• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

This really needs a topic of its own. I understand the difference between ones soul and their spirit. However, this whole soul being a product of the parents thing is nothing but a philosophy, there is nothing in scripture that I can think of that would indicate that is the case. It seems that you are arguing a variation of the doctrine of the Traducianism. Where I am arguing a creationist view as to the origin of the soul.

Ohhh? when did creationist view hold to the belief that no soul exists until birth?

The creationist view is the view of the majority of Christian denominations. It holds that each soul is directly created by God either at the moment of conception, or some later time between conception and birth.

what does this mean forrest??

Jeremiah 1:5

KJV: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That God knows everything that will happen. He knew it before time began.

It does not say that our souls were created before conception.

Simple logic here, If God created souls before, then how did he create a sinful soul since he is sinless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

God finished creating on the 6th day.

Please define "baby" in your terms.

If God Knew me before He knit me in my Mothers womb, then that meant I existed to God even before I was a fetus.....before I humanly existed.

I think once the sperm and egg meet , that is now physical evidence of humanity....a baby.

Wait a second. Doesn't the Bible usually equate breath with life, thus from a biblical perspective, life does not begin until the baby takes its first breath and thus the point of ensoulment is when a baby takes its first breath?

I did say that God KNEW me before He knit me in my Mothers womb... did I not?

So that means before I was a human fetus.......before I was flesh, blood, cells..

So in other words I was already in Gods mind to EXIST...once the egg/sperm combine the meeting is NOW PHYSICAL declaring THOUGHT is now existing in human form....fetus...baby...HUMAN.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am going back to the original topic. With a Woman and and African American runnig for presidential candidate for the first time you got to think what are the democrats doing right now? Probably trying to find Bob dole and convinve him to go democrat. I am not saying its bad but if america had a chocie between a white male leader and an african american or female at this time it would almost even the odds out for the republicans being the swing votes but then again it might just empower the mariganlized to get out and vote and be heard and we could see something good come out of the whole thing.

Horror of horrors...What if there was an African American Woman running for the Top Job!!!!

Wonder how that would go down........!

Personally, I'd rejoice!!

ps..

And I'm not talking about Oprah!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946