• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Passing out tracts is good... but please, not Chick...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Passing out tracts is good... but please, not Chick...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Maybe in some of the things, he may be accurate... but call me biased... his stuff on the Catholic Church is horribly inaccurate and demonizes the Church, literally. Read "Death Cookie". Its terrible and historically inaccurate. He claims the Egyptians? (I think) used the word "transubstantiation". That's a lie. The council of Trent created that word. He equates the Eucharist with the worship of a sun god... but then you would have to equate Christ with Osiris.

In my experience, at least when it comes to his ideas on Catholicism, he is very unfair, hateful, and biased.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

Been reading this thread and here's my 2 cents worth...

Over the past 11 years, I have not participated in any local "trick or treat" events in the communities in which I've lived.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Maybe in some of the things, he may be accurate... but call me biased... his stuff on the Catholic Church is horribly inaccurate and demonizes the Church, literally. Read "Death Cookie". Its terrible and historically inaccurate. He claims the Egyptians? (I think) used the word "transubstantiation". That's a lie. The council of Trent created that word. He equates the Eucharist with the worship of a sun god... but then you would have to equate Christ with Osiris.

In my experience, at least when it comes to his ideas on Catholicism, he is very unfair, hateful, and biased.

I don't necessarilly agree with his view that Hitler was an agent of the Catholic church (the tract on the Jews).

But I do agree with some of the parallels between paganism and the RCC....

Yes, there are parallels, Cardinal John Henry Newman admits that point blank in "An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine". However, we believe that anything in God's universe can be changed from something pagan to something Godly. Everything that God created is good, but their use can be bad. That means, if you use something to glorify God, even if the roots had a pagan origin, then it can be used for a Godly end. Even the cross was around before the time of Christ and had religious value! Osiris was a man-god, other gods died and returned, other gods could perform miracles. The parallels between Christianity and paganism are many, not just between paganism and Catholicism. And why are there so many parallels? Because, both deal with the supernatural, both search for God and something greater than us.

Oops... sorry... repost due to computer problems...

Guest leejosepho

Bill:

Peace and Joy to you!

Christmas, Halloween, Easter, GroundHog Day ... those and all others are filthy, pagan/occultic holidays (I used to observe with a great Christian zeal and fervor), and at least you have taken some time to consider "abstain ye from ..."!

And as long as that "HalleluYah Night" is in just about any month other than October ...

Gotcha, I bet.

But, at least keep asking questions, paying attention and discussing and discerning ...

Blessings!

Lee

Guest leejosepho

Munari:

The One who created us did not create religion; religion is something fabricated (but not "created") by Nimrod (after the flood); religion is profane; the profane cannot be made holy.

And since, according to the report in Scripture, IAUE even created evil, it is not accurate to say everthing He created is itself "good" -- even though it IS a fact it is "good" He created everything He created (even though evil is not "good").

Lee