• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1968

Since it is a hypthetical question we cant' think about what would really happen in this situation. It seems to me that this is just a moral question. A right or wrong! and so this is my answer.... "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart............... Jerimiah 29:11 If there is a homless child out on the streets and is picked up by somone who cares about the welfare of the child then the God I know is big enough to make anything happen. His ways are not our ways. How much do we trust him? We can only see with our eyes, which sad to say are somtimes full of large planks of wood! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  19

(edited per request of poster.....aslanlight's post stays, as it can stand alone)

I was raised in an athiest family (my Dad adopted me but my mum's my real one) and am now a Christian. We can't underestimate God's ablility to speak directly to people like me in whatever situation we're in. We must also give credit to the people who are adopted that they have their own minds. I know so many people who can't stand Christianity because they were brought up in it and their parents strong views have tainted the whole idea of God for them perhaps permanently.

I guess I'm about to get slapped down, but......................ya'll would rather a child grow up unloved, hungry, dirty and afraid, than for them to have homosexual's as parents. Sorry, every child should be loved, wanted and taken care of, I don't care who is doing it, rather loving homosexual parents than none, or abusive, drug addled parents. Screaming about all the children that die because of abortion, but saying a child is better off in foster care (which is a travesty in itself) than with parents regardless of their sexual orientation reminds me of the verse in the Bible, where someone tells a person, go and don't be hungry, or cold, but does nothing to help them.

Amen and rock on Silentprayer! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I guess I'm about to get slapped down, but......................ya'll would rather a child grow up unloved, hungry, dirty and afraid, than for them to have homosexual's as parents. Sorry, every child should be loved, wanted and taken care of, I don't care who is doing it, rather loving homosexual parents than none, or abusive, drug addled parents. Screaming about all the children that die because of abortion, but saying a child is better off in foster care (which is a travesty in itself) than with parents regardless of their sexual orientation reminds me of the verse in the Bible, where someone tells a person, go and don't be hungry, or cold, but does nothing to help them.

I agree with you. :wub:

Yes, I gave a hypothetical example of a child when I posted this but I'll give a real one:

Sarah is a young addict in our little town (uk) and she's homeless and pregnant. There arn't any flats or houses to spare because the council are trying to sell off all the council places and private flats are mostly rented out to working people, are too expensive or the ones who would take her are full. The rehabs are expensive, have incredibly long waiting lists and are very difficult to get into.

I just can't see what's going to happen to her and the baby. Because she's a heroin addict she'll probably lose it and it'll end up in care and I've seen the things being in care does to kids. The best sinario would be for Sarah to get clean and housed but if this doesn't happen and the child ended up with a gay/lesbian couple with warm hearts that'd be a good result in this case. And there must be many cases like it.

i don't believe gays/lesbians should be able to adopt an infant.... i'd rather they not adopt anyone. but if there is a child living on the street with no family, then God bless whoever takes her in and gives her shelter, food and clothing.

not many little orphan girls are living on the street though. most have parents. homeless or not, the child's parents should not be forced to give up their parental rights so that anyone else could adopt. if someone wants to foster the child, then that may be another story. i'd much rather the parent and child be kept together and given assistance til they could get on their feet though.

Yes, I gave a hypothetical example of a child when I posted this but I'll give a real one:

Sarah is a young addict in our little town (uk) and she's homeless and pregnant. There arn't any flats or houses to spare because the council are trying to sell off all the council places and private flats are mostly rented out to working people, are too expensive or the ones who would take her are full. The rehabs are expensive, have incredibly long waiting lists and are very difficult to get into.

I just can't see what's going to happen to her and the baby. Because she's a heroin addict she'll probably lose it and it'll end up in care and I've seen the things being in care does to kids. The best sinario would be for Sarah to get clean and housed but if this doesn't happen and the child ended up with a gay/lesbian couple with warm hearts that'd be a good result in this case. And there must be many cases like it.

Guest Biblicist

I think it would be a good idea for you to find some statistics of children raised by homosexual people vs. a regular couple and even single parents. Not that it is a good argument for it but if you are writing a paper for this you should include all information.

Rosie O'Donnell has adopted three children, with her "partner". Would it be better to be raised by homosexuals rather than live on the streets. It would be infinitely better. They are still able to give love and affection. They are sinners, plain and simple. Would it be alright for an adulterer to raise a child? How is this sin different? Is the sin of slander and gossip somehow better, how do children fare raised by those type of people? God uses all situations to bring those he calls unto Himself, even the worst situations. I think many can be a testimony to that.

Maybe, just maybe, God would use that little child to lead those people to a saving knowledge of Him. . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

i don't believe gays/lesbians should be able to adopt an infant.... i'd rather they not adopt anyone. but if there is a child living on the street with no family, then God bless whoever takes her in and gives her shelter, food and clothing.

not many little orphan girls are living on the street though. most have parents. homeless or not, the child's parents should not be forced to give up their parental rights so that anyone else could adopt. if someone wants to foster the child, then that may be another story. i'd much rather the parent and child be kept together and given assistance til they could get on their feet though.

Just out of curiousity (and I'm not trying to start an argument)- why do you believe that gays/lesbians should not be able to adopt an infant or child??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Here in NZ babies and young children are adopted out very quickly. Teen children are different. Why can't the gay couple in your first scenario foster if no one else is willing to?

In this above case I can't understand why the baby can't be adopted out to a heterosexual couple. I think there is a Gay political agenda in the adoption of children.

I worked with a girl who had run away from home (and foster care) constantly. She was given work to help her gain some life skills and the hope of building a better future. She always looked angry. The care she was in was doing all they could to help her. I can't help but think why is this girl running all the time and what from? She would be 18 now. I don't know what has become of her.

Teen runaways often are running from something. There is often violent or sexual abuse in their past. I don't know Sarah's past but being Heroin addict I would suspect she is also running from something. I've heard of teens putting their life right after having a baby. I'll pray for Sarah.

Answering your question I would say no to adoption.