IGNORED

Halloween Tracts

munari

Guest Tigershark
Tigershark:

Greetings!

However it might sound to anyone, Munari's question is, at least in my opinion, valid simply because she asked it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leejosepho

Tigershark:

I can understand why, as you have, someone might ask if Munari's question is even valid, or if it even deserves a valid answer ...

Nevertheless, and without taking issue with you for asking your own questions about that -- questions I would consider equally valid and worthy of response -- I believe offering an answer is the proper thing to do.

Then I said, "But no matter what you believe about that ..."

In those words, I was simply not taking issue with you ...

And, "... please continue ...", meaning: If you would like to be part of any discussion Munari and I might have: Welcome!

Blessings in YahShua haMashiach ...

Lee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Lee, so I don't forget, I'm a he, not a she    :t2:    I know, the name is kind of confusing...

Anyways, I didn't say that evil can be made holy (ie. Satan). Satan cannot be made holy because he does not want to be so. I did ask why evil THINGS cannot be made into holy things. Things would include mostly inanimate objects and/or concepts. Afterall, Christ has touched the hearts of people we would consider evil and turn them into His followers, why can an object also not taken on a holy nature after being considered profane by we humans?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

I think I see where munari is coming from on this issue.

Guest leejosepho

RCruise:

Peace and Joy to you!

You had asked, "Where have I stated anything compromising?"

Having taken a fresh look at the various posts in this thread while preparing to respond to Munari, I would add this to my previous response to you:

You have written, "Is it because I espouse there is nothing satanic in [or evil about] taping [Halloween] candy to [a] tract?"

Yes, that is one place clearly proposing to mix the profane (participating in trick-or-treat) with the "holy" (offering a tract for an evangelistic purpose).

Guest leejosepho

Munari:

Peace and Joy to you!

First, thank you for clarifying you are a "he" ... for, as you seem to have suspected, I had thought otherwise.

This thread began on the thought of handing out "gospel tracts" along with Halloween candy ... to which I replied, "Trying to use a pagan practice for righteous purpose is foolishness!

You don't like Halloween, fine. You want to judge those who go out and have fun at Halloween, fine. The meaning of Halloween is different from person to person. If some kid dresses up like a pirate and goes to someone's door for a piece of candy, they're worshipping Satan! NO! They're getting candy. If someone starts dancing around a bon-fire, worshipping some god on Halloween night, then there's a problem.

If that is true, when do you believe religious orgies will become "holy"?

:sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  Please. Next question...

"Then Paul stood up at the Areopagus and said: 'You Athenians, I see that in every respect you are very religious.'"

That statement was not a compliment.

How do you know that isn't a compliment? Think of how God works. Did He turn the prodigal son away, or did he accept Him back with open arms, even after his "living a loose life". God is our Father, not a task master that is whipping us into shape. Any discipline from God is done in a loving manner. I think Paul saw the roots of their religious life, and that was good, but misguided. The best way to reach a person is to tell them, you are doing this part well, but this part you need to change. That is what I think Paul is doing there.

Munari: I have said evil things cannot be made holy, and you have asked, "Why not?"

Simply: Because they do not originate from the One who created us.

Didn't you try to tell me before that IAUE created evil?????

You have written, "Osiris was a man-god, other gods died and returned, other gods could perform miracles.  The parallels between Christianity and paganism are many ...

"And why are there so many parallels?  Because, both deal with the supernatural, both search for 'God' and 'something'* greater than us." (*As if IAUE is a "thing"?)

You put words in my mouth and draw conclusions that you know was not my intention just to take a stab. I say "something" because Osiris, Ra, Athena, Zeus, and all those other "things" that were worshipped by pagans is "something" greater in the minds of the people who were worshipping them.

You forget RC's references. God commanded the gold from idols to be smelted and reused for religious things and His purpose. Each of us are currently being smelted so we can be used for His purpose. God is constantly defeating evil. And there are two ways to do that, obliterate it or make it holy.

Scripture clearly presents differences (contrasts) between holy and unholy, clean and unclean (common), and pure and profane ... and nowhere within does Scripture ever show anything unholy or unclean or profane ever becoming holy or clean or pure.  The singular exception, of course, is the transformed man.

I offer this again, as RC pointed out to begin with:

Acts 11:5   "I was in the city of Joppa praying; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object coming down like a great sheet lowered by four corners from the sky; and it came right down to me,

6   and when I had fixed my gaze on it and was observing it I saw the four-footed animals of the earth and the wild beasts and the crawling creatures and the birds of the air.

7   "I also heard a voice saying to me, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'

8   "But I said, 'By no means, Lord, for nothing unholy or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'

9   "But a voice from heaven answered a second time, 'What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.'

Folks, there is no amount of "clean heart" that could ever possibly make one's participation in a religious orgy (or the offering of either humans or candy to trick-or-treaters) on any day of any year an holy act.  All of this really is that simple.  Nevertheless, RCrusie has continued:

You compare trick-or-treating to human sacrafice and orgies! What kind of halloweens did you see as a kid!

Simply by attempting to make, or to mix the profane as "holy" ... something even IAUE "cannot", and certainly would not even attempt to do.  For if He did that, His holy standards - even His own righteousness - would be broken, and someone could immediately declare religious orgies equally "holy".

Really? God cannot and will not? Let me quote for you again:

Acts 11:9   "But a voice from heaven answered a second time, 'What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.'

No, but you would still be participating in one of Satan's evil practices

What makes Halloween evil? Giving out candy?

Let's look at the history of Halloween:

http://wilstar.com/holidays/hallown2.htm

Here's a link to the History channel that is going to have a show about the history of halloween. Maybe we should all watch it:

http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/halloween/

And this is a really good site about halloween, or more accurately, "All Hallow's Eve":

http://www.howstuffworks.com/halloween.htm

To me, what it sounds like is being discussed is scrupulosity and legalism.