• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Well said, Pixy *grin*

What does a women want from a man when he is looking for a wife?

She wants you to be you.

If she doesn't like you for who you are, why would you want to spend the rest of your life with her?

Been down that road.....doesn't work.

Be yourself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

nevermind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Okay, I won't mind *grin*

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I got to thinking, since I am currently in the husband market, beyond a good credit score--which is a must--the ideal mate would have to have these qualities:

He would love my unconditionally, because that is the kind of love I want to give him. I really don't care about romance; that's the world's idea of love. He would be able to accept me as I am, because I have no desire to change or manipulate him. Because of my injuries from a few years back, I have certain physical attributes that he would have to accept as non-issues in our marriage. He would have to be a man of sterling character, integrity, honor and honesty.

He would have to know how to make decisions and stick to them--even if I disagree. There is nothing I dislike more than a mealy-mouthed, effeminate man who has no backbone. So speak your mind and don't be afraid to have an opinion of your own, Lord knows self-expression is not one of my problems! A healthy sense of humor is a must to live with me. I love to laugh and make people laugh. He would have to not take himself too seriously and have the singular ability to see good in even a bad situation.

I have a unique career, and so he would have to understand I have no desire to give it up--unless of course that was something he really wanted, and then we would talk about it. And because of mutual respect, love and understanding, we would come up with an arrangement we could both live with. Even if this meant ending my career, because I can get a career any time, but I only want one husband and I never want to lose him over something as minor as a career or as insignificant as money.

Speaking of money, the Lord has blessed me in that area, and I am thankful. But truth be told, money is merely a means to an end for me: it means independence and the ability to help others. And this is very important to me--having the freedom and ability to give it away if that's what the Lord wants. I came to realize something over the summer; I could lose a million dollars tomorrow and get all back by next year. What is not important is the size of a man's bank account but rather the size of his heart. So how big is your heart? And where is your heart?

There are so many other things I could list...hobbies, skills, etc. But I feel the single most important and overriding quality I desire in a mate is this: he must be completely, 100% sold out to Jesus Christ in every area of his life. Period. I want a man who is not afraid to be called a follower of Christ, who will be the spiritual head of the house, who live by the Word of G-d and set a Christ-like example for all to see. I want a man who is not afraid to share the Gospel. And, as much as I want him to love me, this man must love the Lord more than anything else in the whole world, including me.

So, maybe this is why I am still single.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/11/1976

OOOOOHHHH PLEEEAAASSSEEE

where can i find a woman like the one you are discribing

all i can find is heartache and pain

most woman where i come from only want the things of the world not godliness

my last girlfriend broke up with me because i "spend to much time in church" i invited her but she wasn't willing to come.... i think i am just too full of nonsence, because i set high standards as well!!!!

as a man i want a godly woman

to be by my side, not above not below

to help me when i am in need

that i can help when she is in need

to devide my stress

and double my reward

some one to PRAISE OUR GOD!!!

AMEN

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Every one of these are good, and what I would look for, but to me the most important things are having a spiritual soulmate, honesty, and trustworthiness, since I didn't get these last time.

Guest lovinghim4ever

I agree with all the above for what women want, and now here's my two cents . . .

Faith, honesty, humor, friendship and communication.

Faith that reflects a genuine, stable relationship with God.

Honesty that reflects genuine, stable, self-confident character and emotional health.

Humor that reflects genuine, good, clean, Godly wholesomeness.

Friendship that reflects genuine concern without the attitude of dictatorship.

Communication that reflects genuine openness and sincerity.

No jealousy, no dictators, no arrogance, no head-games, lots of good clean fun.

Well, there's my two cents - or - was that three? :)

:emot-hug::wub::emot-highfive:

Guest Biblicist

I think every woman wants something different.

According to the way she was raised and what she saw in her parents relationship. Even if there was lack of parental relationship. Women tend to see men the way their mothers did. Either they will completely conform to the way their mother treated men, or rebel against that and treat men the opposite.

I don't think you should concentrate on what women want as much as you should concern yourself with what God requires of you as a future husband.

Are you willing to be the sprirutal leader in your home?

Do you have a good, strong personal relationship with the Lord, yourself?

Do you plan to make worship services a habit?

Will you put your priorities in proper order, God, wife, family, church? No matter what your profession.

Are you willing and able to be your wife's pastor, spiritual guide, confidant, friend and lover?

Those things may not be what most women want, but they are the sort of characteristics that we need in husbands today. And they are the characteristics that God wants!

In His Mighty Grip,

Bib

:whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

:24: OK, I tried to shut up, but I just can't. ;)

What a woman wants and what a woman needs may be two entirely different things. (Fabio comes to mind) My eyes are still watering from the brilliance of the glow of the guy Marnie described. :) No such person exists, and I suggest that there would be no real relationship with such a person.

It's not the perfections that make for true relationships, but the flaws. There is a genuine tenderness in the fact that someone loves you while accepting you for who you are. We all need to be needed, and we all want to be wanted. Love is not based on two completely unneedy persons forming a partnership, but on two very needy persons who's strengths overlap the weaknesses of the other.

There is one aspect that Marnie was absolutely accurate concerning...

There are so many other things I could list...hobbies, skills, etc. But I feel the single most important and overriding quality I desire in a mate is this: he must be completely, 100% sold out to Jesus Christ in every area of his life. Period. I want a man who is not afraid to be called a follower of Christ, who will be the spiritual head of the house, who live by the Word of G-d and set a Christ-like example for all to see. I want a man who is not afraid to share the Gospel. And, as much as I want him to love me, this man must love the Lord more than anything else in the whole world, including me.

I have a wondeful wife of many years now, and we are two very different people. Some would consider me almost a walking unconscious person in some areas, for I rarely pay attention to style, I am tone deaf concerning clashing colors, and truth be told, I really don't care if I wear bright red or muddy jeans. To compensate for my "close enough" attitude, my cloths are seperated into acceptable groups and "don't touch" areas. I have ruined many dress cloths by thoughtlessly lifting the hood and beginning repairs or other such things. I need to quit listing my faults now, while there is still a tiny shred of illusion that I have some strengths somewhere. :whistling: I do have one great strength, I love Jesus Christ, and from my viewpoint, anything that is useful in me comes from Him.

Proverbs 31 is a good checkoff list for guys looking for a wife, but if you read carefully, he is because she is. Because of who she is in his life, he can be .... "Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land."

Proverbs 31:8-31 (New International Version)

8 "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,

for the rights of all who are destitute.

9 Speak up and judge fairly;

defend the rights of the poor and needy."

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 [c] A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax

and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,

bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;

she provides food for her family

and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,

and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff

and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor

and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;

she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,

where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,

and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;

she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,

and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;

her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,

but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,

and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I watched my wife sewing gifts for the children and grandchildren, making cookies and treats, and doing the countless thousands of things that she does without considering that she is giving of herself for others, but taking joy in the opportunity to do what she can, and I fell in love again (I recommend falling in love daily) with this wonderful giver.

My point is that while I try to mention the good points, life is full of times I irritate her, or she me, and those are opportunities to respond in Godly manner (mercy and kindness and longsuffering). The ideal is wonderful, but it is the daily working out of life that really builds a lasting relationship.

My advice to the ladies, look for a man that loves God 1st and you 2nd.