kittylover0991

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, um, Larry...if you're looking for the person who's saying "pants are mens-only" it's Butero, not lnj....just FYI.

read what I said again...

"saying women CAN wear pants is just as much a man-made standard as saying women CAN'T wear pants"

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, um, Larry...if you're looking for the person who's saying "pants are mens-only" it's Butero, not lnj....just FYI.

Thankyou Iryssa! :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

"saying women CAN wear pants is just as much a man-made standard as saying women CAN'T wear pants"

Well at some point, we mortals have to make some decisions of our own, don't we? With guidance from Above, absolutely, but unless you can tell me where the Bible dress-code specifically limits women to skirts longer than knee length and ABSOLUTELY NO PANTS, then I'd say we're left to some discernment which takes into account our historical-cultural setting. Yes, you might brand it as man-made...but such standards are set by man with God-given BRAINS. (EDIT: and historically, those standards are fluid, by the way...again taking into account historical-cultural context)

Well at some point, we mortals have to make some decisions of our own, don't we? With guidance from Above, absolutely, but unless you can tell me where the Bible dress-code specifically limits women to skirts longer than knee length and ABSOLUTELY NO PANTS, then I'd say we're left to some discernment which takes into account our historical-cultural setting. Yes, you might brand it as man-made...but the standard's set by man with God-given BRAINS.

I can't show you that verbage, but I can show you a decent principle that shows us why our leaders should do it...

In Exodus when Moses went up Sinai and God said that anyone else who went on the mountain would die, who decided where the Mountain started (read: who said what was mountain and what wasn't mountain): Moses or God???

Well at some point, we mortals have to make some decisions of our own, don't we? With guidance from Above, absolutely, but unless you can tell me where the Bible dress-code specifically limits women to skirts longer than knee length and ABSOLUTELY NO PANTS, then I'd say we're left to some discernment which takes into account our historical-cultural setting. Yes, you might brand it as man-made...but the standard's set by man with God-given BRAINS.

I can't show you that verbage, but I can show you a decent principle that shows us why our leaders should do it...

In Exodus when Moses went up Sinai and God said that anyone else who went on the mountain would die, who decided where the Mountain started (read: who said what was mountain and what wasn't mountain): Moses or God???

That passage has nothing to do with skirts or pants.

yes it does. Who decided what exactly was mountain and what exactly was not? Answer the question and you'll understand how it applies...

yes it does. Who decided what exactly was mountain and what exactly was not? Answer the question and you'll understand how it applies...

a) you didn't give me a reference to go by

b) I hate rhetorical questions

c) It's probably applying to the leaders

d) the leaders are still MEN

EDIT: e) still doesn't give a specific dress-code pertaining to skirts or pants.

c) It's probably the leaders

a) its in Exodus... right before the 10 commandments... not too hard to find

b) not really rhetorical, but there was a point

c) Moses decided what was mountain and what was not

d) Doesn't matter, God gave Moses the authority to decide things like that, just like God gave us spiritual authorities to make decisions like that. Obey your spiritual authorities, period...

e) no it doesn't, but God said that women can't wear men's garments, if your leader (read: Bishop/Pastor) says that pants are a man's garmant, than you (if you are a woman) cannot wear pants.

Its a really simple principle, really... if peopel weren't so stuck on doing what they thought was right rather than what God thought, everyone would understand it... but our whole society is self-centered, so no one sees it...

Edited by larry_boy_44

d) Doesn't matter, God gave Moses the authority to decide things like that, just like God gave us spiritual authorities to make decisions like that. Obey your spiritual authorities, period...

e) no it doesn't, but God said that women can't wear men's garments, if your leader (read: Bishop/Pastor) says that pants are a man's garmant, than you (if you are a woman) cannot wear pants.

Its a really simple principle, really... if peopel weren't so stuck on doing what they thought was right rather than what God thought, everyone would understand it... but our whole society is self-centered, so no one sees it...

I'm not sure how pants/skirts fall under spiritual authority, but okay. Also, often bishops, leaders, pastors, whathaveyou are still left to their OWN (mortal) discernment. For another, many people go to many different churches where many different God-fearing leaders tell them that pants are wrong for women or that pants are okay. I'd say that that probably means that there is no Biblical dress-code so we are still left, as I said, to what you brand as man-made standards, whether or not they're made by a leader.

I'm not sure how pants/skirts fall under spiritual authority, but okay. Also, often bishops, leaders, pastors, whathaveyou are still left to their OWN (mortal) discernment. For another, many people go to many different churches where many different God-fearing leaders tell them that pants are wrong for women or that pants are okay. I'd say that that probably means that there is no Biblical dress-code so we are still left, as I said, to what you brand as man-made standards, whether or not they're made by a leader.

I would agree, there likely is no Biblical standard, you are to obey your authorities discernment on the matter...

pants/skirts fall under that because if your authority states that pants are only a man's garmant, you are to obey your authority's decision on what is a man's garmant and what is a woman's....