• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Whats the difference between the Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit?

No difference. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He was always there from the beginning. I think The baptizing of the Holy Spirit only came after Jesus, but the working of the Holy Spirit was there from the beginning, for God was there from the beginning and They are one. My opinion

So before the death of Christ, were there people who were filled with the Holy Spirit?

Not filled in the sense of "baptized with power", but the Holy Spirit was in them, insofar as He pointed out the Messiah and opened their spiritual eyes to Him.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No difference. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He was always there from the beginning. I think The baptizing of the Holy Spirit only came after Jesus, but the working of the Holy Spirit was there from the beginning, for God was there from the beginning and They are one. My opinion

So before the death of Christ, were there people who were filled with the Holy Spirit?

Not filled in the sense of "baptized with power", but the Holy Spirit was in them, insofar as He pointed out the Messiah and opened their spiritual eyes to Him.

If they weren't granted any power through the Holy Spirit, how do you explain Moses and Elijah?

If they weren't granted any power through the Holy Spirit, how do you explain Moses and Elijah?

Consistently throughout the OT you will see God's Spirit "coming upon" various individuals. God poured out His Spirit on whom He chose...prophets, leaders, priests, elders of the people, ministers in the tabernacle and sanctuary, military leaders, judges and kings.

Not until Jesus came and died and rose again do we see the Holy Spirit as the provision of the Lord--Jesus' Presence in the life of every believer--disciples of the Word of God to this age, ushering in the Kingdom of God.

Consistently throughout the OT you will see God's Spirit "coming upon" various individuals. God poured out His Spirit on whom He chose...prophets, leaders, priests, elders of the people, ministers in the tabernacle and sanctuary, military leaders, judges and kings.

Not until Jesus came and died and rose again do we see the Holy Spirit as the provision of the Lord--Jesus' Presence in the life of every believer--disciples of the Word of God to this age, ushering in the Kingdom of God.

So the Spirit of God had nothing to do with the common ordinary everyday believers of the OT?

God was God of Israel. The individual followed the leaders--they were anointed.

So the Holy Spirit was reserved for the leaders and no one else?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sorry I'm late getting, but I have just finished my breakfast, but it doesn't matter because trmfiles has answered all the questions that were levelled at me.

FA you are digging yourself into a hole and it's getting deeper with each post. Even David prayed that God would not take His Holy Spirit away from him and restore unto to hin the joy of His salvation and uphold him with His free spirit. Salvation, therefore was available even then.

Sorry I'm late getting, but I have just finished my breakfast, but it doesn't matter because trmfiles has answered all the questions that were levelled at me.

FA you are digging yourself into a hole and it's getting deeper with each post. Even David prayed that God would not take His Holy Spirit away from him and restore unto to hin the joy of His salvation and uphold him with His free spirit. Salvation, therefore was available even then.

And David was not a king? We are not in disagreement. Welcome to my cozy hole.

So the Holy Spirit was reserved for the leaders and no one else?