IGNORED

Depressed And Lonely

Guest lovinghim4ever

Guest lovinghim4ever

Too many times in the past my pride has kept me from seeking help with certain matters. I always want to be strong with God, and I want others to see me as strong. But, right now I choose to swallow that pride and share the following with my Worthy family . . .

I have been pretty depressed and lonely lately. I am 49 years old, no money to speak of, still rent an apartment, never been married, no children and can have no children. All my brothers and sisters are married, with their own houses, their own children and some of them even have grandkids already.

Over the years I tried so many things to find the right guy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/11/1976

there is defenatly nothing wrong with you,

give into the LORDS hands and don't take it back, pray for it, believe and you will recieve

don't worry about it anymore, it is not to say that you have flaws but may the person that God has in mind for you needs to change first, maybe God is changing him as we speak to suit your needs

believe in him, and all things will be added to you

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You're not alone. I'm quite stressed about my situation and still single myself. I'll say a prayer for you.

sport123

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Praying! I can relate. I am 45 y/o single man. Never married. No children. My oldest sister died at 34 leaving one son. I tried to adopt him but lost in court due to various circumstances. My other sister is married now for over 25 years. Has 3 kids and one grand child. I suffer from major clinical depression. I take meds for the depression. And now I recently found out about some ill health issues that I will have to deal with the rest of my life. Just before I found this news, I had decided to step out in faith and say that I would be married within 2 years. Now, I doubt it. Who's going to want to marry an old goat with these problems.

I think there are more people in this boat than we realize. And the Bible does say it's better to remain single if you can. Well, I think most of us that are single, it wasn't by choice, but maybe it was God's choice. He kept us seperate for a reason.

And remember, in heaven there is no marriage or giving in marriage. So, we will fit right in. And I think that we are so close to the end, that we won't be single too much longer but instead married to the best Groom around and that would be Jesus Christ!

If He set me aside just for Himself, who am I to argue with that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

there is defenatly nothing wrong with you,

give into the LORDS hands and don't take it back, pray for it, believe and you will recieve

don't worry about it anymore, it is not to say that you have flaws but may the person that God has in mind for you needs to change first, maybe God is changing him as we speak to suit your needs

believe in him, and all things will be added to you

As far as I'm concerned I believe you should settle for nothing but the best God has for you when it come to a life partner. Just be patient. You will find the wait was worth it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

Hey lovinghim4ever,

I can understand your feelings and will be praying that He give you the desires of your heart.

Amanda

45yo and single!!!!!!! I have decided I am going to give my life to Him, if He wants me to have a man He will provide. Not to say I don't get lonely sometimes. Then I have to remember who my Husband, Brother, Father, Comforter,Teacher and Best Friend is. I was lost most of my life and had a lot of meaningless relationships and 1 failed marriage, I have been on my own for 10 years by choice. I have kissed a bunch of frogs, I am holding out for near perfection. Well like I said I will probably be single for this life. God Bless!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hey lovinghim4ever,

I can understand your feelings and will be praying that He give you the desires of your heart.

Amanda

45yo and single!!!!!!! I have decided I am going to give my life to Him, if He wants me to have a man He will provide. Not to say I don't get lonely sometimes. Then I have to remember who my Husband, Brother, Father, Comforter,Teacher and Best Friend is. I was lost most of my life and had a lot of meaningless relationships and 1 failed marriage, I have been on my own for 10 years by choice. I have kissed a bunch of frogs, I am holding out for near perfection. Well like I said I will probably be single for this life. God Bless!

Sounds like my life at one time! I picked the losers who would always break my heart. One day I got down on my knees and gave myself fully to Him, willing to be single forever if that is what He wanted...and I told Him so! I meant it...I think that is the key. I will never forget that day of renewed devotion! Three months later, I met my husband. We married in 5 months and that was 31 years ago this Tuesday coming, Jan 2! My husband and I have had a wonderful marriage and three children, learning to live for Jesus together. I believe that you also will receive God's very best as you lay it down for Him!

Blessings! :wub:

Too many times in the past my pride has kept me from seeking help with certain matters. I always want to be strong with God, and I want others to see me as strong. But, right now I choose to swallow that pride and share the following with my Worthy family . . .

I have been pretty depressed and lonely lately. I am 49 years old, no money to speak of, still rent an apartment, never been married, no children and can have no children. All my brothers and sisters are married, with their own houses, their own children and some of them even have grandkids already.

Over the years I tried so many things to find the right guy

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Nobody on this board is as picky as I, apparently :P . Hang tough...don't settle...don't lower your standards. You are treasure!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Nobody on this board is as picky as I, apparently :P . Hang tough...don't settle...don't lower your standards. You are treasure!

Marnie IS a treasure so she would know!