IGNORED

just a couple of questions

Guest GodsLittleSoldier

Guest GodsLittleSoldier

on another forum that i go to sometimes a friend of mine posted these three questions and to say it straight i dont really have answers for them so if you guys could give us a hand......it would be greatly appriciated

Q1. Why do we pray to mary and the saints i havn't seen anywhere in the bible that says that why don't we just pray to god?

Q2. Why do we go to a preist for confession when it's god we have to ask forgiveness to why do we go a preist?

Q3. The bread and wine how is it really the body and blood of jesus when it doesn't taste like it or look like it?

yours in christ

ME!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Good questions.

Q1. Why do we pray to mary and the saints i havn't seen anywhere in the bible that says that why don't we just pray to god?

We? I do not pray to mary or to the saints. I pray to God in the name of the Messiah Jesus.

Q2. Why do we go to a preist for confession when it's god we have to ask forgiveness to why do we go a preist?

We? i do not go to priests for confession but confessing ones sins to fellow Christians is i believe scriptural.

Q3. The bread and wine how is it really the body and blood of jesus when it doesn't taste like it or look like it?

I think it is supposed to be His body and blood in a spiritual sense? Sharing bread and wine with fellow Christians in remembrance of the sacrifice the Messiah made for us is, i believe, scriptural.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Scripture does not in any way tell us to pray to Mary or the Saints. They were human, and now they're dead. Scripture DOES tell us not to have communication with the dead. Our prayers are to go through Christ alone.

Confessing our sins to fellow Christians is scriptural. Our sins lose their power over us when exposed to the "light". This doesn't have to be a priest, and personally, I would recommend AGAINST it being in a priestly confessional... because in the confessional, it is still shrouded in the darkness of secrecy.

At the last supper, Jesus broke bread and shared wine with his desciples. He told them "This is my flesh, This is my blood, This do in remembrance of me" (ad libbed on my part). When we take communion, we are symbolically demonstrating our descipleship.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

on another forum that i go to sometimes a friend of mine posted these three questions and to say it straight i dont really have answers for them so if you guys could give us a hand......it would be greatly appriciated

yours in christ

ME!!

Greetings GodsLittleSoldier,

All your answers can be found in the Holy Scriptures. Please take these words to heart:

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Psalms 119:9 BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Psalms 119:17 GIMEL. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.

Psalms 119:25 DALETH. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.

Psalms 119:28 My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

Psalms 119:38 Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.

Psalms 119:42 So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

I pray that you find the counsel you need and guidance to respond as the scriptures say:

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear GLS,

Have you thought about changing forums?

Welcome!

:rolleyes:

In His Love,

Suzanne

1. scripture does not tell us to pray to mary and the saints but it doesnt tell us not too. this whole thing depends on your view of death. if you think that when you die that is it and you are cut off then you are going to think that praying to them shouldnt be done since they are "dead." dying in your physical body does not cut you off from the body of christ. rev talks about the angels and saints praying for us.

2. Jesus did not give everyone his authority to forgive sins. he gave it to the apostles. now im not saying that sins cannot be forgiven if you only confess in your heart and mind, but the bible clearly says to confess your sins with your mouth. and im not saying that if fellow christians confess to each other, they wont be forgiven. but christ gave the authority to the apostles so for it to be as christ said it, you would confess to a priest which is a successor of the apostles.

3. this is my body, this is my blood. people tend to forget that jesus was jewish until he died and if people would study judaism they would see the connection between covenants made in the old testament and the mass and covenant today. jesus didnt come to end everything that had been done but to perfect it. truely believing that it is the body and blood of christ is a very hard thing to do. hmmmm thats about all i have to say right now. i hope my writing is clear.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

yours in christ

ME!!

I would like to answer the last question with this

THE COMMUNION

John 6

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever

When Jesus said that to have life you must eat My flesh and drink My blood. He put things in a way we could understand later on.

John 6

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Jesus said it

Guest idolsmasher

Some of these things do have some basis in scripture, but if you are looking for a Catholic response, boy, did you come to the wrong place.

1. scripture does not tell us to pray to mary and the saints but it doesnt tell us not too. this whole thing depends on your view of death. if you think that when you die that is it and you are cut off then you are going to think that praying to them shouldnt be done since they are "dead." dying in your physical body does not cut you off from the body of christ. rev talks about the angels and saints praying for us.

2. Jesus did not give everyone his authority to forgive sins. he gave it to the apostles. now im not saying that sins cannot be forgiven if you only confess in your heart and mind, but the bible clearly says to confess your sins with your mouth. and im not saying that if fellow christians confess to each other, they wont be forgiven. but christ gave the authority to the apostles so for it to be as christ said it, you would confess to a priest which is a successor of the apostles.

3. this is my body, this is my blood. people tend to forget that jesus was jewish until he died and if people would study judaism they would see the connection between covenants made in the old testament and the mass and covenant today. jesus didnt come to end everything that had been done but to perfect it. truely believing that it is the body and blood of christ is a very hard thing to do. hmmmm thats about all i have to say right now. i hope my writing is clear.

1. scripture does tell us not to communicate with the dead. what your view of death is, is irrelevant. if you think that when you die, that is it and you are cut off, then you can not possibly believe that one can communicate with the dead because it would not be possible. clearly the physical body is gone, but the soul still remains, either in Christ or without. but scripture does not distinguish which souls that remain you should not communicate with, it plainly, and adamently, requires that you do not communicate with ANY... those that are in Christ or without. it is forbidden.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 16:24 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

John 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Matt. 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matt. 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name

etc. etc..... every biblical instruction on how to pray instructs to pray to the father in the name of Jesus. praying to mary, or to a saint, or to an angel, is not EVER upheld by scripture... and in fact, is willful disobedience to God's very word. in other words, if you're praying to anyone except God himself, in the name of Jesus Christ, you are intentionally committing a sin against God.

more later.... i'm tired and headed for bed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Lady C

If you read Macabees it clearly states that men should pray for the dead, but Luthers movement removed this book.

Why?

Christ referred to this book?

It was in the version of the bible that Christ used.

If it is good enough for Christ why is it not good enough for us?

Who gave them authority to remove it.

For more on this read the thread named deuterocanonicals.

Nicholas