• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I don't think the issue is that she "needs" an expensive car, it's that it is RIGHTFULLY hers. A problem in the paperwork essentially means that her father can legally "steal" her car from her if she disobeys his wishes. While that's something that should have been corrected when the error was noticed, I think that with the other instances of rights violations you've stated, pixy (I'm thinking mostly the mail stuff, and the personal information given out by your parents without your consent), that you could legally stand your ground if it really came to that. While the ideal situation is resolution, what you've said indicates that your parents are willing to abuse their wealth and influence in order to control you. As a 28 year old woman, this should outrage you. If you picked up your assets and left, and your father and mother tried to stop you - I think you could take them to court. If you showed that your income was yours, that you had made the car payments yourself, and that your parents had repeatedly abused their access to your personal information and resources, I think you'd be presenting a pretty good case. Talk to them and do what you can to rectify the situation, but know that if worst comes to worst and you want to leave, you have a good shot of making it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Sierra,

I think this is great dating advice, and I will try to follow it as best I can. My parents want me to date him for awhile though, so I'm not sure I can get away with just going out with him once. I will need to do some serious thinking about that...

pix

You should not feel like you HAVE to date ANYONE, especially someone who sounds as creepy as this guy! Who you date is up to you, not up to your parents.

You have been given some fantastic advice by people who genuinely care. Please take it. Your parents are putting you in danger and you have to do something about it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I'm also scared that my parents will hurt me, like literally, I mean... As in like physically or sexually hurting me. I'm scared that they'll hurt me if I stay and try to be aggressive and lay out boundaries. I'm scared that they'll hurt me if I go--that they'll just hunt me down and do something to me.

This is a very serious statement. Please don't wait for such a thing to occur. If there is any history of such a thing, get some help and do it quick.

Still praying for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/28/1988

Pix,

Never realise how serious this has got man! Woooooo my head is even spinnin! I don't even know wat to say GET OUT OF THERE QUICK! Also hun don't persuade urself or let any1 else do anythin anythin u don't want, ur old enough and u have the best thing beside u and it God. Man I'll keep prayin for u!

God Bless

Jessica

xoxxo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I agree that the things your parents are doing are completely against the laws of both man and God! Please get out of there somehow...I'm serious about coming to Canada, too...my advice would be Alberta. Do you think your parents would support you going to Bible College up here? You can work on campus without needing a permit and save up money to buy a car and be independant. If you could otherwise manage to become an ordained minister or to find some lay-duties in the church, you also don't need a work permit. Southern Alberta is DESPERATE for workers right now, so immigrating through Provincial Nomination is something to consider....if you have any of the skills Alberta's looking for right now (and there's a really wide range, though it looks like nursing is the one that makes it easiest), it wouldn't be too hard. If the Bible College thing would somehow work, I can give you the name of my Bible College, set you up with housing and such...my church is full of people of integrity who would help you.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is Dr. Phil.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I agree that the things your parents are doing are completely against the laws of both man and God! Please get out of there somehow...I'm serious about coming to Canada, too...my advice would be Alberta. Do you think your parents would support you going to Bible College up here? You can work on campus without needing a permit and save up money to buy a car and be independant. If you could otherwise manage to become an ordained minister or to find some lay-duties in the church, you also don't need a work permit. Southern Alberta is DESPERATE for workers right now, so immigrating through Provincial Nomination is something to consider....if you have any of the skills Alberta's looking for right now (and there's a really wide range, though it looks like nursing is the one that makes it easiest), it wouldn't be too hard. If the Bible College thing would somehow work, I can give you the name of my Bible College, set you up with housing and such...my church is full of people of integrity who would help you.

lol...uhhh....Dr.Phil? Hehehe

Bible college is pretty awesome though. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find some quality friends (and maybe even a christian guy :laugh: ) and through that community you would be able to build a great support system.

I guess just pray about it. See what happens right?

Bible college is pretty awesome though. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find some quality friends (and maybe even a christian guy :laugh: ) and through that community you would be able to build a great support system.

Every now and again, I have wanted to go to Bible College. Logistically, I'm not sure how it would work though, especially with finances. It's definitely an option though, and something I will pray about!

I have a friend who went to Prairie (which I think is in Alberta?). She then worked as a Children's Ministry Director at a Church in Edmonton for a year. I road-tripped up there to see her while she was in Edmonton... It is sooo dry and flat there... It's way different than living here (near Seattle); there are water and mountains everywhere. I LOVE it here. But, I'm sure God could help me adjust to a new environment if He wants me to move.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Bible college is pretty awesome though. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find some quality friends (and maybe even a christian guy :th_praying: ) and through that community you would be able to build a great support system.

Every now and again, I have wanted to go to Bible College. Logistically, I'm not sure how it would work though, especially with finances. It's definitely an option though, and something I will pray about!

I have a friend who went to Prairie (which I think is in Alberta?). She then worked as a Children's Ministry Director at a Church in Edmonton for a year. I road-tripped up there to see her while she was in Edmonton... It is sooo dry and flat there... It's way different than living here (near Seattle); there are water and mountains everywhere. I LOVE it here. But, I'm sure God could help me adjust to a new environment if He wants me to move.

She went to Prairie??! Are you serious?! That IS my Bible College!

It's not always that dry, either...we've been having a drought the past several years. Not as many bodies of water as in the Seattle area (but then, it doesn't rain 9 months out of the year here :whistling: ), but we'll take you to Sylvan Lake sometime :whistling:

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Pixy, dear, Followerof Jesus's posts do not apply to your situation. You are dealing with people who have a criminal mentality.

You have to get yourself out from under your parents' influence. If that means moving to another state, move. Leave the car if you must. They are trying to enslave you to their wishes.

As Christians we are not supposed to allow others to intimidate us.

I Peter 3:6 (NKJV): "Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror." Our obedience to earthly authority is not supposed to keep us a situation where we are scared!

I Thess. 3:8b, "stand fast in the Lord." It's time for you to stop worrying about your parents. They brought you into the world. That's great, that's fine. Time to move on. Read psalm 1 and consider what they are really like and what kind of people God wants you to be with.

Matt. 10:26 (NKJV): "Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known."

You might want to study these verses:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...viticus%2018:3;

Good luck. All of us here really care.

I will argue to strike the record & make the argument this persons posts have nothing to do w/ the situation. One of the ten commandments is to honor thy father & mother.

I will not offer you luck because that is superstitious. Faith has no place for luck. You are whaT YOU ARE.

Guest Biblicist

Since Pixy has left Worthy, at least for a time. Maybe it would be a good idea to close this thread as well. Before it turns into a nasty argument over whether or not to Honor your father and mother.

In His Mighty Grip.

Bib

:noidea: