Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

to antiaging..... GODS WORD THE BIBLE SAYs that there is one mediator between GOD and man THE MAN CHRIST JESUS. so JESUS IS the only MEDIATOR that i need

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I tried to determine what is required of a Christian in the New Covenant compared to what was required in the Old Covenant.

Tell me if you think I left anything out.

What commandments must be kept by New Testament Christians, compared to the Old Testament Jewish laws that don't need to be kept anymore in the New Covenant.

There are something like 1,500 commandments given to the body of Christ in the New Testament. Plenty to keep us busy!! :thumbsup:

Can I please have a list of them? If possible, the verses to prove they are indeed commandments? Thank you. :)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Matthew 19:16-26

16)Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"

17)"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good.

If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

18)"Which ones?" the man inquired.

Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder(1), do not commit adultery(2), do not steal(3), do not give false testimony(4),

19)honor your father and mother(5),' and 'love your neighbor as yourself(6).' "

20"All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"

21)Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor(7),

and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

22)When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23)Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24)Again I tell you,

it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

25)When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"

26)Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Matthew 22:37-39

37)Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind(8).'

38)This is the first and greatest commandment.

39)And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Found some. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

I tried to determine what is required of a Christian in the New Covenant compared to what was required in the Old Covenant.

What commandments must be kept by New Testament Christians, compared to the Old Testament Jewish laws that don't need to be kept anymore in the New Covenant.

There are something like 1,500 commandments given to the body of Christ in the New Testament. Plenty to keep us busy!! :emot-hug:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What is that supposed to be? A refutation? The truth is the truth. We have more commandments to keep as Christians than were contained in the Torah.

No its not. I agree with what you said in keeping all the commandments of God, I was just stating the only way we can keep them.

Guest shiloh357

There are something like 1,500 commandments given to the body of Christ in the New Testament. Plenty to keep us busy!! :whistling:

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

What is that supposed to be? A refutation? The truth is the truth. We have more commandments to keep as Christians than were contained in the Torah.

No its not. I agree with what you said in keeping all the commandments of God, I was just stating the only way we can keep them.

I see. In the future, please keep in mind that it is best to give a response, and not just post Scripture. I had no idea what you were trying to say just from posting Scripture. While it may have been clear as a bell, you need to remember that it may not be so obvious to the reader. Posting a clear thoughtful response helps to minimize misunderstandings.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

i jsut live right which i can do since i have been born again. before when i was unsaved i coulnd not do that but now the law the commandment are written in my heart and i know what to do with out looking at a wriiten peice of stone or paper or have some one tell me. i read the bible and follow it the best i can and if i make a mistake i ask GODS FORGIVENSS and HE always comes through for me

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i jsut live right which i can do since i have been born again. before when i was unsaved i coulnd not do that but now the law the commandment are written in my heart and i know what to do with out looking at a wriiten peice of stone or paper or have some one tell me. i read the bible and follow it the best i can and if i make a mistake i ask GODS FORGIVENSS and HE always comes through for me

so good, true61 ! only one way to keep the commandments of God - my old self died and i am a new creature in Christ Jesus. his laws are written on my heart. i have liberty. i do not check off a list of rules to see if i have been a good Christian that day - altho i used to :emot-handshake:

i look in my heart and say yes, i have forgiven all, yes i have been merciful, yes i have considered others better than myself or no, i was a little selfish about that. a good term may be 'attitude adjustment' altho even that is a bit shallow to fully describe the effects of the new birth. yes God always comes thru, He is faithful to 'cleanse us from all unrighteousness'. Praise his Name !!

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

yes my old self was put to death whne i was saved from sin by JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD. PRAISE HIS NAME forevermore

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pastorteacher

After reading your article, I noticed that there wasn;t much said about the NEW COVENANT.

I believe there needs to be a comprehensive eplanation for the reason/s for a New Covenant, what are its total contents, and how it differs from the old. I myself do have a working knowledge as to its whys and wherefores, but would like to hear from you by way of explaining the neccesity of the New Covenant. Thank you. Nelson

Guest shiloh357
After reading your article, I noticed that there wasn;t much said about the NEW COVENANT.

That is because I have not got to the part about the New Covenant. I am quite busy and several committments and a full time job, so I have been away from this topic for a while.