ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

I am against it. You know what happens when you assume things right... :whistling:

So being outside the womb is when a baby is finally human in your mind? Again, I think that human life begins when the baby can be put into th wild and still be able to survive. We should allow parents to kill their children all the way up to 13...that sounds like a good ripe age.

No, being viable outside the womb is when a baby is human.

What scriptural support do you base this idea on? What do you consider to be "human"? So babies that are born prematurely (and unable to survive with out heroic medical intervention) should be left to die because, afterall, they aren't yet human? "Viability" determines humanity? Do you consider the severely handicapped and those with mental illnesses to be inhuman and do not deserve to live? :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

A viable baby....we should now start looking for any deformities at birth...and then kill these babies.

We should also make this retroactive, thus anyone who has a physical or mental handicap now, that was a birth defect, should also go through a "life removing procedure."

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

What scriptural support do you base this idea on? What do you consider to be "human"? So babies that are born prematurely (and unable to survive with out heroic medical intervention) should be left to die because, afterall, they aren't yet human? "Viability" determines humanity? Do you consider the severely handicapped and those with mental illnesses to be inhuman and do not deserve to live? :whistling:

There is a pretty good explantion for the issue here:

Edited: I had a site here, however, after looking at the other articles on it, it is a disgusting site and I apologize for not doing a better job of looking it over before posting it.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Look, if its just a clump of cells and not a baby, then where is the stigmatism?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

A viable baby....we should now start looking for any deformities at birth...and then kill these babies.

We should also make this retroactive, thus anyone who has a physical or mental handicap now, that was a birth defect, should also go through a "life removing procedure."

This is getting absurd. There is a difference between a handful of cells, and a new born baby with a deformity. I mean come on, do you have any kids?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

This is getting absurd. There is a difference between a handful of cells, and a new born baby with a deformity. I mean come on, do you have any kids?

You certainly act as if you don't.

And no, I don't have kids. Therefore I'm free of the emotional attachment of the issue. Unfortunately, because your children cannot survive for themselves at their age, the option for terminating them should be open. A "handful of cells" can develop into a human life, but still is not a full human. Likewise, children, though "human" by some absurd standard, still cannot fend for themselves. Ergo, they can be terminated, or at least the parents should have the choice.

Look, if its just a clump of cells and not a baby, then where is the stigmatism?

Care to answer?

BTW, that site you posted is disgusting!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm still backreading, but I wanted to address this since it was in front of me.

What many times is merely a handful of cells is comparable to a new born child?

The idea that a fetus is "merely a handful of cells" is a huge lie on more than one level.

Biologically - Connective tissue is the most abundant type of tissue in the body, and that tissue is made mostly of fibers and "ground substance (what fills in the spaces between the fibers). So, to say a fetus, or even the body for that matter, is a bunch of cells is a complete misnomer.

Spiritually - There is a soul in there, too! Abortion isn't jsut killing growing and developing tissue - abortion is killing a soul.

Edited by nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

If there was a way to protect the privacy of the mother, I would be for this idea. As it is currently however, I don't see how that could happen, therefore I don't support this proposition.

When abortion is viewed as a crime in America I will agree to making the mother's personal information public record, but until then as long as abortion is a legal operation I see no reason to make the mother's information a matter of public interest; the mother should retain the right of privacy at this point in time.

If there was a way to protect the privacy of the mother, I would be for this idea. As it is currently however, I don't see how that could happen, therefore I don't support this proposition.

When abortion is viewed as a crime in America I will agree to making the mother's personal information public record, but until then as long as abortion is a legal operation I see no reason to make the mother's information a matter of public interest; the mother should retain the right of privacy at this point in time.

So mans laws are to be followed over Gods laws?