• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Hello,

My question is that I remember reading, I think in my NIV, that during the time of the rapture the Lord will leave behind any who are not of His flock and those whom He chooses to leave behind for a special purpose. Now I can't remember where I read this or if this is true so if any bible scholars out there know of saved people who will left behind please can you give me some scripture??? Thank you.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hello,

My question is that I remember reading, I think in my NIV, that during the time of the rapture the Lord will leave behind any who are not of His flock and those whom He chooses to leave behind for a special purpose. Now I can't remember where I read this or if this is true so if any bible scholars out there know of saved people who will left behind please can you give me some scripture??? Thank you.

Wow! I don't think that's in there!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Hello,

Not only is the scripture almost completely silent on the issue of a rapture, it does not even come close to saying this. You might be thinking of the Jewish witnesses that accept Christ after the supposed rapture...but other than that, scripture is silent.

• Group:  Advanced Member

Hello,

Not only is the scripture almost completely silent on the issue of a rapture, it does not even come close to saying this. You might be thinking of the Jewish witnesses that accept Christ after the supposed rapture...but other than that, scripture is silent.

"supposed rapture" so you do not believe in rapture at all? Any script on that I can see?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Hello,

"supposed rapture" so you do not believe in rapture at all? Any script on that I can see?

The Rapture is one of the most debated end-times concepts out there. There are different views about when it will happen, as well as differeing views on whether or not it will happen at all.

My position is this: be ready for it. If you're ready, then it doesn't matter whether you're wrong or right about it in the end.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have never heard of any such scripture.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Moved from General Discussion to Eschatology Forum

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Hello,

Is it possible the rapture is the same as the day of the lord?

1 Thes 5

5:1 Now on the topic of times and seasons, 1 brothers and sisters, 2 you have no need for anything to be written to you. 5:2 For you know quite well that the day of the Lord 3 will come in the same way as a thief in the night. 4 5:3 Now when 5 they are saying,

Hello,

They are referred to as The Remnant of Israel. They are those who make up a surviving portion of the 144,000 of the twelve tribes of Israel who escape persecution and the portion of the "non-many" of Daniel 9:27 who refuse to take part in the covenant with the Antichrist who will flee to the mountains and also escape persecution. The two groups combined will form the remaining one third of Israel, noting of the two thirds which die in Zech. 13:8.

The Special Purpose is the preaching of the Gospel by the 144,000 Jews, a re-establishing of the Church during the tribulation period by which many of them will be killed for engaging in this ministry, which will oppose the position of the Antichrist.

Zephaniah 3:11-13

11In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.

12I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.

13The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Zechariah 13:8-9

8And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Peace

CJ

Thank you for that scripture. The passage I remember reading was in the NT and it was referring to the gathering of his people. I am still looking and not giving up hope. Like I said, it could be NIV translation which I don't use anymore and thats why I am having trouble finding it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Hello,

Well, I'm not privy to the NIV, but I do have a College study Bible, if you can shed more light on "where" you read this verse? The only sense I make of this is as far as my knowledge of it goes is there are only the "chosen" ones , and they are few in comparison to the many that have passed on this earth, and the rest are doomed! I've never heard of any being left for a "special Purpose." But when you locate that verse, you may shed more light on the information that leads to it and behind it.

Blessings

Cajunboy