• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

hey vrjenny,

A link to this thread was posted in a forum, and I wish I could be of more help. However, I listen to any of those kinds of music becuae I just listen to ... well, what people seem to call "Traditional Christian music"... aka.. just hymns and things like that. I don't do comtemporary or "Christian" rock, rap, hip hop, etc... sorry. Why not put on some traditiional music? I love it so much and how wonderful it is to sing praises to God :thumbsup:

Hope thsi helps,

Crystal

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/20/1978

hey vrjenny,

A link to this thread was posted in a forum, and I wish I could be of more help. However, I listen to any of those kinds of music becuae I just listen to ... well, what people seem to call "Traditional Christian music"... aka.. just hymns and things like that. I don't do comtemporary or "Christian" rock, rap, hip hop, etc... sorry. Why not put on some traditiional music? I love it so much and how wonderful it is to sing praises to God ;)

Hope thsi helps,

Crystal

Thanks Crystal... I appreciate all you have said...i thought i would answer your question...these are the styles we will be playing because ,simply, we have been led by the Lord to do so...in our immediate area...that is what the kids...teens...young adults are in to...we are trying to give them a better alternative to what they listen to...if it isn't the lyrics they are after...but the style...we are wanting to give them something similar that is full of God. It is awesome times around here..we are seeing a lot of teens saved....we all know music is used by the enemy to try and destroy...well...we want to take it( meaning the Christian side of music) and use it for good...for God...these teens are used to listening to secular music...so we want to give them something so that the old stuff isn't a stumbling block for them...take away the foothold the devil thinks he has....

We do have stations around here that play the hymns...the people we are targeting just aren't into that...not that it is bad...or that they are bad for being that way...they just don't seem to be able to relate with the music...it is a new generation...and we are seeking to connect with them in a way they will be receptive...to most teens...even young adults...they find the hymns don't speak to them in a language they understand. Please do not think that i am putting anyone down that enjoys hymns...i enjoy them myself...and some of the music kids like...i find it hard to listen to...i suppose that is how Fred and i will balance each other out in this...you know...going into this...we knew that not everyone is going to be satisfied...because after all...we are humans with our own likes and dislikes...not programmed robots...we just know and trust that the Lord has a perfect plan...and that His ways are perfect.

Okay...i keep talking about teens...as i have said...our target audience with be 12-35yrs old...but i believe the main focus will be the teens..and ppl in their early to mid twenties...that is the age we are seeing a major move of God in our area...i have spoken with the leaders of our teens in my church...they all have said...if you're gonna reach the kids...its gonna be through the styles i have mentioned. I do want everyone to know that we have taken all of this into careful consideration...and lots and lots of prayer...we are not being hasty in this...no matter what anyone might say or think...we know this is what the Lord wants...after all...this is not Fred and Jenny's radio station...this is God's ministry. We are just the servants He chose to use.

I know many of you may not know us...but then...many of you do...and some of you know us even more...those of you who know us closely and even just a little...hopefully you know and take comfort in the fact that we are all about serving Him and doing His Will. It is a Kingdom...not a democracy for us....we don't vote...we say "yes Master".

Once again...i thank you Crystal...you are a sweet person and i appreciate your response. I am sure others have been wondering the same thing...so you gave me the opportunity to get that answered for everyone...i just hope i was able to present that without offending anyone...i said everything with love....hope you receive it as so.

God Bless, Jenny. :b:

*bump*

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

I am a music freak who listens to about seven hours of music a day... kudos to you on doing God's work over the airwaves! I'm a teen in the Midwest. And, to ward off misconception, I do not live on a farm, nor do I own overalls... XD

1. What's your favorite type of music?

I like anything from Christian Rock-Metal and some Contemporary here and there. Only rapping I like is done by Toby Mac and KJ-52.

2. What are your favorite bands?

That's hard. O_o Skillet, BarlowGirl, Superchick, Hawk Nelson, Relient K to name the most prominent.

3. Do you like to listen to a mix or just your style...the new top 10 songs...or a mix of old and new songs?

I'm open to listen to almost anything. The biggest thing I can say is as long as you play a variety and don't play Top 10 songs 24/7, I would tune in any day. :laugh: Add in a little of everything, and play old AND new.

4. Think about the station you listen to all the time...or the majority...what makes you like it so much...what keeps you tunned into that station?

It's one of the only Christian radio stations around here. I like it because it sends a positive vibe and I like the music (though the repeating songs sometimes make me want to scream). XD

5. What would you change about your favorite station if you could and why?

*see above*

6. What kind of programs would you like to see in your ideal station...call-in programs...prayer hot lines...?

Prayer hot-lines would really be nice. It gives a sense of community, like you're connected to someone else in the world just because of their music (think Chris Rice's "The Other Side Of The Radio") Some contests would be fun. :24:

7. If it was said that a Christian radio station was coming to your town...what would you like to see it do for the community...in the community?

Our radio station does some roller-skating nights. It'd be cool if we could get this information out to the public; maybe get some non-believers turned on to Christian music. Make them see that it isn't hymns.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Speaking strictly from my high school, most teens listen to Contemporary, Rock, and Metal. I listen to other stuff (As The Deer is one of my favorite hymns!!) but this is what I'm listening to most of the time. Let God lead you wherever He's calling. :laugh:

I am a music freak who listens to about seven hours of music a day... kudos to you on doing God's work over the airwaves! I'm a teen in the Midwest. And, to ward off misconception, I do not live on a farm, nor do I own overalls... XD

1. What's your favorite type of music?

I like anything from Christian Rock-Metal and some Contemporary here and there. Only rapping I like is done by Toby Mac and KJ-52.

That's hard. O_o Skillet, BarlowGirl, Superchick, Hawk Nelson, Relient K to name the most prominent.

3. Do you like to listen to a mix or just your style...the new top 10 songs...or a mix of old and new songs?

I'm open to listen to almost anything. The biggest thing I can say is as long as you play a variety and don't play Top 10 songs 24/7, I would tune in any day. ;) Add in a little of everything, and play old AND new.

4. Think about the station you listen to all the time...or the majority...what makes you like it so much...what keeps you tunned into that station?

It's one of the only Christian radio stations around here. I like it because it sends a positive vibe and I like the music (though the repeating songs sometimes make me want to scream). XD

*see above*

6. What kind of programs would you like to see in your ideal station...call-in programs...prayer hot lines...?

Prayer hot-lines would really be nice. It gives a sense of community, like you're connected to someone else in the world just because of their music (think Chris Rice's "The Other Side Of The Radio") Some contests would be fun. ;)

7. If it was said that a Christian radio station was coming to your town...what would you like to see it do for the community...in the community?

Our radio station does some roller-skating nights. It'd be cool if we could get this information out to the public; maybe get some non-believers turned on to Christian music. Make them see that it isn't hymns.

Thank you for all your wonderful feedback...just as all the others...you have been very helpful and we enjoy hearing from you...yes...we are definitely listening to the Lord...i know that teens in our area don't "get into" church...they feel as though they can't relate to these "holier than thou" old people...who listen and sing hyms that try to get a message said in some "foreign" language....there is a generational gap there...it is where they say..."they just don't understand us"...and the adults are saying..." they just don't want to understand...things can't be THAT different". We all know that God does not change...but i think He is willing to work within the changes of the generations...He will use methods of that time that will best reach His children...and the "lost". For instance...do you go up to someone that is ...let's say japanese...who does not understand english...and try to witness to them in english...just tell them...i don't know how to speak your language...so you are going to have to learn my language so that i can witness to you...no...that isn't too effective. To many teens...their language is these newer styles of music (secular and Christian).... so...through a "language" (style) they understand or will be able to ...we are going to minister to them. We are going to use music to bridge a gap.

You know...i totally agree with you on your answer to the last question...that is the thing...many of the lost want to stay that way because they don't want to give up what they have...they just don't realize what God has for them.... they think it is all rules...and no fun...or they think that God is some far away...ancient being sittin on this big throne that can't be touched...can't be reached. They think that you have to be boring...no "life"...dead. They don't realize that they are the ones dead...that life is wonderful when you start actually living. As i have said...music is a big one for teens...young adults..it is their way of expression...release...even therapy, so to speak(not that it is a good thing). You know...kids listen to music because it makes them feel like someone understands them...the artist "gets them"...after all...parents don't understand..times are different...(i've said that to mine...lol..).... " mom/dad, its different that when you were a kid"..sound familiar anyone? Well...we want to offer them something that isn't soooo different...just way better. Something they will be willing to listen to...that might actually "get them"...show them that God is very real...and very much a part of today as He was generations ago. Songs that speak to them about the issues they may be going through...and show them God is the way...the answer. For instance..there is a song out by a Christian Rock group called Plumb.. the song is called "Cut"...it is hitting the top of the charts...it is becoming very popular because of the impact it is making on the people....it is ministering to those with the issue of cutting. That is the thing we are wanting to do for the Lord....glorify Him...make an impact...one that will help bring in the harvest.

You know...i had to giggle when you mentioned the roller rink...why? well...we have a friend that is a part of our ministry...He was given a vision many years ago...it was of a roller rink... a christian roller rink.... a roller rink that only played edifying music... we have spoken with him many times about this...and we know that in God's perfect timing the roller rink will be birth and our ministry will work together in it all. We have spoken how the music will come from the radio station...and many more cool ideas involving the two ministries. Our town does have roller rink..but it is one that not many people will let there children go to due to the things that go on there and the music that is played. People have expressed a desire to have the very thing that our friend was given a vision of. We are sooo excited to be found worthy and qualified to do all these things and be a servant to our community.

Again...thanks everyone!

God Bless, Jenny. :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1. What style of music do you like...

Contemporary and Chistian R&B

Out of Eden

a mix of old and new songs of different styles

its commercial free (although that may be hard to have since funding needed; k-love btw lol) i like variety of artists and theyve got that. also its pretty much the only workin Christian station in our area so i got no choice with the radio lol

i would like 2 add a bit more styles and artists. also sometimes they repeat a lot within 1 day and they usually only play popular songs. idk if this is what its called but like the "hit" song from 1 album

the only programs i generally use are contests or trivia and stuff. but im sure prayer hot lines r used often by many ppl

idk. honestly i dont understand the question sorry ;)

asl: 16/f/ny

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Christ Girl

ok i am so sorry if i confuse you but its a Barlow Girl thing! WOOT 4 BARLOW GIRL! WOOT 4 CASTING CROWNS, AND WOOT 4 JARAMY CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):24::24::24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

lol go old time hymns :)