal as looking for a mate. Seek God first, and He will bring the right guy along for your.

Pray and ask God for the guy you need, one that will meet your needs that will have grace and love towards you and your children. Our Heavenly Father will provide, for all your needs.

Just use God's wisdom, start looking at some books on the subject, of Christians finding the right mate, and definately seek out the scriptures that teach on love, and relationships.

May you find the strength you need from Jesus, on this journey! We've all been there! :P

And, because God forgives us, please don't feel guilty or ashamed about divorce and remarriage!

:P

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hey Guys,

Sheeeeeesh I might be warmin to ol'e Hank, I kinda like the sound of that 'Beyond the Sunset'  :P the Lord has always told me I have to keep an open  mind... :D can one of ya post the words for me? thx

Oh dear Oh my  :P did I just actually ask for the words to one of HANKS songs?  :x: I am surely losin the plot hahahaha  :P

Hi Faith, here are the words to

beyond the sunset

(Spoken lyrics)

Should you go first and I remain

To walk the road alone

I'll live in memories garden dear

with happy days we've known

In spring I'll wait for roses red

when fades the lilacs bloom

and in early fall when brown leaves fall

I'll catch a glimpse of you

For battles to be fought

Each thing you've touched along the way

will be a hollow spot

I'll hear your voice, I'll see your smile

Though blindly I may grope

The memory of your helping hand

Will buoy me on with Hope

(Lyrics sung)

Beyond the sunset

Oh blissful morning

When with our Savior

Heaven is begun

Earths toiling ended

Oh glorious dawning

Beyond the sunset

When day is done

(spoken)

To finish with the scroll

No lessening shadows shall ever creep in

To make this life seem droll

We've known so much of happiness

We've had our cup of joy

And memory is one gift of God

That death cannot destroy

I want to know each step you take

That I may walk the same

For someday down that lonely road

You'll hear me call your name

Should you go first and I ramain

One thing I'll have you do

walk slowly down that long long path

For soon I'll follow you

(sung)

In that fair homeland

We'll know no parting

Beyond the sunset

For ever more

Hey Guys,

Sheeeeeesh I might be warmin to ol'e Hank, I kinda like the sound of that 'Beyond the Sunset'

Hey Faith1 ! :P

I believe, that if you go looking it might open doors for destruction. I don't mean close your eyes to everyone that comes your way, just don't have your main goal as looking for a mate. Seek God first, and He will bring the right guy along for your.

Pray and ask God for the guy you need, one that will meet your needs that will have grace and love towards you and your children. Our Heavenly Father will provide, for all your needs.

Just use God's wisdom, start looking at some books on the subject, of Christians finding the right mate, and definately seek out the scriptures that teach on love, and relationships.

May you find the strength you need from Jesus, on this journey! We've all been there! :P

And, because God forgives us, please don't feel guilty or ashamed about divorce and remarriage!

:D

Hi Evy,

Thanks a bunch for your post and advice. Yes I think looking to hard may cause prob's as well, but I see no harm in peeking LOL, it's all abit fun on the board right now with me 'looking for a man' :P even though I am serious about it I'm not consumed with it my every waking hour tho it may seem like that when I have fun with my friends on WB about it and they tease me.

I do not feel guilty or ashamed about divorce or remarriage at all. I have worked through that one with the Lord. I am free in Him to 'move and have my being' Amen.

I know there are some Christians who are against divorce and re-marriage and of course divorce is not the thing to do, however, sometimes these things just have to be. I respect other peoples beliefs as I hope they will respect mine!

Thanks again Evy :P

And watch out for low flying pies K :t2: I've had a couple in my face :t2:

Blessings

Faith1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

No problem sis,

I also found a picture of your Whangari Falls and posted it in the "Just Me" thread, it definately looks serene!

JIG2 - Yes I saw my falls brother, and you are right ther are very serene I posted to you in the thread, I'm going for a walk again to the Falls this evening... :P

Bless Ya!

F1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

And who said miracles have ceased? Faith liking Hank! Now we can't go for just one song, you have to go for that feel of being right there with him in concert:

Hankwilliams.jpg

Okay everyone who wants to give me some advice, although I have had some great advice from 2 wonderful sisters in Christ, but more would be kinda interesting.

I am not made to be alone I have acepted that fact now, just as I said to the Lord after my first child was born "Okay that's it, it's to painful no more kids Lord' now 3 kids later....lol

Same thing I said after my marrige break up no more Lord I wanna be on my own it's to painful - yeah sure so my question is what are the right and biblical ways of finding that right person God would have you be with?

I know there maybe some here that are against remarriage and that's okay but I am not! so having said that...

Yes I have prayed about this - yes I realize the Lord will bring him (whoever he is) along in His time...but is it wrong to go looking?

So that is basically my question here!

Is it wrong to go looking for that right guy or should one just sit and wait for God to just drop him into my life?

What do you all think?

Thanks

Faith1

faith, i haven't read any of the responses to your question, i just wanted to respond. i've been in your shoes, and i'm sure alot of others here have been also.

after ten years of being a single mom (divorced), i was ready to find someone to spend my life with. i won't go into all the lengthy details, but i had well meaning church friends telling me that i needed to make a list of qualities i wanted in a man, and pray that God would bring me someone with all those qualities.

well, i knew that my own criteria had brought me many relationships that were destined to fail over ten years. so instead of following everyone's advice, i just made it real simple.

i told God i was tired of raising the kids by myself, and asked God to bring me HIS very best for me and my kids, and i'd simply trust His judgement. and then i pushed my luck... i didn't make demands, i just added "it'd really be nice if you'd bring him by spring... may would be nice".

on the last day of may, six months after that prayer, God did bring me His very best for me. we got married 7 months later.

so the moral of the story is.... well, you get the moral of the story! you don't have to go "looking", because chances are you'll be looking with your own criteria, because you don't know what God's criteria is. so yeah, waiting for God to bring him along is your best bet... but that doesn't mean you can't ask God to bring him soon!