felix

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering...do I truly love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength? Do you truly love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength?

Matthew 22:37-38

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

38This is the first and greatest commandment.

Are we willing to give up something of the world for God? Are we willing to let go of something we enjoy on this earth for the sake of God? A relationship, money, music, game, a career, a sport?

Are we willing to go forth into an unfamiliar and uncomfortable environment for the sake of the gospel, for the sake of God?

Are we willing to give God the first thing in the morning when we wake?

How much of ourselves do we give to the Lord because we love Him? How much are we willing to sacrifice to the Lord? How much of your time are you willing to set aside to talk to the Lord throughout your day?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I was wondering...do I truly love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength? Do you truly love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength?

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Are we willing to give up something of the world for God? Are we willing to let go of something we enjoy on this earth for the sake of God? A relationship, money, music, game, a career, a sport?

Are we willing to go forth into an unfamiliar and uncomfortable environment for the sake of the gospel, for the sake of God?

How much of ourselves do we give to the Lord because we love Him? How much are we willing to sacrifice to the Lord? How much of your time are you willing to set aside to talk to the Lord throughout your day?

1) Most do not.

2) Most are not.

3) Most are not.

4) We fail. Not much. All try to give so much 'time' but not from the very depths of the heart!!!

That's the KEY WORD isn't it...WILLING. The Spirit IS willing but the flesh is Weak. We are weak and we need His Strength in us to "die a little death" every day. What you put aside for Him, He makes up for it far and beyond what you would expect! I've seen this with my own eyes. It's not until after we do this, the rewards rain down.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It's always so great to see others who have the same questions in their hearts as what I do. One question which I ask myself lately over and over again..... How much of me does God have? How much do I hold back? Personally to me, these are questions that God placed in my heart and that I need to address, because He wants all of me!

God bless you on your journey!

:whistling:

My prayer, "Lord bring me to the place Paul spoke of when he said, "I now longer live but Christ lives in me." When I am willing to completely die to self I am set free. You can't kill a dead man! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Amen,

Last night I had commited myself earlier that when I came home I would give my time to the Lord. I usually play some computer game or watch something entertaining that I could find on television. Jesus Christ was going to replace these things as my enjoyment. It started in my heart, then moved to my emotion and will, then to my mind, and then finally I had to have the mental and physical strength to actively seek the presence of the Lord. I am begining to see how we are to love God with our heart, soul, mind and strength. I want to see more of this. This led me to start this thread. This following day I want to love the Lord even more.

This morning I meditated on Ephesians 3:17 "that Christ may make home in your hearts through faith". The verse preceding that (ephesians 3:16) speaks of being strengthened into the inner man. The Lord wants to take over our inward parts...yes, we are to give the Lord everything and we are to hold onto nothing! That the Lord Jesus Christ may make home in our hearts. We hold back nothing, we are willing, we die to ourselves, we do not give Satan any strongholds to keep us from what Christ wants to do in us. We give the Lord Jesus Christ more ground. Jesus as the seed in our hearts needs good soil to grow in. This is the kingdom of God, and we are to seek the kingdom of God first.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Amen,

Last night I had commited myself earlier that when I came home I would give my time to the Lord. I usually play some computer game or watch something entertaining that I could find on television. Jesus Christ was going to replace these things as my enjoyment. It started in my heart, then moved to my emotion and will, then to my mind, and then finally I had to have the mental and physical strength to actively seek the presence of the Lord. I am begining to see how we are to love God with our heart, soul, mind and strength. I want to see more of this. This led me to start this thread. This following day I want to love the Lord even more.

This morning I meditated on Ephesians 3:17 "that Christ may make home in your hearts through faith". The verse preceding that (ephesians 3:16) speaks of being strengthened into the inner man. The Lord wants to take over our inward parts...yes, we are to give the Lord everything and we are to hold onto nothing! That the Lord Jesus Christ may make home in our hearts. We hold back nothing, we are willing, we die to ourselves, we do not give Satan any strongholds to keep us from what Christ wants to do in us.

God will bless you as you consecrate yourself to Him! ;)