• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yeah, I don't really see how the name determines the authority. It's a name. So what? "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet," Shakespeare wrote. Maybe he did it because he had family issues on his side, or maybe his family disapproved of the match...or maybe he just liked her name better. I don't see why it's a problem.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:):24:

LOS ANGELES - Mike Buday isn't married to his last name. In fact, he and his fiancee decided before they wed that he would take hers. But Buday was stunned to learn that he couldn't simply become Mike Bijon when they married in 2005.

the rest of the article can be found here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_..._my_wife_s_name

so would that make him Mrs Mike Bijon?

to be honest, i dont know how i feel about this. its interesting, to say the least!

if there not christains then they can do as the please. But as christians I would be a little concerned, there is a question of why? submitsion is a requirement for all beleivers. It don,t change when marriage comes along.

:)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The couple I know that did this are believers. She has a music ministry, and they didn't want to have to change her name, so her husband took it. There is nothing about that act that has anything to do with submission.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

:24::)

LOS ANGELES - Mike Buday isn't married to his last name. In fact, he and his fiancee decided before they wed that he would take hers. But Buday was stunned to learn that he couldn't simply become Mike Bijon when they married in 2005.

the rest of the article can be found here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_..._my_wife_s_name

so would that make him Mrs Mike Bijon?

to be honest, i dont know how i feel about this. its interesting, to say the least!

if there not christains then they can do as the please. But as christians I would be a little concerned, there is a question of why? submitsion is a requirement for all beleivers. It don,t change when marriage comes along.

:huh:

Scripture? :) Stop relying on indoctrination please which shall get not one christian anywhere. :21:

There is nothing about that act that has anything to do with submission.

I agree..now if she'd MADE him do it, then I'd say it had something to do with submission, but if it's clearly a mutual decision, then I really can'ts ee how submission enters the picture at all.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Oh, common now can't we all just place ourselves under some unwritten law? Why not? The IC has on numerous occasions. ;)

I must add, here we are discussing whether or not it is okay for a man to take a woman's last name yet The word became flesh for his Bride? :noidea:

I can't say that we've been the brightest bunch.

The whole 'male last name' stems from man made patriarachal ideology anyway.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I am really surprised to see this. It only adds weight to the theory that "registration" of births is only a means invented by bureaucracies so that governments can claim "ownership" of the identity of a child, or of that person in general, i.e. you "register the birth of your child" and thereby "hand ownership of that child, forever" to the government. Ensuring that any money or property that that child/person earns/inherits/gets in any way, is the government's property and they are enslaved to the government. It was explained to me that that is why the government talks of "handing things in to us" (government believes it can take anything because it really "belongs to us anyway").

The only reason that it is "necessary" to "jump through hoops" to change someone's name is so that the government can get money for nothing.

Anyway, back to fact - not theory. In most places it is legal to take on what ever name you want. You don't even have to call your children by your family name. My older sister had a child as the result of a brief relationship after her marriage had broken down (years after in fact) and her other children were well grown up. She had broken up with the father of the child on "bad terms" and he didn't want anything to do wth the child. She still used the surname of her original husband for herself, but didn't want to call her last child by his name as he wasn't his child. So she literally picked a name out of the telephone book and registered his birth with that name.

Likewise I always believed that a family can take on the name of the wife just as easily as the husband. When I was at primary school (about 150 years ago) I had a good friend who came from a family who did just that. Her father had married her mother and taken on her surname, and they sure hadn't paid any department any money to do that.

That was long before "feminism" was rife (I guess, it existed, but it wasn't very usual).

My views on the subject: "A rose by any other name ........." A name is just a word, what does it matter if it was originally from the woman's side or the man's?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1963

No, he would still be Mr.

Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

It doesn't say a thing anywhere in the bible that a man must retain his father's name or that he cannot take his wife's name. It sounds like he was not only respecting, but honoring, his wife and her wishes.

Yeah, here you don't need to jump through hoops to take on either last name. I just basically told my bank and my employer "hey, this is my new last name" and they were like "great, we'll make a note of that." *shrug* If anyone asks, all I have to do is show them my marriage certificate, but really, no one doubts it.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

If he & she agree, I see no reason why he can't take his wife's last name. Or use both last names. Why should one spend too much time on this non-issue?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

:thumbsup:

:24: