IGNORED

Creation

Believers Battlecry

6 Days  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take God to create the World?

• 6 literal 24 hour days
    • 6,000 years
    • 6 million years
    • I believe in evolution/big bang theories
    • I don't know who created the world

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

There should have been options for Intelligent Design, and Theistic Evolution.

I agree, you did not give enough options for everyone to answer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Took billions of years.

Amen. :emot-highfive:

I believe that there's a very real possibility for the Genesis account to be a restoration of the earth from a prior judgment.

Do you mean He may have made another lot of everything.and trashed (judgement) the whole shooting box and started again with adam.

Well He has told us in no uncertain terms what He is going to do with this lot, and I believe Him.

Careful Ovedya, we're in the minority here. :24:

Eric, if you run into the time, try to read "Christian Theodicy in light of Genesis and Modern Science" by William Dembski. It's a difficult read, but I respect your intelligence, so I'm not too worried. :) It really explains the position most "Crevolutionists" (term I made up) believe in.

:24: Yes, I know. I do take comfort in the fact that, in terms of God's eternal economy, it just doesn't matter. I know why man was created, and I know that God has a goal that is centered around his Bride. :24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

I honestly do not think any christian scientists or biblical scholars believe in theistic evolution.

Many people confuse old earth creation and theistic evolution.

Well, you would be wrong. As theistic evolution is the theological position of the Catholics, Orthodox, Anglicans, most of the Lutherans, most of the Methodists, most of the Presbys, and the vast majority of denominations. In fact, added up, it is probably the position of at least 80% of the world's Christian denominations and theologians.

I honestly do not think any christian scientists or biblical scholars believe in theistic evolution.

Many people confuse old earth creation and theistic evolution.

Well, you would be wrong. As theistic evolution is the theological position of the Catholics, Orthodox, Anglicans, most of the Lutherans, most of the Methodists, most of the Presbys, and the vast majority of denominations. In fact, added up, it is probably the position of at least 80% of the world's Christian denominations and theologians.

Actually, you would be wrong. Most of the denominations believe in old earth creation and have mistakenly hung the label theistic evolution onto old Earth Creation. Pure theistic evolution believes that God initiated the process to bring life about, then he left it wholy to the mechanism of evolution to work independently of Him. Most theologians simply do not believe this. They believe that God initiated life and worked in His creation for Billions of years. God, at distinct times performed distinct works throughout the divisions of the ages. (the 6 long periods of time or 6 days) The problem is most christians do not know what Theistic Evolution is supposed to be. The term has become bastardized and been wrongly thrown out as a blanket postition that it simply is not.

I am sorry, but you are mistaken.

Catholics and Evolution: http://www.catholic.com/library/adam_eve_and_evolution.asp

Episcopalians (Anglicans - World's third largest denomination) and Evolution: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/19021_58398_ENG_HTM.htm

Orthodox Christians and Evolution: http://orthodoxwiki.org/Evolution

Methodists and Evolution: http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?ptid=1&mid=1025

Most denominations simply see evolution as a natural law that is a product of God's will just like other laws of the universe are.

I am equally sorry, but you are mistaken. I know what those denominations believe. I read the links and honestly did nothing but waste valuable time. They all believe that God initiated creation and continued to guide it throughout its progression. That is not theistic evolution. That is old earth creation. Pure theistic evolution holds that God initiated the evolution process, then backed away from it and let it do its work independent of Him. That is simply not what these denominations believe. They believe God initiated the creation process and continued to have a hand in it as it progressed.

As a former Catholic and current Episcopalian, I know their positions on the issue. Theistic Evolution simply states that evolution, like all other laws of the universe is a product of God's will. It is a position that harmonizes faith with science. Essentially, it is a philosophy. In fact, all such beliefs are a philosophy. The only actual scientific theory / law of biology, is evolution, everything else is simply a philosophy about evolution such ID or Theistic Evolution, or a philosophy that irrationally ignores empirical evidence, such as literal creationism.

Otherwise, as far as science goes, there is only one scientific explanation as to the origin of all life, that is evolution and it is as universally accepted in science as something gets.

Science however is agnostic, it does not deal with anything supernatural. Therefore, in terms of where faith intersects biology, there are basically two schools of thought, Theistic Evolution, which harmonizes science and theology, and intelligent design, which attempts to mix science and theology. If you will notice from the links I provided, the Episcopal and Catholic Churches both specifically reject ID in favor of theistic evolution and believe that "it is not science

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/31/1981

I believe in a literal Genesis account of Creation...it took God six 24 hour days. Just want to see what other Christians believe.

Yep.

Amen!!! :o

Uh - huh! :emot-fail:

Exactly, God couldn't have made it much clearer could He? :huh:

Six literal 24 hour days. It's sometimes difficult for us humans to imagine or fathom that this could be true. But what is impossible for me is possible for my God.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't know about those other groups Forrest, but the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod believes in the literal creation account as shown in scripture.

We cannot simply accept Darwin's antipathy for the faith itself, evolution in its pure form is not compatible with a creator, and Darwin knew that and relished it.

http://www.lcms.org/graphics/assets/media/...n-evolution.pdf

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

6 24-hour days, literally.

Riley

Edited by Riley322

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I believe in 6 literal days and I don't ignore science. The science that we have can be interpretted in different ways, depending on your philosophy. I do think the creationist arguments are far better than evolutionary arguments.