• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1987

Very good question. There are a lot of hypocracy and judgmental attitutes among us as Christians. There is so much division among God's children and I believe it is breaking His heart. I fail at this a lot, but I am still a work in progress. The phrase, 'charity begins at home' is so very true, when it comes to your topic of discussion. How many times do we keep up the Christian front in public, but behind closed doors at home it's a different story. Just look at the way we treat our children and life partners?? :thumbsup:

As for using the Lord's Name in vain, I personally cannot understand how Christians can do this. It is something that's been bothering me a lot, and I am immediately angry at someone if I here them use my Lord's Name like just another common name. The Lord is Holy and He is God. Anyone with a reverent fear of the Lord should know that they're playing with fire using His Name like a common phrase. No, I am not perfect and yes I make lots and lots of mistakes daily - I just believe that nobody can praise God in one sentence and curse Him/His Name in the next. :24:

God's grace is sufficient for me, Hallelujah!

Esther

:whistling:

I agree with u Esther I grew up in 1 of those type of family.I stopped going 2 church cuz of them. My thought was "if this is Christianity then I don't want any part of it" The I met a frind who with his example & love showed me what a real Christian is/does/acts.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There's a saying that goes, "Your actions speak so loud I can't hear what you are saying" We are to the light of the world. But if your like most people being like Jesus is not an easy task. So this is what I found to be easier. When we are a submitted vessel Jesus has no problem being Himself through us. We can never be "like Him" but He can be Himself through us,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I agree about the home. It is one of the reason's I have some compassion on non-believers particularly here in the US. I have met several people who on the face were just really hateful toward the faith, but then after I got to know them, they usually had a horrible home experience with parents who put on a Christian act outside of the home. The strongest atheist

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Amen, Treasured, Amen. We sling the word "Christian" around too easy. I'm adding that one to my blog.

You guys have some GREAT thoughts.

Trey

http://rediscovering-church.blogspot.com/